Clarksville @ Springfield

Kevin38

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you should have listened to the history lesson a little better, Henry County may lose next week so if the springfield coaches want to see Henry county in the playoffs they better come see us in Paris next week, we will be playing then. LOL Could not help myself after hearing the Springfield coaches after the Henry county game say over and over and over that they would see us again in the playoffs, two first round exits, I can hear it now, the whining is happening, the jackets got screwed and Clarksville did not really beat them, Springfield coaches never give the winning team credit. Their players are sure to follow that and that will never win big games as someone has to step up and be a man for that program and say hey we got bested tonight.

I think you should have listened to the history lesson a little better, Henry County may lose next week so if the springfield coaches want to see Henry county in the playoffs they better come see us in Paris next week, we will be playing then. LOL Could not help myself after hearing the Springfield coaches after the Henry county game say over and over and over that they would see us again in the playoffs, two first round exits, I can hear it now, the whining is happening, the jackets got screwed and Clarksville did not really beat them, Springfield coaches never give the winning team credit. Their players are sure to follow that and that will never win big games as someone has to step up and be a man for that program and say hey we got bested tonight.

Great point about "man-ing" up about the loss and a very true statement.

Tough loss for the Jackets, congrats to Clarksville on the win , you had a great game plan and earned a hard fought win. While the loss hurts , I want to thank the players and coaches for a good season.Our program has came a long way in two seasons and I truly believe we can build on this disappointing loss , its been 17 years since our State Championship and there are five coaches on our staff that have ethier played or coached on a state championship team , I have faith in our staff and players to get back to that level, thanks to our seniors on this years team , you have left a good foundation for our under-classmen to build on. GO JACKETS !!

Hats off to Clarksville; they came in w/ a solid defensive game plan and executed. They also used a ball-control running game which helped their defense tremendously. Congrats to the Wildcats and good luck in round 2.....

What happened?? I was looking forward to the Beech/Springfield matchup but the Clarksville schools had something else in mind. Is Clarkville that good? Did turnovers, penalties, etc. change the game?? I was pulling for the Jackets so I am not a sarcastic WH fan trying to be smart.

What happened?? I was looking forward to the Beech/Springfield matchup but the Clarksville schools had something else in mind. Is Clarkville that good? Did turnovers, penalties, etc. change the game?? I was pulling for the Jackets so I am not a sarcastic WH fan trying to be smart.

Pretty much what I said, Clarksville played an excellent defensive football game. There were penalties but they were called on both sides and did not effect the outcome. The only issue w/ a penalty was a pass int where #8 Farmer was hit way b/4 the ball got to him; they initially threw the flag but later waived it off, they would have 1st and goal inside the 5 I think. There were also a few turnovers (INTS) but Clarksvilles DBs just made good plays on the ball.....

What team was on the field? This was not the same team that played here all year! Couldnt tackle #8, looked lathargic most the night, and Dickerson was fighting with the linemen in first half. Not the Jacket team I have watched all year. Clarksville was not the better team, but in a famous quote heard through the ages I can only reference one thing. "Trap!!!" This was the typical trap game, and we were the mouse in the trap. Congrats to the Wildcats, and good luck next week at Northeast!

That pass interference was also a joke. The official said the ball was tipped, but when Campbell threw the ball there was no one in his path. So who tipped the ball? I also believe that we should have kicked the field goals, but then again I don't coach and am an arm chair quarterback. I believe that Coach Myers made a call that he felt was right, and I thought that we were given a bad spot on the first attempt. Campbell's first push put him at the 4 yard line, but then the official marked the ball he put it on the 5 yard line. Then again, my view was different than the officials, and the truth of the matter is we did not play tonight. Simply put, who was the team that was on the field tonight?

Edited by OldJacketFan

Clarksville will go only as far as Meriweather and Rodrigez take them.....I think it's a "uphill battle" for the Wildcats...they need the Yellowjackets to turn it over...I think Springfield will be a "hard out" at home!

Well...sounds like #8 did his part....and the Wildcats "pushed the ball uphill" and got the job done! Good job Wildcats.....I can't say I "predicted" this...but yet, I'm not at all surprised! Good job the last 4 weeks....the Wildcats will too be a tough out!