Knox West vs Tennessee High 1st Round

THSVikings2004

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cap, West can fly, speed is one thing they do have. Their main back is fast but not the fastest one, the backup is faster and he will see more time this week. If you have inexperienced linebackers and safeties that don't like to come up and bring it, ya'll could be in trouble. West runs the mid-line veer to perfection, it's their bread and butter. But they do alot of other things well also, they will run some spread option type stuff, speed option as well. The Rebels starting twenty two are big, fast and athletic. If West could reach their full potential they could make a deep run. That's what they struggle with, they are kind of up and down, inconsistant week to week. One week a slow start, then a good second half. The next week a fast start and a sleep walk through the second half.

Good info it you are correct in the West offensive execution. With this being the case, West will have their starters on the bench by the end of the second quarter. There is two possible problems....THS has no understanding of how to stop the option. The secondary either does not retain their resonsibilities very well. Or the coaches do not coach them well. The FS has no clue to his responsibilities (run or pass). left corner still trying to figure out where he is suppost to be also. However rt corner seems to get it. Rt corner prototype Free safety (#10). This guy gets it!! THS offensive schemes have good intentions but too many missed blocks, responsibilities, and lack of speed. And how many times can you throw that little out route to the Downs kid. #26 seems would put some excitement in the offense. However, he is not given enough opportunities to tote the rock. Whats up with that? Seems they would do better drawing something up in the dirt almost like a sandlot game. I will refer to this process as adjustments. I know this sounds mean but it is what it is. I will say that The effort is there sometimes but the execution is not. Won't be there, no attachments to either team. Decided to view JC Maryville game. However, Good luck to both sides.

You need to get hooked up with Cap, I heard he is not only giving rides, but paying for the ticket and providing a meal for anyone that will go.

Yea... and a free trip to Disney World to the entire South football team for (ONCE AGAIN) shuttin the Boone fans mouths for the last time before they assume their position next year in the lower half of the Big 8 where they will be for years to come. :roflol:

Good info it you are correct in the West offensive execution. With this being the case, West will have their starters on the bench by the end of the second quarter. There is two possible problems....THS has no understanding of how to stop the option. The secondary either does not retain their resonsibilities very well. Or the coaches do not coach them well. The FS has no clue to his responsibilities (run or pass). left corner still trying to figure out where he is suppost to be also. However rt corner seems to get it. Rt corner prototype Free safety (#10). This guy gets it!! THS offensive schemes have good intentions but too many missed blocks, responsibilities, and lack of speed. And how many times can you throw that little out route to the Downs kid. #26 seems would put some excitement in the offense. However, he is not given enough opportunities to tote the rock. Whats up with that? Seems they would do better drawing something up in the dirt almost like a sandlot game. I will refer to this process as adjustments. I know this sounds mean but it is what it is. I will say that The effort is there sometimes but the execution is not. Won't be there, no attachments to either team. Decided to view JC Maryville game. However, Good luck to both sides.

I would like to… but I can’t disagree with anything you stated because we are obviously looking at the big screen. :thumb: I think #10 would also make a heck of a receiver. He’s one of if not the fastest players on the team and has made SEVERAL spectacular one handed INTs.

Would love to see the Rebels roll in the first round of the playoffs. Some great talent on the team and incredible work ethic. The team has really improved this year. Last week, QB-1 got off to a rough start, but shined through in the second half. His younger brother had a nice pick with their backs against the goal line in the first half as well. I see West taking this one, but as people who have watched the Rebs this year can attest to, they can either come out and beat the Beardens and Catholics, or they can lay an egg and play flat. Let's have for a strong start and finish for the West High Rebels.

Yea... and a free trip to Disney World to the entire South football team for (ONCE AGAIN) shuttin the Boone fans mouths for the last time before they assume their position next year in the lower half of the Big 8 where they will be for years to come. :roflol:

Cap, you look bad on that one.... like Ali fighting Spinks and Holmes when he should have been setting Ringside. Boone is THE #1 challange to Dobyns-Bennett in the Big 8 now and in the future. Science Hill, South and TN High are second level from here on out.