Polk at CAK

polkalumn01

Everybody needs to relax - it's over. The way I see it, Coach Davis has the winning formula, it's just that some things are beyond anyone's control (and I'm not going into that, it's done).

Last night's game was just about the best ever for us - due to circumstances beyond my control I didn't make it up there. Ended up on the porch with the wife listening to the game on the radio, very crappy radio up here in Reliance. For all the satellites and electronic this and that we have up here, streaming was beyond hope...

Felt like being in the 50's, except with laptops that were in mortal danger of being flung on the ground. No second-hand officiating, just excited announcers on the radio that had us rolling at times, hearts in our throats at others - Can't believe how good it was.

I recommend it for a change of pace. Less stress.

Polk County will survive this and be back next year - of that I have no doubt.

Go Polk!

:thumb:

Game Stats from Knoxville News Sentinel

First Downs

PC 11

CAK 25

Rushing

PC 35 for 102

CAK 21 for 71

Passing

PC 6-11 with 0 int

CAK 35-45 with 3 int

passing yards

PC 103

CAK 378

Total offense

PC 204

CAK 449

Fumbles

PC 0

CAK 0

Penalties

PC 3 for 24yds

CAK 6 for 61yds

Receiving

CAK #25 Josh Smith(soph) 8 catches, 135 yds; CAK #27 Zach Mead(SR) 10 catches, 115 yds. Sorry, the Knox paper doesn't give any individual stats for any other PC or CAK players.

someone else posted using my username. i apologize if they said anything to offend anyone. Polk was a real good team. The 3 picks killed us, but it looked like only one was Epperly's fault. One got taken away from a cak reciever (great play by the Polk kid) and the other one on the goal line was honestly lucky. Polk defender was chasing Epperly in case he scrambled, Epperly never saw him, ball hit the Polk defender in the chest. In any case i thought the "unsportsman-like" behavior from both sides is just apart of the world we live in. People are jerks sometimes. deal with it. Seems to me like a 40+ year old coach should have more common sense than to cheer when a 15 year old kid is on the ground in pain and his parents and friends are a few feet away from you. what a moron. The Polk gameplan was to hurt CAK's offensive players. They did it, and STILL lost the game. Epperly threw 3 picks, and they STILL lost the game.

oh and you can can it about the refs costing you the game. POLK = 4 penalties, 42 yards. CAK = 6 penalties, 57 yards. <_<

I was at the game and listening to 96.3. I know CAK has no control over the radio announcers but let me say they were absolutely horrendous and a embarrassment to a christian radio station. The announcers continuously called Polk "Loudon", "Loudon Wildcats", "Polk Loudon County" while laughing and before the game commenting that our mascot looked like a "rabid squirrel". They also continuously said Polk players were taking cheap shots on CAK players mainly my nephew #12 and he was trying to hurt someone and that a lot of hits should be flagged for helmet to helmet this went on all night. The worst was at the end of the game when the official called timeout because a chin strap had come off and was on the field the announcer said when asked by the other what was on the field his comment was "Its a shank that one of the Polk players has been hiding in his pants all night". Again I know CAK has no control over this but it was very classless IMO!

As for officiating all I will say is even the CAK PA announcer made a comment in the booth about how bad the officiating crew was and how bad they were at spotting the ball. A comment from a fan "it looks like Polk is playing with first and eleven and CAK is playing first and nine on every possession. BTW I'm not saying this is why Polk lost but just commenting on how bad the crew really was for those that didn't make it.

I was very impressed with CAK's offense great receivers and O-line, they protected the QB great even though they could have been some missed holding calls.

As for Polk I will say great game on both sides of the ball and what a great ride it has been with this group of young men. I'm proud of all of you for your hard work and dedication to Polk football.

OK football's over let's go take some BP and Fungo's its time for some Baseball!!!

I was at the game and listening to 96.3. I know CAK has no control over the radio announcers but let me say they were absolutely horrendous and a embarrassment to a christian radio station. The announcers continuously called Polk "Loudon", "Loudon Wildcats", "Polk Loudon County" while laughing and before the game commenting that our mascot looked like a "rabid squirrel". They also continuously said Polk players were taking cheap shots on CAK players mainly my nephew #12 and he was trying to hurt someone and that a lot of hits should be flagged for helmet to helmet this went on all night. The worst was at the end of the game when the official called timeout because a chin strap had come off and was on the field the announcer said when asked by the other what was on the field his comment was "Its a shank that one of the Polk players has been hiding in his pants all night". Again I know CAK has no control over this but it was very classless IMO!

As for officiating all I will say is even the CAK PA announcer made a comment in the booth about how bad the officiating crew was and how bad they were at spotting the ball. A comment from a fan "it looks like Polk is playing with first and eleven and CAK is playing first and nine on every possession. BTW I'm not saying this is why Polk lost but just commenting on how bad the crew really was for those that didn't make it.

I was very impressed with CAK's offense great receivers and O-line, they protected the QB great even though they could have been some missed holding calls.

As for Polk I will say great game on both sides of the ball and what a great ride it has been with this group of young men. I'm proud of all of you for your hard work and dedication to Polk football.

OK football's over let's go take some BP and Fungo's its time for some Baseball!!!

that's because he was. i am best friends with someone who spoke to him after the game, and i was told that they said that Polk's game plan was to hit our qb and wr as hard as possible to try and hurt em. sorry about the announcers, im sure they were just trying to be funny. if you woulda won, im sure you wouldnt be whining about the bad jokes of our radio announcers.

Let me start by saying congrats to Polk for a great season 10 wins on any level is great espically from my end in Meigs County it would be awesome, now on to the nonsense on this board, what is it about Hwy 411 from Polk Co up thru Englewood do the fans from Polk and Central get together and write down who has crapped on them from fans to refs, alot of posts on here talk about how the refs called the game well people it was called bad on both sides from what I hear but like I said in an earlier post Polk was not playing Meigs or Sweetwater they were playing the number 2 team in the state a team who was not going to be intimated by the Wildcats because of their physical play. Polk played very well as well they should they were ranked in the top 5 of the rankings but face it even if you would have won last night Alcoa would have made you guys look like a little league team from the SETAC league I mean no disrespect but facts are facts instead of some Polk fans enjoying their season you have a few on this thread talking about how we got hosed, you all took the Warriors to the limits last night be proud of all you have done, speaking as someone who has lost to you all 4 years in a row I would have loved for our Tigers to have been in your shoes last night. It's time to quit blaming everybody else for what went down last night the refs DID NOT BEAT YOU CAK DID with a last second drive say what you will the refs called a touchdown and from what I hear they did the same for Polk on the drive earlier when your qtr backs knee looked to be down, bottom line you got beat by the better team last night, again be proud of what you all did this year because believe me it won't last forever just ask us fans over here in Meigs County

that's because he was. i am best friends with someone who spoke to him after the game, and i was told that they said that Polk's game plan was to hit our qb and wr as hard as possible to try and hurt em. sorry about the announcers, im sure they were just trying to be funny. if you woulda won, im sure you wouldnt be whining about the bad jokes of our radio announcers.

I found no humor in it even when we were up and wouldn't have even if we had won. Your best friend is shall I say a liar! Isn't all good defensive schemes on a offense like CAK's is to get to the QB and not give him time to pick you apart? Funny that you people are the only ones who have said this about Polk and my nephew all year...I guess we have different views of how football is to be played. Maybe we should have put flags on your receivers and a yellow jersey on your QB! All I saw from Polk was kids playing their heart out and giving 110% on every play.

I found no humor in it even when we were up and wouldn't have even if we had won. Your best friend is shall I say a liar! Isn't all good defensive schemes on a offense like CAK's is to get to the QB and not give him time to pick you apart? Funny that you people are the only ones who have said this about Polk and my nephew all year...I guess we have different views of how football is to be played. Maybe we should have put flags on your receivers and a yellow jersey on your QB! All I saw from Polk was kids playing their heart out and giving 110% on every play.

yes, Polk did play thier hearts out, as did CAK's. MULTIPLE guys playing with injuries. and yes of course a good defensive scheme is to get after the quarterback. but the gameplan was to HURT our players. because you knew you couldnt beat our starters. hats off to the effort and drive that the polk players played with. just wish there was less animosity between the "rich" people and the "country" people. its just dumb. good luck to yall next year. maybe we'll see you again. Hey Dad, are we still lookin for a nondistrict game... :huh:

as long as you dont try and hurt us and just play football ( which does involve people getting hurt, but not the malicious act of trying to injure someone) im sure we'd love to play yall again. It was a great game!

Polk doesn't deserve respect, no one deserves it "just 'cause'-you earn it. And they are worth of respect for their game plan, their toughness, and excellent tackling. Had better speed than we thought.

Coach on top of press box shouldn't be allowed near a HS field--totally classless and bush league-just punkish behavior.

Polk was second best team we played after Alcoa. Most of us thought this would be a one TD game and it was. Just glad it went our way.

very classy of CAK. i mean i have always learned in church that he who is without sin throw the first stone. Very christian attitude to call out a coach on the press box. I have known the ones up there for a long time and there is no way that they would have wanted a kid to get hurt. They were probably just frustraited becasue every other play a CAK player was hurt. Hope you boys toughen up be fore next week.

WELL WHEN UR RAISED IN A SMALL TOWN YOU REALLY DONT HAVE ALOT OF OTHER STUFF TO GET EXCITED ABOUT... ITS ALMOST LIKE U SEE IN THE TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL MOVIES.. WE ALMOST SHUT THE WHOLE TOWN BY SIX ON FRIDAYS CAUSE WE ALL MAKE THE GAME.. ITS SOMETHING U STILL LOVE TO DO EVEN YRS AFTER U GRADUATE.. WE ARE JUS VERY PASSIONATE ABOUT IT.. WOULD LOVE TO SEE A HOME AND HOME REG SEASON DEAL WORKED.. U WOULD PROB BE VERY SURPRISED AT THE ATMOSPHERE... HOPE THE HURT KID GETS HEALED UP AND ITS NOT SERIOUS...

Polk must have some very loyal fans seeing as how 2 years ago they were an .500 football team all time.

but the gameplan was to HURT our players. because you knew you couldnt beat our starters.

as long as you dont try and hurt us and just play football ( which does involve people getting hurt, but not the malicious act of trying to injure someone) im sure we'd love to play yall again. It was a great game!

1. BS! If that was the intention, the qb would have been gone in the first quarter. Taking a 15 yard personal foul on a Bubba Play is nothing if that's your plan on winning games. Polk plays old-style football, CAK plays something else.

2. YOUR qb was hanging your receivers out to dry all night. Throwing high like he did caused your receivers to get fully extended for a catch - and our guys were there to hit them when they did. Ya'll did not expect Polk to be so quick to the ball and your receivers paid for it. No more, no less.

Ok. Done until next season. Ya'll have a good time.

im sure the cak fans can tell u we are pretty good as well... we hung in there play for play score for score and they won it with 39 seconds to go... but u alcoa fans said they would kill us we couldn hold them below 30 ... they would beat us bad.. but we played much much better.. no we couldn outscore them cause the talent level has a big gap.. but we hels them to 28.. wats that say about our d compared to urs?....

If you've ever watched Alcoa play in the past 5 years (Which from comments earlier in this thread I can tell nobody has) you know you can pass on Alcoas secondary all day long. Ive preached it in the stands since Lanxter and Sommers were our DBs. That was the last time a team couldnt pass on us. HOWEVER, you wont line up in jumbosets or I formations and just plow Alcoa over. You can try that all you want but you will lose and lose bad. While Polk may have kept them to 5 points less then Alcoa, Polk only scored 20 against CAK. Alcoa rang up 51 points against the 2nd best team in 3a. You dont always have to keep the other team out of the endzone if you have enough weapons to out score them. :thumb: