Blount County Schools Football

PhoosballPhan

Scots, did ur Raider team really win the Super Bowl a couple of weeks ago? I have been reading through the thread and thought I saw where you all won. I had to work that day and was coming by the game on my way home, but by the time I rode by they were presenting trophies and I assumed Maryville won because the scoreboard said Maryville 6 visitor 0.

We did. We were the home team as we beat the Rebs during the regular season. Thus the scoreboard you saw.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and momma both, Stars. Just thinking about that hamburger steak smothered in mushroom gravy and a whole order of onion rings, gets my tongue jumping.

By the way, are you not jealous that GovMan left you out of the whole man crush thing. I mean you are everyones favorite poster (including me) how could he leave you out.

Jaik.....Eye'm thankin' a bowl ov Tater Soup and Cornbraid on my next vizit two Tea Cee's.....Momma iz thankin' a wash tub ov Tater Soup and Cornbraid....

Jaik eye ain't one bit jellus....Oldrebel and MLREB iz lots purtier than me....Even tho my teef iz whiter....Clorox and a cup on tha nite stand can do wundurs!!!..... :mrgreen:

Edited by STARSNBARS

both wb and heritage should play alcoa every year. by not playing them it shows that they are not commited to football.gate money would help schools. play on thursday and have bigger crowd. kids dont want to play for them so they walk the halls or go to alcoa. man up and lets have a true county championship.

It won't happen. Not anything to gain for either team. If the county school wins then everyone says that they are supposed to. If they lose then it is a big deal for 2A/3A Aloca to beat 6A teams. The only one who wins is Alcoa with the bigger gate. And with the history between the county schools and Alcoa I don't think anyone is too eager to help Alcoa out.

"We had 2 players on the Rebs that will go to Alcoa, both of them were 11 yrs old. One of them was Randall Cobb's nephew (he had 2 nephews on the team - one at Alcoa and one at MIS). The other kid that will go to Alcoa is really good too - very tough."

'OldRebel2[/size]' timestamp='1289492158' post='2568732']

One of the two players you describe goes to Maryville Intermediate School now.. not Alcoa. The other one attends Alcoa.

So, are you saying that in addition to one of Cobb's 2 nephews going to MIS (which I referrerd to above), the other kid (not one of the cobb's) I was referring to is now at MIS as well? The other kid I was referring to has a mom that is a teacher at Alcoa...so I assumed that is where he went also.

[/i]So, are you saying that in addition to one of Cobb's 2 nephews going to MIS (which I referrerd to above), the other kid (not one of the cobb's) I was referring to is now at MIS as well? The other kid I was referring to has a mom that is a teacher at Alcoa...so I assumed that is where he went also.

Yes the teacher's son goes to Alcoa. Randall Cobb has only one nephew on the team and that child goes to MIS. The other player who goes to Alcoa is not Randall Cobb's nephew. That's what I was referring to.

It won't happen. Not anything to gain for either team. If the county school wins then everyone says that they are supposed to. If they lose then it is a big deal for 2A/3A Aloca to beat 6A teams. The only one who wins is Alcoa with the bigger gate. And with the history between the county schools and Alcoa I don't think anyone is too eager to help Alcoa out.

AGREED

AGREED

Phoos and LowKee,

Using the same reasoning, then shouldn't Maryville take them off of their schedule now also?

And yes, I agree with the "not being so eager to help Alcoa out" ... I know the whole story. But I still believe we ought to play them. However, I will support the decision made by our administration and our coaching staff. It's okay to disagree every now and then! :mrgreen:

Phoos and LowKee,

Using the same reasoning, then shouldn't Maryville take them off of their schedule now also?

And yes, I agree with the "not being so eager to help Alcoa out" ... I know the whole story. But I still believe we ought to play them. However, I will support the decision made by our administration and our coaching staff. It's okay to disagree every now and then! :mrgreen:

Govman, It seems like the administration is cutting their nose off to spite their face. To be the best you need to beat or at least compete with the best. PS[Gov, Why did'nt you guys replay the M.H.S-W.B.H.S game?]

Govman, It seems like the administration is cutting their nose off to spite their face. To be the best you need to beat or at least compete with the best. PS[Gov, Why did'nt you guys replay the M.H.S-W.B.H.S game?]

x2 ...not sure. I'm not in the BCS-TV loop. I would assume there might have been technical difficulties with the recording equipment. I have never known Mike Treadway or Holden Lail to "censor or not show a game" just because of the result.