Polk at CAK

polkalumn01

Well, hopefully most of the bickering has stopped, both of these teams deserve much more respect than this board has allowed them. I've been around Polk Co. football for years, even when Polk had bad years, you knew you had played them. They have, and always will be physical, and I can promise you none of them were intentionally trying to hurt anyone. Hat's off to this group of seniors, they have been something special - really hate to see them go.

As for CAK, I can't say enough good things about their program, #2 is an great QB, but I will say this, the O-line, and #16 #25 and #27 made him awesome last night - he had all day to throw and the receivers caught everything thrown to them. Everyone one of them went out with an injury, and everyone of them came back in, so I can't question their toughness. The defense was impressive, we had success running on the left side in the first half, they made the adjustments and stopped it in the second half.

As for the game, I saw two really good teams trading blows back and forth all night, neither team quit, and when it came down to the end it was all about one play - 4th and 1 - Polk stops 'em they win, CAK scores they win, don't think you can ask for a better ending. We just came up about 2 ft short.

As far as Alcoa - I don't think too many of us Polk fans think that we can line up and beat Alcoa, but much like the CAK game (yes, we wanted to play CAK), our competitive spirit wants to give it a shot. It's not going to happen this year, but I think Polk gave it a heck of a shot.

Nice

No one on here buys anything you say. We all note that your CoachT account is nearly brand new. One has to wonder just who you really are. An Alcoa hater hiding behind the key board with intent of doing damage to Alcoa as a supposed "fan"? It is intresting to note that if you really are such a long time Alcoa fan, why did you just show up on here in the last month? Come clean hater!

That's a pretty stupid comment. Your account is just as old as mine. Of course Im sure you just discovered this place yourself huh?. Where did you come from? I guess you were born and raised in Alcoa huh? Have you been to more Alcoa games then you can count or have you just been to most of the games in the past 6 years. Maybe I should let you borrow my VHS tape of Alcoa destroying a Webb team led by Chad Pennington. Did you know Alcoa handled a future NFL QB very we?? Of course you did, you're a real Alcoa fan. Did you sit in the stands and watch Mike Tyson kill quarterbacks....You do know who mike tyson is right? I mean you are an Alcoa fan. Maybe you saw Carlos Mahone point to a Chuckey Doak defender and then proceed to leave a 44 stamped on him as Mahone trucked him. Can you walk by someone like Cory Conner, Peanut, George Parker, Rusty Chambers, Kevin Jackson, Michael George, Shannon Mitchell, Little Al, Billy Williams and know who they are? I guess you can pass Ronnie Phelps, Jim Dalton, Phillip Ironside, Scott Meadows, Paul Talley, Jason Adams, Coach Webb or Coach Duncan in a grocery store or out anywhere in public and they know exactly who you are. I mean they all know me, surely they know you right? So until you come up with something a little more clever or worth mine time, how bout making me a sandwich? Im getting hungry! :hungry:

Edited by GoddardField

Man, you Alcoa fans are tough. The guy has one tiny critique of the Alcoa defense (pass coverage) and you guys are practically ready to string him up! What's up with that? Do you have to believe Alcoa is literally perfect with no room for critique or improvement to be an Alcoa fan? Lighten up!

Do note that quite a few Alcoa fans (Not all, I truly believe people like APB, BCsports fan and Alcoa72 have been around the program for awhile) that are on here couldnt tell you who half of the players I mentioned above are. Which is a shame because they're some of the best players to come through the program NOT in the past 6 years.

Do note that quite a few Alcoa fans (Not all, I truly believe people like APB, BCsports fan and Alcoa72 have been around the program for awhile) that are on here couldnt tell you who half of the players I mentioned above are. Which is a shame because they're some of the best players to come through the program NOT in the past 6 years.

Don't forget me! I have been a part of AHS football since the early 80's. Been following since the mid 70's! Been through some very tough years, but have always backed the Tornadoes, win or lose !!!! :thumb:

A couple of observations about the post game CoachT posts:

I don't believe your players were instructed to hurt CAK players. However, the reason SOME of the CAK fans may feel that way was your coach on the press box. There were about 50 - 75 fans that were either directly under him or to his left and under him that heard his response when #25 was laid out on the ground. He yelled, "He's down!!! He's down!!!" The excitement in his comment was like a he was watching a boxing match and his fighter had just knocked the opponent down. One of the CAK dads yelled up to him, "that's real nice COACH!" and his response was, "Thank you." The CAK dad responded, "that's one of our boys down on the ground."

Now, I know an assistant coach doesn't represent the view of the Polk fans or the Polk players. I also know if most of the Polk fans from this board had been there to hear it, they would have been embarrassed. My opinion is that the coach had no idea how much his voice was carrying below him. But he was genuinely excited that one of our play makers was down on the ground. There are a lot of very nice and classy football fans from Polk. I met some of them including Mr. Hargrove before the game. But this coach is not one of them. He has no business being sent to the visiting side; he does not represent your program very well.

Secondly, let's put things in perspective. Yes! Polk came within an eyelash of winning that game. Hat's off to them! But look at the stats from the game. CAK dominated the game, 450 yards to 205 yards. 22 CAK first downs compared to 9 for Polk. The Polk running attack was held to under 3 yards per carry. That game was the scenario where the underdog had every chance to win. Coupled with good play from Polk, CAK was off just enough to keep the score very close but did enough to win in the end.

I didn't see any cheap shots or unsportsmanlike plays from Polk players. There was nothing wrong with the way they hit the receivers, that is football. Even the unsportsmanlike call in the end zone was no major deal. I would have been fine if it hadn't been called as well. I also don't think you have any fans from CAK that think Polk was too physical. Polk was hard hitting, but certainly no more hard hitting than Alcoa, and perhaps Loudon. No need for flag football, you gave some licks but you also got some licks.

The officials IMO made a point to let the teams play and not throw a flag on every play. The officials did the same thing a couple of weeks ago at the CAK / Alcoa game. This helps and hurts BOTH teams. Plenty of opportunities to call holding on CAK and plenty of holding calls could have been made on Polk. Assuming that they would have been even handed, had they been more proactive, it would have hurt Polk as much as it would have hurt CAK.

Once again, congratulations to Polk, you represented your program very well and had a special season. I hope we get a chance to play again. I for one would like to see a regular season home and home next year if it's not too late.

:thumb:

great post, you said everything I've been trying to say, just in a more articulate way. :oops:

Again, the reason for my thoughts were second and third hand stories, and the coach in the press box. Congrats Polk on a super season

No one on here buys anything you say. We all note that your CoachT account is nearly brand new. One has to wonder just who you really are. An Alcoa hater hiding behind the key board with intent of doing damage to Alcoa as a supposed "fan"? It is intresting to note that if you really are such a long time Alcoa fan, why did you just show up on here in the last month? Come clean hater!

Last time I checked your account says joined a week ago and you have 5 posts......ummmmm BOOM ROASTED

THE EAGLE HAS LANDED

Born and raised in Alcoa (Hall Community)two-way starter on the 77 and 78 championship teams, multiple relatives who where/are Tornadoes/F5'ers, and a few Rebels too :thumb:

Edited by alcoafan72

They are not the accountants...Their husbands are.

And if you let them out of the kitchen they will start doing all KINDS of crazy things......like voting.

Stoopid :roflolk: , but seriously how are the CAK single ladies? I'm in the market for a "First Lady" :thumb: #All the single ladies, all the single ladies... :popcorneater:

Edited by alcoafan72