6A playoff brackets

my2cents

OK, whatever, what question have I not answered. I answered your question with facts about years past. If you mean about all of middle TN put in one quad, it's a dumb question because there are always slightly less than half the teams that qualify for the playoffs that come from middle TN, so putting them in one 8 team quad would be impossible.

What if the middle was all in 1 bracket?

OK, whatever, what question have I not answered. I answered your question with facts about years past. If you mean about all of middle TN put in one quad, it's a dumb question because there are always slightly less than half the teams that qualify for the playoffs that come from middle TN, so putting them in one 8 team quad would be impossible.

You would not like it. Forget the number, it would be a disadvantage to you area and you know this.

What if the middle was all in 1 bracket?

Read above, dumb question. I can not help it if there are more 6A teams in middle TN and therefore more playoff teams in middle TN. The only way this could happen would be if 16 of the 17 teams from East TN were to make the playoffs. Again VERY unlikely and not worth my time commenting on.

Hey..where did I say that the middle was not good? Where? Actually, I said they have great programs. But statistically, the system is skewed to the middle. There is no getting around that. Probability does not work like that. It could run at 100% or 1%. Just because the numbers crunch a certain way, does not mean, it will play out to numbers in real life. Odds are it will, but it is NOT guarranteed. Flip a coin 50 times, in ten sets and record it. Some them will be about 50/50, but others can be very onesided.

Now imagine a cube with "only" 4 sides,2 sides are middle, 1 east and the other west, roll it. What is the odds of the middle showing up? 2 in 1, but this doesn't mean that streaks can't happen. Each result has no bearing on next and so on. The odds never change.

I hate that you edited this post 30 min or so after it was posted. It illustrates my point exactly. If you were to collect the results of tossing this "cube" 46 times and getting 33 middle results, it would be HIGHLY significant and not something that one would expect to see due to randomness, or in this case, the way the brackets were drawn up. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! It's really no different than the coin, but maybe you'll understand it better this time. Roughly 1 out of 1000....not highly probable.

Edited by randymc

Read above, dumb question. I can not help it if there are more 6A teams in middle TN and therefore more playoff teams in middle TN. The only way this could happen would be if 16 of the 17 teams from East TN were to make the playoffs. Again VERY unlikely and not worth my time commenting on.

the point is it is an advantage to the middle. period.

I hate that you edited this post 30 min or so after it was posted. It illustrates my point exactly. If you were to collect the results of tossing this "cube" 46 times and getting 33 middle results, it would be HIGHLY significant and not something that one would expect to see due to randomness, or in this case, the way the brackets were drawn up. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! It's really no different than the coin, but maybe you'll understand it better this time. Roughly 1 out of 1000....not highly probable.

Read the post. The 1st line says, I know the middle is good. I never said the only reason they have won so many titles is because of the brackets. I just said statistically the brackets favor them, it is skewed. They have 50%+ of the teams, the East and West have to eliminate each other, they are playing in 2 brackets(old) and 2 of 4 quads (new). What is not correct in the previous sentence?

"HIGHLY significant" until another streak forms or a series of streaks, which is exactly what happens.

The fact that middle teams have won more than the odds suggest, DOES NOT change the odds. Your Welcome, Welcome, Welcome! You are funny guy. :D Just because you want it not to be and keep typing it, does not change that it is an advantage. NOT the reason, but an advantage. .

Edited by onefortheteam

Read the post. The 1st line says, I know the middle is good. I never said the only reason they have won so many titles is because of the brackets. I just said statistically the brackets favor them, it is skewed. They have 50%+ of the teams, the East and West have to eliminate each other, they are playing in 2 brackets(old) and 2 of 4 quads (new). What is not correct in the previous sentence?

"HIGHLY significant" until another streak forms or a series of streaks, which is exactly what happens.

The fact that middle teams have won more than the odds suggest, DOES NOT change the odds. Your Welcome, Welcome, Welcome! You are funny guy. :D Just because you want it not to be and keep typing it, does not change that it is an advantage. NOT the reason, but an advantage. .

Wasting your time randymc. Also, he knows the middle is good because his #1 seeded team from last year got beat by the mighty, dominant Independence Eagles. :lol:

Maryville didn't play very well that game .... I'll give you that , but to start naming all the teams that would beat us based off of that game ... Well I could state something disrespectful that could never be proven just like you ..... Be very thankful you didn't have to play Alcoa last year ..... there , like that ? Maryville will do their best to make it a rematch , you guys do the same , ok .

No disrespect intended to Maryville. My observations are obviously very limited. I saw Brentwood play one time last year, that was vs WS. I saw Maryville play one time last year, again, vs WS. So my opinion has very little research available. I am aware of Maryville's reputation, and they are a great program, with great history, coaching etc....

One more thing, being objective here...I think Maryville stands a better chance of getting into a "rematch" positon than we do this year. We'll try though! Good luck to your team!

Edited by Spartansfan

Wasting your time randymc. Also, he knows the middle is good because his #1 seeded team from last year got beat by the mighty, dominant Independence Eagles. :lol:

I have said not once, but many times in this very thread that the middle has not only good, but great programs. This has never been an issue. What is at issue is little randymc's lack of objectivity. the middle does have an advantage in the playoff system. This and fact that he and others dismiss other area's teams as being insignificant to the process, beneath them if you will. Oh and of course, that fact that even facing facts and solid points, he denies he is wrong and some of the time doesn't want to remember what he has posted. :D

well finally we agree...middle does have great programs...certainly head and shoulders above everyone else in the state for at least the last 20 years!

**most of the time other teams are insignificant to the process because the middle teams are just so much better and dominant it just does not matter...but even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time and so even a west TN team finds a champion from time to time (i think 2 times in 20 years)

**o yeah...the system is skewed toward the middle...it has allowed MTN to dominate for the last 20 years...may the skewed system be with us still more and more!

have a blessed day!