Bearden @ Dobyns-Bennett

ArtVandalay

There's a perfect match! ..Greeneville and Jeff. Co.. maybe you can discuss hogs, and the price of tobacco stuff like that..No fighting in Greeneville? hahahahaha! you guys even fight at funerals :roflol:

Can't argue with you on that Spear.Greene county has still got some Davy Crockett days left down there.I don't think one or two of these coacht Devil fans came from east Tennessee however.

No problems with anyone that just treats us with a little respect. We only get hostile with the Haters. You are a good guy. Yes we are well aware of who Devrin Young is and what he can do. We played a game against him when he was a freshman starting running back. He was good then and Im sure much better now. Devrin will be the best back we have faced this year and is probably the best back in the state. I have seen the highlite film of him and he is unreal. I don't buy into the story that he is all they have though. If we can hold him to under 200 yards and three scores I think we have a chance to win this game. Our offense is pretty good when we do a good job of blocking but we have trouble when we don't. We're a little banged up and will be going without our best lineman against Bearden. Some guys are going to have to step it up.

I see you really agreed with me on that thing me and that one fan {discussed} for about a month. :thumb: The main thing is for our backups to step up.If Nick can play like he did in the middle,they may shift some guys around on defense and Hunter get some breaks having to go both ways.A lot of people don't know what a great job Holt has done playing out of position this year on both sides of the ball.He and Long will be beast on the ends next year and Nick a year older to boot in the middle.The future is bright but the present is now.Roll Tribe

I see you really agreed with me on that thing me and that one fan {discussed} for about a month. :thumb: The main thing is for our backups to step up.If Nick can play like he did in the middle,they may shift some guys around on defense and Hunter get some breaks having to go both ways.A lot of people don't know what a great job Holt has done playing out of position this year on both sides of the ball.He and Long will be beast on the ends next year and Nick a year older to boot in the middle.The future is bright but the present is now.Roll Tribe

Well, not taking anything away from anybody. It is what it is.

Wow, I go away for a few hours to watch some college football, have some family time and the other thread disappears. Oh well, I guess I made a db mom go off the deep end of the pool. Sorry about that, but it is, what it is. One word for DB: decaf

(And I have a copy of her post. It is so funny to read. LOL )

Anyway, I do not see DB stopping Mr. Young. By the time you get to halftime to make adjustments, it may be too late…

Hold onto that war bonnet tight.

Take away special teams play and the Heritage program help Mister young to 64 total yards, and most coming on a drive late in the fourth quarter.

If that can happen. DB should handle him. (running the ball)

I just recommend not kicking the ball to him. That can kill you, but is very fun to watch i must add.

Good luck to both.

This should give DB a good way to measure how they stand in relation to District 4.

Bearden finished 4th in the district. Almost beat a healthy Farragut team (pass in the end-zone to win the game was batted down)at Farragut. Lost to two teams that can pass and run.

If DB is on the same level with Maryville, they should win by 21. Maryville slowed Young down and did not give him a chance to return a kick-off.

I believe the Tribe can keep him off the field by controlling the clock with their ground attack. You just have to know where he is at all times. He can break a game open.

He doesn't get really busted much because of his illusiveness. I believe if he gets a solid lick or two he becomes a little gun shy and you may get into his head a bit. See if you can make him hear footsteps!

As for Maryville, I just hope we can get lucky and survive a tough improving Farragut team! My the best team win!

This should be a very good game! Too bad its so far away, or i would go watch it. I belive DB has too many great players on this year's team for Bearden to pull off the upset. If DB can slow down or stop Young, DB should win by at least 14 pts. But if DB lets Young rush for 200 yrds or more, Bearden might just pull this one out. Good luck to both teams! Should be a very good game!

What was said to wipe the other thread completly off the boards ? I'm looking forward to this week and hope to see a great game with the Tribe getting to the third round.The monkey of geting beat by a much lower seed is off for this year.We now have a run of only one time in the last four years of that happening.

Yes we are well aware of who Devrin Young is and what he can do. We played a game against him when he was a freshman starting running back. He was good then and Im sure much better now.

I don't remember him as a freshman (although he may well have been on the field), but was at the game at Bearden in '08 when he was a soph. He got his yards, but we slowed him down enough to keep him out of the endzone (mostly) and won the game. He is very quick but the main thing I was impressed by was how "slippery" he seemed. He broke numerous tackles not by running over people but because they just couldn't seem to hang onto him. It looked like the old greased pig contest at the county fair or something. If we pursue too aggressively rather than staying where we're supposed to be, or if our tackling is less than textbook, it could be a long night.

I don't remember him as a freshman (although he may well have been on the field), but was at the game at Bearden in '08 when he was a soph. He got his yards, but we slowed him down enough to keep him out of the endzone (mostly) and won the game. He is very quick but the main thing I was impressed by was how "slippery" he seemed. He broke numerous tackles not by running over people but because they just couldn't seem to hang onto him. It looked like the old greased pig contest at the county fair or something. If we pursue too aggressively rather than staying where we're supposed to be, or if our tackling is less than textbook, it could be a long night.

You are correct, it was his sophmore year.