Cleveland vs Lawrence county

blueraiders22

“I didn’t enjoy losing the game one bit,†Slaughter said. “Our performance was disgusting and disappointing. but we had an outstanding coaching staff and some outstanding young men that didn’t play very well. But I’ll tell you this — we’re going to do some outstanding things in the playoffs.â€

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2010/oct/30/soddy-daisy-beats-cleveland-old-coach/

I have no dog in the Lawrence-Cleveland game, or the Cleveland-Soddy rivalry, it's just amazing how statements like this often are followed by opposite results. Usually it's limited to pro sports.

Very good Indian. I guess the good things EK is talking about is either a) going to support Bradley or Soddy-Daisy or B)jump starting his recruiting.

Apparently, you are not seeing the difference. Its really not that complicated but I will make it a little more easy to understand. The 2 above statements from the Cleveland people are saying the (1) they heard your boys cheap shot, and (2) telling our boys to hurry up and get up so that they dont get hit late. Neither one of these are directly pointed at one of your players and saying that we hope our boys hurt yours.

Your statement on the other hand was directly pointed at trying to reinjure one of our players. Can you conprehend that?? Probably not. P.S. you didnt offend me....it will take alot more people than you to offend me. Just trying to show you the difference in talking crap and classless. Sorry if you cant take it.

Oh and I am all for a little trash talking as long as you keep the kids names out of your mouth. It makes the game better for those of us who cant actually get on the field and hit someone.

o.k. BLEEDINGBLUE what is the excuse this week ???? Field to wet, ball had to much air in it , field was to short , grass on the field was to long , the band was to loud ????????? or "OUR OVERRATED BUNCH OF NOTHING TRANSFERS REALLY ARE"

o.k. BLEEDINGBLUE what is the excuse this week ???? Field to wet, ball had to much air in it , field was to short , grass on the field was to long , the band was to loud ????????? or "OUR OVERRATED BUNCH OF NOTHING TRANSFERS REALLY ARE"

First off I have never offered an excuse for any of our losses. A L is a L despite what many say, i.e. our team is better, your bunch is overrated, blah blah blah. But if your looking for an excuse I will give you this: Our special teams killed us.

My question to you is: why is it that you have nothing better to do that bash kids? Did you not make the team when you were younger, was someone mean to you, you were supposed to play but the coach played someone worse? Someone needs to grow up and get a life and cheer his own team on instead of worrying about Cleveland. We are done for this year but dont worry we will see you next year and we will be wearing our district champs shirts the whole way.

Aside from your sorry A.....I do wish your young men all the luck in the world. I know a lot of them and they are outstanding kids.

Edited by Bleedingblue

First off I have never offered an excuse for any of our losses. A L is a L despite what many say, i.e. our team is better, your bunch is overrated, blah blah blah. But if your looking for an excuse I will give you this: Our special teams killed us.

My question to you is: why is it that you have nothing better to do that bash kids? Did you not make the team when you were younger, was someone mean to you, you were supposed to play but the coach played someone worse? Someone needs to grow up and get a life and cheer his own team on instead of worrying about Cleveland. We are done for this year but dont worry we will see you next year and we will be wearing our district champs shirts the whole way.

Aside from you sorry A.....I do wish your young men all the luck in the world. I know a lot of them and they are outstanding kids.

What you have to understand is that it isn't personal with the kids that transfered, but it is the second year in a row where Cleveland has taken parts from our team during spring practice. I don't blame Slaughter leaving to line his pockets but they way it went down left alot of upset parents as well as kids.

It would be wise not to talk about next year. You might want to look at both starting rosters before foot is inserted into mouth.

Look on the brightside, I think rivals has you at having the #3 recruiting class behind #2 Baylor and #1 Signal Mtn.

Edited by foozballman

What you have to understand is that it isn't personal with the kids that transfered, but it is the second year in a row where Cleveland has taken parts from our team during spring practice. I don't blame Slaughter leaving to line his pockets but they way it went down left alot of upset parents as well as kids.

It would be wise not to talk about next year. You might want to look at both starting rosters before foot is inserted into mouth.

Look on the brightside, I think rivals has you at having the #3 recruiting class behind #2 Baylor and #1 Signal Mtn.

Yes I understand its personal with the kids that transfered so let the kids do the trash talking. The point I'm trying to make is that you guys can be a little more mature than getting on here and trash talking high school kids. As far as the way Slaughter left im sure it did make alot of kids and parents upset but personally I think he was looking out for his own kids. Dont get mad its just a personal statment.

And as far as talking about next year....thats just a part of football.....surely you know this. Like I said Good luck to the Soddy and Bradley boys. I hope they play well.

Yes I understand its personal with the kids that transfered so let the kids do the trash talking. The point I'm trying to make is that you guys can be a little more mature than getting on here and trash talking high school kids. As far as the way Slaughter left im sure it did make alot of kids and parents upset but personally I think he was looking out for his own kids. Dont get mad its just a personal statment.

It is personal to all the schools in our district. We see a team that cheats AND gets away with it over and over! You are only fooling yourself if you think that people aren't going to kick up a little dust about it. It is about time that TSSAA grows a pair and starts standing up to Cleveland High School. There is a long history of Cleveland High School recruiting players from other counties like they are a private school. You get away with it in several sports. I hope that everyone does keep talking about it. Eventually Cleveland High will be held accountable for their illegal actions. Enough complaints and attention will eventually cause someone to step in and put a stop to the corruption.

Cleveland's tactics has gained a lot of attention from all over the state this year! It isn't just a topic that rival teams are complaining about. As far as I am concerned...name kids, name coaches...I could care less that anyone’s feelings are hurt. These kids, families, and coaches knew that what they did was wrong. They took that risk. People deserve to know the truth. Kids living in other counties shouldn't be playing at CHS. Coaches have to quit housing these kids. Coaches have to quit transporting these players back and forth. At some point, it has to end! The sooner the better!

It is personal to all the schools in our district. We see a team that cheats AND gets away with it over and over! You are only fooling yourself if you think that people aren't going to kick up a little dust about it. It is about time that TSSAA grows a pair and starts standing up to Cleveland High School. There is a long history of Cleveland High School recruiting players from other counties like they are a private school. You get away with it in several sports. I hope that everyone does keep talking about it. Eventually Cleveland High will be held accountable for their illegal actions. Enough complaints and attention will eventually cause someone to step in and put a stop to the corruption.

Cleveland's tactics has gained a lot of attention from all over the state this year! It isn't just a topic that rival teams are complaining about. As far as I am concerned...name kids, name coaches...I could care less that anyone’s feelings are hurt. These kids, families, and coaches knew that what they did was wrong. They took that risk. People deserve to know the truth. Kids living in other counties shouldn't be playing at CHS. Coaches have to quit housing these kids. Coaches have to quit transporting these players back and forth. At some point, it has to end! The sooner the better!

WOW!

Here is a link to an impressive article written by Stephen Hargis of the Times Freepress. Read into it what you will but it is pretty straight forward.

My link

Edited by foozballman

WOW!

Here is a link to an impressive article written by Stephen Hargis of the Times Freepress. Read into it what you will but it is pretty straight forward.

My link

The article calls the Cleveland High's 4 senior transfers "Cleveland’s foursome". One Meigs County student, two Hamilton County students, and one from Kileen, Texas. And that's just one sport and one season. If people only knew the widespread problem that Cleveland has with recruiting. If it is a legal transfer, that's one thing. But we all know that the majority of their "recruits" are not legit. They are one dormatory away from being a private boarding school. Until then, I guess the coaches' residences will have to work.

Edited by etnfan

The article calls the Cleveland High's 4 senior transfers "Cleveland’s foursome". One Meigs County student, two Hamilton County students, and one from Kileen, Texas. And that's just one sport and one season. If people only knew the widespread problem that Cleveland has with recruiting. If it is a legal transfer, that's one thing. But we all know that the majority of their "recruits" are not legit. They are one dormatory away from being a private boarding school. Until then, I guess the coaches' residences will have to work.

I'm still confused on why everyone is still fussing about the transfers, TSSAA looked into all of the and ruled them eligible, end of story

Ok if you are going to point the finger at Cleveland in this article you need to mention the other schools that it mentions that have had transfers come in. And make sure you look up the 547 cases of transfers in TN and talk about them too.