Sweetwater vs Alcoa

dumdum

I know alot of folks would be quick to throw stones at me for starting this thread, but alot folks may not remember, but this use to be a big rivalry over the years. Yeah Alcoa has dominated and Sweetwater is in a rebuilding stage, but congrats to both teams for making the playoffs. Does Alcoa keep starters in for the first half and work the back ups or do they stay sharp and play a little longer, this may be the big question. The Wildcats have had to revamp their offensive line over the last few weeks, and are relatively young, could be lessons learned here.

:popcorneater:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know alot of folks would be quick to throw stones at me for starting this thread, but alot folks may not remember, but this use to be a big rivalry over the years. Yeah Alcoa has dominated and Sweetwater is in a rebuilding stage, but congrats to both teams for making the playoffs. Does Alcoa keep starters in for the first half and work the back ups or do they stay sharp and play a little longer, this may be the big question. The Wildcats have had to revamp their offensive line over the last few weeks, and are relatively young, could be lessons learned here.

:popcorneater:

Coach Rankin rarely plays his starters once a 35 point margin is established. In fact, in the two games prior to the CAK game, the ones played a grand total of 20 plays or less. The twos and threes get a lot of playing time and is one of the key building blocks for our program. Unfortunately, some teams keep their ones in an effort to close the gap some and never build any depth.

dumdum you are correct this use to be a great rivalry. In the 70's these two teams dominated 1A. I say dominate because you had 5 titles between these two teams in the 70's. That is a really high number of titles for the era of football. Especially with only the three classifications. This year however Sweetwater is way overmatched. They just don't have the talent are the experience to beat an Alcoa. Richie Marsh has done a good job this year and this teams looks to be better the next few years. Who knows maybe these two will become big rivals again??

<CrazyMountainFolk> Take it to 'em Sweetwater! Show them Alcoa Boys that reputation and hype don't replace hard work and heart! Give 'em the "Monkey Stomp (Copyright©2010 South Pitt Pirates - God love 'em!)" when they ain't even ^thinking^ about you and this game! Too darn busy designing a bigger trophy case already.... Don't give it to them! </CrazyMountainFolk>

Go Cats!

:thumb:

Yes. I can cheer for the Sweetwater Wildcats - better the people you know than any painted-bridge-obsessed NCAA feeder program lol...

:ph34r:

Edited by Yeehaw

<CrazyMountainFolk> Take it to 'em Sweetwater! Show them Alcoa Boys that reputation and hype don't replace hard work and heart! Give 'em the "Monkey Stomp (Copyright©2010 South Pitt Pirates - God love 'em!)" when they ain't even ^thinking^ about you and this game! Too darn busy designing a bigger trophy case already.... Don't give it to them! </CrazyMountainFolk>

Go Cats!

Yes. I can cheer for the Sweetwater Wildcats - better the people you know than any painted-bridge-obsessed NCAA feeder program lol...

Haw haw ,Yeehaw. YES ! , Sweetwater 'Cats,stick it to 'em !. Kick gouge bite,whatever.Pick one and wear 'em out.Almost hate them as much as the Yankees,lol. 'Cats -kill.

Haw haw ,Yeehaw. YES ! , Sweetwater 'Cats,stick it to 'em !. Kick gouge bite,whatever.Pick one and wear 'em out.Almost hate them as much as the Yankees,lol. 'Cats -kill.

I've seen both of these teams in person this year and you can kickgougeandbite all you want to and this is still the biggest mismatch in the entire screwy format this week. I've also seen Alcoas JV team this year and if every junior and senior from Alcoa fell and turned an ankle running out of that foggy helmet they would still win by as many as they wanted to. I would be willing to wager that Alcoa will score on 5 of their first 10 offensive plays.

Go Cats!

Glad you support your team. Our boys will be "taking care of business" tonight...it'll just be another day at the office. Rankin doesn't allow the boys to overlook anyone.

I understand depth is a key issue at Sweetwater, and there are quite a few injuries. This one will be over by the end of the 1st. Quarter, not half.

Coach Marsh said that he was going to play a couple of guys "that have never played" to block Tyson & Warren. I don't think that's going to end well for the Wildcats.

Bundle up; it's gonna be a cold one! But, at least it'll be an early one!

Edited by tornadogold