Grundy county at Pearl Cohn

Middletn28

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Grundy brings their A game they can play with anyone. They can run, throw and can play tough defense. What can Grundy fans expect from Pearl Cohn because we have no clue about them?

DL.

Very quick and athletic. They are pretty balanced. They beat some good teams...and played some better teams close.

When Grundy brings their A game they can play with anyone. They can run, throw and can play tough defense. What can Grundy fans expect from Pearl Cohn because we have no clue about them?

DL.

Well pearl cohn can also run and throw the ball and on the defensive side they play VERY FAST AND HARD. I was looking at you guys schedule rank "81" and PC "18" by them 3 academy school which all reached the playoffs I'm guessing this is going to be a very good game or a one sided game....

DL.

After their last two games losing to Grace and beating Notre Dame in overtime, I think PC will win by 3 TDS. Grundy is inconsistent at best.

Found this in the news paper today :These Firebirds are on fire – and they are headed to the state football playoffs.

With loads of firepower on both sides of the ball, Pearl-Cohn (7-3) is riding high into the Class 3A playoffs. The Firebirds are the type team one doesn’t relish playing right off – a unit with a versatile offense and a strong defense.

They start the journey Friday night when they host Grundy County (6-4). Once there, they hope to return to the glory days of their two state championship teams of the late 1990s.

Pearl-Cohn capped off four-game win streak and an unbeaten mark against 3A opponents with a 17-14 victory Friday over host Christ Presbyterian Academy.

Pearl-Cohn’s only losses are to strong DII teams (Montgomery Bell Academy and Battle Ground Academy) and to No. 2 ranked 4A powerhouse Maplewood. The Firebirds haven’t lost since that 27-6 defeat to Maplewood on Oct. 1.

Running back DeAnthony Hall set the tone against CPA when he bolted 38 yards on his first rush and wound up with164 yards in just 16 carries. He also had a touchdown nullified by a penalty.

Michael Murray added 54 yards and one touchdown on 12 attempts.

But it is defense, long a Firebird trademark, which has been a consistent force, especially late in the season.

Defensive backs Richard Taylor and Jestin Williams, along with cornerback Demario Donnell all intercepted passes, and defensive Reggie Clay had two sacks and a forced fumble. For Donnell, it was his Nashville-best eighth pick of the season.

Count Taylor among those who feel Pearl-Cohn is not a team one wants to face right off the bat in the playoffs.

“I don’t think we’re someone that anyone would want to face right off but face at any point in the playoffs,†Taylor, a senior, who returned his interception 22 yards for a touchdown and a 14-0 lead early in the second quarter, said. “This is my last year, and I’m going to do everything I can to make us successful.

“We’re getting stronger as the season has gone along, and the coaches and everyone on the team is close like family.â€

Coach Tony Brunetti was satisfied with the victory but far from a happy camper.

“This game was a lot like our season has gone – we’ve had some really high points and some really low ones,†he said.

He said he was disappointed that after his team built a 17-0 lead (and fumbled at the CPA 1-yard line the first half) it had to hang on at the finish.

“We are making far too many mistakes, fumbles and penalties (110 yards vs. CPA), and we have to fix that to be a really good team,†he said.

Guest Termite

Well pearl cohn can also run and throw the ball and on the defensive side they play VERY FAST AND HARD. I was looking at you guys schedule rank "81" and PC "18" by them 3 academy school which all reached the playoffs I'm guessing this is going to be a very good game or a one sided game....

Going out on a limb ain't you mt28?? :roflol: