Columbia Academy @ Nashville Christian

Shep

I have personally seen CA play and it wasnt anything impressive, although it was toward the beginning of the season, but if they can talk about week 3 for NC, its open for CA as well. They run a Wing-T offense that doesnt have much ability to pass, and from what i saw, no one that can match up very well against NC's size and speed. Maybe their tailback as far as speed goes. I dont predict a blow out but i will say NC by at least 14. If they stuff the run and make CA pass (which i can guarantee they do not want to do), it will be a long long night for CA. However if NC allows them to run the ball, we could have us a game on our hands. Should be interesting to watch!! :popcorneater:

I have looked at the teams that NCS have played and only 3 teams had winning records. NCS only beat 2 of those teams. I know that it's not NCS's fault for the weak teams that they have played, but are they (NCS)very strong at all or do they just have a good record because the rest where so bad? CA didn't really impress me either but they did score alot of points on a few teams. They even lead Perry County at the half.

Edited by WCHSGRAD

I have looked at the teams that NCS have played and only 3 teams had winning records. NCS only beat 2 of those teams. I know that it's not NCS's fault for the weak teams that they have played, but are they (NCS)very strong at all or do they just have a good record because the rest where so bad? CA didn't really impress me either but they did score alot of points on a few teams. They even lead Perry County at the half.

CA just didn't have the depth to keep up and beat teams such as PC, and WC. but if the teams are more like them, (i'm assuming NC) they should be able to play them really well. should be a good game!

WCHSgrad, NCS is improved by leaps and bounds since last year, very disciplined to their assignments, it will take a very strong D to slow them down, they run and pass and mix it up well, their D is pretty good also, got sum big ole boys up front, this unit plays well together, let me put it like this, they will CA all they want. Good luck to all !

Which game did you see them in? They were playing pretty well early in the season. The first or second game of the season, they were beating Huntland 52-8 at the half.

I saw the huntland game and it appeared to me that CA wasn't really that good, but huntland was that bad. They were not very impressive, even against a seemingly bad team. The scoreboard looked a lot worse than the game really was at half. Huntland had i think 3, maybe 4 turnovers at half.

[/quote/]

Even if CA was up at half, its not about halftime scores. NC may have played a weaker schedule but its about the amount of W's you are able to chalk up. Jo Byrnes played about the same competition, minus cascade and maybe harpeth (depending on who you talk to) and no one is complaing about their schedule. I just dont think CA will be able to get enough going wih their predictable, run oriented offense and i dont think they will be able to stop NC's well rounded offense for any period of time. I'll say at least, NC by 14 and most 28. Even though it is Coach Lansdell's return to Nashville, I believe Brother's team will prove too strong for what CA can muster up.

If you doubt how good NCS really is and dont believe the fans from the best in the state{JB} about how good they are then come watch friday night, first playoff game in 10 years i think they will be more than fired up.

I saw the huntland game and it appeared to me that CA wasn't really that good, but huntland was that bad. They were not very impressive, even against a seemingly bad team. The scoreboard looked a lot worse than the game really was at half. Huntland had i think 3, maybe 4 turnovers at half.

I think anytime you are up by forty-six at the half, it's impressive.

If you doubt how good NCS really is and dont believe the fans from the best in the state{JB} about how good they are then come watch friday night, first playoff game in 10 years i think they will be more than fired up.

realistically, i don't know why everyone is on JB's bandwagon this year....i know i'm not. and from what i've heard from some people that have graduated from JB's is "yea i guess there pretty good, but they have played nobody, with the exception of nashville christian, and who knows how good they even are" i know its off subject from here but i think this thing (the state championship is for region 6 to lose. and by region 6 i mean Wayne County, and Perry County. although Wayne County lost to Perry County i still think WC is better. but the plus side is, they don't have to play for a long time (assuming they both get there) and when they do we'll find out once and for all whose really better, especially when it matters, in the playoffs.

realistically, i don't know why everyone is on JB's bandwagon this year....i know i'm not. and from what i've heard from some people that have graduated from JB's is "yea i guess there pretty good, but they have played nobody, with the exception of nashville christian, and who knows how good they even are" i know its off subject from here but i think this thing (the state championship is for region 6 to lose. and by region 6 i mean Wayne County, and Perry County. although Wayne County lost to Perry County i still think WC is better. but the plus side is, they don't have to play for a long time (assuming they both get there) and when they do we'll find out once and for all whose really better, especially when it matters, in the playoffs.

Yeah.... This thread will be one to watch tomorrow

Yeah.... This thread will be one to watch tomorrow

Doesn't bother my at all.The Devils will have to take care of business one game at a time.People can think what they want about our schedule,but Cascade,Clarksville.Academy,and Nashville Christian are good.The QB for NCS is the 2nd best QB that I've seen counting this year and last year.The Tucker kid is better,but this team has lots of weapons.It's well coached so you better come to ball against this team because the make few mistakes,and they are the real deal.

Edited by RedDevil88

Doesn't bother my at all.The Devils will have to take care of business one game at a time.People can think what they want about our schedule,but Cascade,Clarksvile.Academy,and Nashville Christian are are good.The QB for NCS is the 2nd best QB and I;ve seen counting this year and last year.The tucker kid is better,but this team lots of weapons.Is well coached so you better come to ball against this team because the make few mistakes.,and they are the real deal.

:(.... I was expecting more fire from you

I hope NCS gets to play JB again. I was just looking at some of the stats and it's hard not to get on the JB bandwagon as they have an overall record of 70-7 since 2005 and went 58 and 2 during the regular season over that time. If it wasn't for the one point loss to Cascade in 2008 (Cascade 15 JB 14) they would have 3 straight years of going undefeated during the regular season. Check out there complete history. That's impressive no matter who you play.

Anyway back to the topic of Columbia Academy @ Nashville Christian. We will have it up on iHigh so check out http://nashvillechristiansports.com for more game info and watch it live.

Edited by youthsportsPIX