Austin East at West Greene

budkilmer

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Buffaloes
    • Road Runners

I thought there would be more discussion than this on this game. Where is Columbai Blue and Scarlet? I figured he'd be on here since he is, I'm assuming a RoadRunner fan and seems how he has been bashing District 2.

I'm here. I just didn't have anything to say... but since you are asking for something, here goes...

If West Greene's offense can get some first downs, not have to punt, and minimize Austin-East's offensive possesions... then they will keep it respectable. If Austin-East forces 3 and outs, it will be a long night for West Greene. Either way, Austin-East will win.

Edited by ColumbiaBlueNScarlet

Are the Buffs healthy? I know they got dinged up a bit in the ChuckEy-Doak game.

I don't think so barb, which could be a huge factor. They have lost several starters all year long to season ending injuries. Several have already had surgery. Their QB, Cory Lindsay went down two weeks ago against Chuckey Doak but I haven't heard an injury report on him, don't know if he will play or not. If you look on the sidelines Friday night you may see more players on crutches than in pads.

I don't think so barb, which could be a huge factor. They have lost several starters all year long to season ending injuries. Several have already had surgery. Their QB, Cory Lindsay went down two weeks ago against Chuckey Doak but I haven't heard an injury report on him, don't know if he will play or not. If you look on the sidelines Friday night you may see more players on crutches than in pads.

According the Greeneville Sun today, Lindsay is out with an "blown knee." Don't know which ligament but it appears to be atleast one of them. May be a factor in this one, when he went down in the Chuckey Doak game, so did the Buffs. Good news is, they've had two weeks to get something worked out during the bye week. According to the Sun, Coach Case isn't telling anyone who he will have under center.

Good job Buffs, you surprised some people. Nothing to be ashamed of just coming up one yard short. Here are few things I took away from this game.

1) Penalties, more flags than I have ever seen in a football game. Wow!

2) The Buffs should have won. I don't think is Austin East is really all that great. They are very athletic and that's what they rely on. I think the Buffs came out flat and maybe a little afraid of the "Austin East" name. Once they realized they could play with them, it was too late and a yard short.

Good season Buffs and good luck Road Runners.

Other than all the delays for penalties and the freezing cold, it was a fun game to watch.

I'm disappointed in my Roadrunners... one of their worse games all season. Austin-East usually peaks this time of year, but they seem to be going backwards. They will have to play better to win more games this year.

Austin-East should've blown out West Greene. West Greene was unable to drive the ball down the field. Every West Greene score came with a short field. West Greene did not stop Austin-East... holding penalties on WR that did not impact the result of the play nullified long gains all night for the Roadrunners.