Polk at CAK

polkalumn01

First of all I played ball for 10 years, and secondly I haven't missed a Polk game I could attend this year mind it except the Alcoa McMinn Central game or the South Pitt Signal Game. I also only missed one game last year, and it happened to be our first loss. SO, I do happen to know a bit about this Polk team, and to all the posters that said I havent seen Alcoa play wrong. I have seen them play several times. Mind it this year I witnessed a beat down, but nevertheless we beat down the same team. I honestly am not worried about Alcoa right now, CAK is the team to worry about right now. I wonder however, why there are so dang many Alcoa posters this week in our thread. Ummmm if I recall they play a team that could very well beat them this week maybe they should jump on over to the appropriate thread. Sorry about my confidence, and sorry I am only 20 you old men need to get over yourselves. Its a shame that even the Polk fans do not back me up 90% of the time, but what is funny that like you guys, I have called 95% of Polk's games right the last few years. Mind it if we advance my posts may be a little bit more... humble next week, but I honestly think we can take a team that lost to Alcoa by 17 points any day of the week. Alcoa is maybe a touchdown better than us. I, however see them as our equal in ability, but that is just me.

And to the guy that is posting the picture of pain, and agony. Please show me CAK's smash mouth players. I will get to how we can beat Alcoa next week.

THE EAGLE HAS LANDED

Would love to hear your reasoning behind this. The way you put it Polk and Alcoa are "equals" so with Alcoa being CAK by 17 then Polk should win by 2 TDs or more correct? Then care to explain to me how/why Polk Co beat McMinn Central by 30 points and Alcoa beat them by 50....IN THE FIRST HALF?

I dont mean ill will towards any other fans or teams but North East Tennessee and South East Tennessee really get me giggling. They run rough shod over their lil area and think they're the big boys. A)You've yet to win or compete for a State Championship and B)You've yet to compete with a team the caliber of Blount County/Knox area teams. You're taking the right road but dont bite off more then you can chew.

AGAIN, How many does Polk dress and how many go both ways? Same for CAK. Has stamina been an issue for either?

Ealgefort you are an idiot too and I don't even keep up with 3A.

CAK is a card toten, flag waving member of the "I love the platoon system" club. :D I've slowly come closer to that way of thinking over the years by seeing our boys fresher in the 2nd half than mostteams we play. But with only 50 something players its hard to have your best players on the field on both sides of the ball with this system. This year the coaches have seemed slightly more willing to allow the defense to "borrow" a player or two from time to time, but in general, at CAK you either play Offense or Defense, but not both. We have 1 lineman that will start on both sides, and a couple of backs and receivers that could see limited action on both sides. Fatique really should not be a factor for the Warriors.

Would love to hear your reasoning behind this. The way you put it Polk and Alcoa are "equals" so with Alcoa being CAK by 17 then Polk should win by 2 TDs or more correct? Then care to explain to me how/why Polk Co beat McMinn Central by 30 points and Alcoa beat them by 50....IN THE FIRST HALF?

I dont mean ill will towards any other fans or teams but North East Tennessee and South East Tennessee really get me giggling. They run rough shod over their lil area and think they're the big boys. A)You've yet to win or compete for a State Championship and B)You've yet to compete with a team the caliber of Blount County/Knox area teams. You're taking the right road but dont bite off more then you can chew.

OK, not that it means much of anything, but since you asked,,,The Polk vs McMinn Central game was 29-0 after Polk had run 5 offensive plays...with about 6 minutes left in the first quarter. Thats 4 TD's,,,5 offensive plays!!!The starters were out about halfway through the 2nd quarter.

And if you want to compare CAK common opponents, Polk VS Sequoyah was 21-0 about halfway through the first quarter. Here are a couple of the stats from the Sequoyah game....

First Downs - Seq. 3 Polk 21, Total Yards - Sequoyah 49 Polk 494

Edited by Charlie Murphy

Please ignore this quitter. He tried to play football for a couple years at Polk Co. but was not tough enough to hang with it. He always went on vacation when the hitting started in the fall and would miss Tuesday and Wednesday practices during the season because those were the two rough days during the week. The Eagle needs to land at Sherwin Williams, I think his dad needs some more paint and he can pick up a pack of Marlboro's for himself while he is out. Believe me the Polk players and coaches respect CAK and know that this is going to be a tough and hard fought game. Most Polk fans are respectful, you will see this Friday night. This guy is an idiot and just stirring the pot.

:thumb: Tell everyone how you REALLY feel!!

I think that just put everything I needed to know in a nutshell.

AGAIN, How many does Polk dress and how many go both ways? Same for CAK. Has stamina been an issue for either?

Ealgefort you are an idiot too and I don't even keep up with 3A.

Polk has 2 players that have played all year on both sides. That is #12 Jared Allen and #38 Michael Hargrove. These guys have the stamina to play all night. Also, polk will use #24 Akins and #22 Lee om both sides if needed. Polk dresses about 50 - 60 playerse. That does include JV and freshman. GO POLK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Extremely tough game for the 'Cats!!! As stated earlier, I think most of the Polk fans respect CAK and their program, and I can see this game being a dandy given a couple of conditions. CAK is an excellent passing team and can put up a ton of points, Polk's defense will be challenged in this one, however, Polk's best defense may be their offense. I think that if Polk can put together some long, sustained scoring drives, and take some time off the clock they may have a shot. If they try to outscore CAK they will be in trouble. Not taking anything away from Polk's defense (I think they are great) just giving credit to CAK's offense.