MTP @ Mckenzie

Butchie

Mtp by 35+

Ya'll are smoking crack, "MAYBE" against our jr high. You might can say that about the teams that you play in reg season but your comming to a program that is known for being physical and fast.We done it once we can win again, prolly more so than last time. This game will be in the REBEL favor the whole game. I won't give a prediction but the REBELS are gonna lay the smack down friday night. :twisted:

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bologna. They were all born with brains. They know they will be playing a decisively better team all the way around. As for the game, I thought it was more like a scrum in rugby at times with MP on defense. There weren't many organized cheers. Not every fan likes to yell incoherently. McKenzie fans almost wet their pants the last time MP came to town. McKenzie is lucky MD cramped up or MP would been in the title game(and would've played SP better on the turf(daily on turf in 07?). McKenzie hung on by a thread. MP lacks maturity at some skill positions. If they don't turn the ball over, it could be very interesting. They must get to the QB on defense. This MP team is very similar to that team in 07 in terms of potential on Offense and Defense, except they have 3 explosive backs and a passing game. I believe the defense is considerably better than 3 years ago. MP has the material to pull off the upset with some a good prep. week, luck, and good karma. It is uphill though. It will take maturity and real grit(especially from the hogs). MP must avoid turnovers and Princeton will need to exhibit smooth mechanics and ball security. The offense may have to eat some bad plays, but limit turnovers and punt the ball. Good luck to the tigers and coach Smith! McKenzie is good, but don't be intimidated. Do not get down, give up, or let up until the final whistle. Play with controlled passion, a brassy confidence. Never be cocky, but always be confident. Give them your best shot!

Like I said your talking about one or two players making spectacular plays or carrying the team on their backs. McKenzie does not have just one or two star athletes but 11 on O and D. Our team comes as a whole and never quits till the end, no matter what the score is. McKenzie is a solid team that has a state ring waiting on them and the way they have been playing this year it is more possible than '07. Good luck to both teams but McKenzie will prevail in this game. These boys have big hearts and know how to lay a hit so wear your big boy pants and lets play some good ball friday night.

Bologna. They were all born with brains. They know they will be playing a decisively better team all the way around. As for the game, I thought it was more like a scrum in rugby at times with MP on defense. There weren't many organized cheers. Not every fan likes to yell incoherently. McKenzie fans almost wet their pants the last time MP came to town. McKenzie is lucky MD cramped up or MP would been in the title game(and would've played SP better on the turf(daily on turf in 07?). McKenzie hung on by a thread. MP lacks maturity at some skill positions. If they don't turn the ball over, it could be very interesting. They must get to the QB on defense. This MP team is very similar to that team in 07 in terms of potential on Offense and Defense, except they have 3 explosive backs and a passing game. I believe the defense is considerably better than 3 years ago. MP has the material to pull off the upset with some a good prep. week, luck, and good karma. It is uphill though. It will take maturity and real grit(especially from the hogs). MP must avoid turnovers and Princeton will need to exhibit smooth mechanics and ball security. The offense may have to eat some bad plays, but limit turnovers and punt the ball. Good luck to the tigers and coach Smith! McKenzie is good, but don't be intimidated. Do not get down, give up, or let up until the final whistle. Play with controlled passion, a brassy confidence. Never be cocky, but always be confident. Give them your best shot!

WHAT, I'm a little lost on this :unsure:

About the only thing I understood was the better all way round thing. We are defiantely better than what you played Friday night. I don't want to talk bad about WHH, but that was not a very good team I saw. Maybe it was a down night I don't know but it was bad. About the only thing I enjoyed Friday night was the cannon and the ladies in the conncession stand.

You bring up the 07 game and say you think this years team is better. From what I saw, you couldn't hold a stick to that team and luck had nothing to do with the outcome, IMO.

I will promise you this, you WILL NOT see a more physical team than the Rebels next week. Physicality alone will be a huge factor. Can MTP withstand the pounding, I don't think so. Special teams will impact this as well. You give us the ball around mid field like you did WH on special teams, thats gonna kill ya big time. Put 8 in the box on us and we will eat you up passing, play soft and we will pound the rock. Pick your poison if you may.

What I saw of MTP looked good, but when you play a team like that has little to no backfield on defence yeah your gonna look good. All I have got to say is MTP better enjoy whoopin on the little teams cause your comming to BIG BOY football now and we will hit ya. If I were ya'll I'd just go ahead and throw the white towle in cause its gonna be a long ride home with those tiger tails tucked between your legs. :roflol:

You're right. It is gonna be a big step up for them. However in reality, they should have only lost one game this year and that was Perry Co.(pass D exploited) Even then, Harlan had been out for a week(Cascade), so it threw the offensive rhythm off.they might could have scored 50 with PC. Some people said PC was just plain better. i don't think so. They were clearly a more talented team than Wayne Co.(retort all you want WC fans) Those turnovers just killed them and special teams. They practically handed the game to Wayne Co. and WC was good enough to take it with some big plays. This team has real potential though. It will be interesting to see how that O-line and the sophomore QB hold up to the pressure(the noise,hoopula). We'll see if he can take a vicious hit and pop back up and keep running the offense. Does Princeton have the mental toughness?the poise? We'll see if MP wants to take it to another level in terms of poise. I think if you rolled him out and gave him run pass option more that would keep The McKenzie D on their heels. I'm not sure if the mcKenzie coaches will blitz from all angles or not. Try to rattle the QB. Marco was more seasoned than Harlan, and he ran anyway(single wing old school), which was pretty genius on the part of coach Smith. I'm sure coach Smith will feel the game out and adapt. MP has many weapons that could hurt Mckenzie. Webster could hurt them running or recieving. He is probably the most shifty. Houston is too, but Webster(soph.) can find seams like daily. He has that frenetic lateral movement. They have plenty of recievers who can run. English? that LB looked pretty good. Ronald is a beast on that D-line. Talk about BIG-BOY. McKenzie might double him and somebody else needs to step up. Unless he shreds it! then you wasted 2 blockers! I wonder will it be another 42-14 whipping though like Jackson Christian or a great game 35-32 like the last time in McKenzie. MP might need another year to mature. They lose some beef(o-linemen) though from what I heard on the radio. The offense is on the brink. The defense is not far off either. The LBs and ends just need to play a little better. The DEs need to stay at home and more aggressively read the play on the run D. Fight off the blocker if its run and rush if its pass. The Lbs the same thing. Read the play, spy the QB(especially if he runs), Attack the blockers, shed them, and make the play. The DEs are talented but must play harder. If you can't get to the runner in the gap, knock the blocker into the runner and mess up the play. I did it all the time. The DTs are playing good. That D needs a QB. Someone who studies film extensively this week. The pass defense has been the big weakness, but the rush could make up for it. If the execution/mechanics were a little better with the play calling, the offense could be fine-tuned machine. Its not that far off. The short passing game was sloppy. Need some good slants, shield that DB, if they crowd, make it a Z. Coach Smith will be a chameleon this week. He knows MP can win this game with the right chemistry. He knows it!

WHAT, I'm a little lost on this :unsure:

About the only thing I understood was the better all way round thing. We are defiantely better than what you played Friday night. I don't want to talk bad about WHH, but that was not a very good team I saw. Maybe it was a down night I don't know but it was bad. About the only thing I enjoyed Friday night was the cannon and the ladies in the conncession stand.

You bring up the 07 game and say you think this years team is better. From what I saw, you couldn't hold a stick to that team and luck had nothing to do with the outcome, IMO.

I will promise you this, you WILL NOT see a more physical team than the Rebels next week. Physicality alone will be a huge factor. Can MTP withstand the pounding, I don't think so. Special teams will impact this as well. You give us the ball around mid field like you did WH on special teams, thats gonna kill ya big time. Put 8 in the box on us and we will eat you up passing, play soft and we will pound the rock. Pick your poison if you may.

That's the question. Can the MP lineman step it up? Their legs should be toast by the end of game if they give the right kind of effort. I remember one game where I had 15 tackles in a 6-5. I was cramping,stetching calfs between plays, every play in the rain. It was beautiful man. I gave everything I had. Everything! I had nothing left to give and we lost in overtime on fourth down on the 1 yard line. They ran to other side. Our D-end was athletic as they come and strong as an ox 6-2 210lbs with a 40 inch vertical, but raw, inexperienced. He shot down inside like a pass rush and the back popped it outside. That was for the playoffs.

Edited by wuzMP63

You're right. It is gonna be a big step up for them. However in reality, they should have only lost one game this year and that was Perry Co.(pass D exploited) Even then, Harlan had been out for a week(Cascade), so it threw the offensive rhythm off.they might could have scored 50 with PC. Some people said PC was just plain better. i don't think so. They were clearly a more talented team than Wayne Co.(retort all you want WC fans) Those turnovers just killed them and special teams. They practically handed the game to Wayne Co. and WC was good enough to take it with some big plays. This team has real potential though. It will be interesting to see how that O-line and the sophomore QB hold up to the pressure(the noise,hoopula). We'll see if he can take a vicious hit and pop back up and keep running the offense. Does Princeton have the mental toughness?the poise? We'll see if MP wants to take it to another level in terms of poise. I think if you rolled him out and gave him run pass option more that would keep The McKenzie D on their heels. I'm not sure if the mcKenzie coaches will blitz from all angles or not. Try to rattle the QB. Marco was more seasoned than Harlan, and he ran anyway(single wing old school), which was pretty genius on the part of coach Smith. I'm sure coach Smith will feel the game out and adapt. MP has many weapons that could hurt Mckenzie. Webster could hurt them running or recieving. He is probably the most shifty. Houston is too, but Webster(soph.) can find seams like daily. He has that frenetic lateral movement. They have plenty of recievers who can run. English? that LB looked pretty good. Ronald is a beast on that D-line. Talk about BIG-BOY. McKenzie might double him and somebody else needs to step up. Unless he shreds it! then you wasted 2 blockers! I wonder will it be another 42-14 whipping though like Jackson Christian or a great game 35-32 like the last time in McKenzie. MP might need another year to mature. They lose some beef(o-linemen) though from what I heard on the radio. The offense is on the brink. The defense is not far off either. The LBs and ends just need to play a little better. The DEs need to stay at home and more aggressively read the play on the run D. Fight off the blocker if its run and rush if its pass. The Lbs the same thing. Read the play, spy the QB(especially if he runs), Attack the blockers, shed them, and make the play. The DEs are talented but must play harder. If you can't get to the runner in the gap, knock the blocker into the runner and mess up the play. I did it all the time. The DTs are playing good. That D needs a QB. Someone who studies film extensively this week. The pass defense has been the big weakness, but the rush could make up for it. If the execution/mechanics were a little better with the play calling, the offense could be fine-tuned machine. Its not that far off. The short passing game was sloppy. Need some good slants, shield that DB, if they crowd, make it a Z. Coach Smith will be a chameleon this week. He knows MP can win this game with the right chemistry. He knows it!

There sure are alot of what ifs in this. I have to base my opinion on the only game I have seen of MTP and that was last week. I saw a few things I was impressed with but nothing I don't think we can handle. I don't know, maybe it's just me. I can tell you now, we will not be double teaming any lineman Friday night. You have some descent guys up front, but we have faced much better and bigger this year and we didn't double team them. Both our O and D line are seasoned and are as good as they come. 4 or the 5 are 3 year starters so nothing you bring will be something they haven't seen. If the secondary is the weak spot then they better sure it up this week because we will throw the ball all night if it is there.

That's the question. Can the MP lineman step it up? Their legs should be toast by the end of game if they give the right kind of effort. I remember one game where I had 15 tackles in a 6-5. I was cramping,stetching calfs between plays, every play in the rain. It was beautiful man. I gave everything I had. Everything! I had nothing left to give and we lost in overtime on fourth down on the 1 yard line. They ran to other side. Our D-end was athletic as they come and strong as an ox 6-2 210lbs with a 40 inch vertical, but raw, inexperienced. He shot down inside like a pass rush and the back popped it outside. That was for the playoffs.

What year did you graduate?

What year did you graduate?

8 and a half years ago. I couldn't figure our team out. It was an anomaly. We beat a Wayne County team on homecoming 36-0, they were 4-0 at the time. TSSAA has got the score wrong in the history books 29-0. That same Wayne county team (7-3) lost 14-7 to CPA (the eventual state champs) in the first round of the playoffs. We had freaks on that team. Fitzgerald(DE mentioned earlier), Tycazk (possesses unnatural type of strength playing UT chatt now at now at 24 after his military service. Freakish athletes. It was so weird that we went 3-1 were up on a Cascade team 8-0 at halftime,then lost 22-8, the picked up shelbyville back that rushed for 318 yards against a good CA team, but he barely got 100 on us. He had nothing at halftime, but defense wore down because our offense was dysfunctional. We didn't have the right people on the line. Then 4-2 after the Wayne county game. Sowell was game breaker speedster and two bruising 210, 200lbs tailback montez whitherspoon and ellis daily (played for lewis County later). You guys beat that lewis county team barely at the end of game in 04, 13-7 was the score. That QB threw a touchdown at the last minute. You guys had a great QB Hayes! That was his name. My cousin Jimbo Dobson made all state for Lewis County a year later. McKenzie beat lewis county 13-7 that year in the quaterfinals at the last minute.

Ya'll are smoking crack, "MAYBE" against our jr high. You might can say that about the teams that you play in reg season but your comming to a program that is known for being physical and fast.We done it once we can win again, prolly more so than last time. This game will be in the REBEL favor the whole game. I won't give a prediction but the REBELS are gonna lay the smack down friday night. :twisted:

Mtp by 45+