Bearden @ Dobyns-Bennett

ArtVandalay

My only comment is this...

A. We have (my opinion) the best Defensive Coordinator in the State, he will not allow 1 player to beat us. If Devrin Young beats us it will be a lack of execution by the players, not because they weren't coached well.

RTR!

I worry about him on special teams as well.We thought we could kick to him then,and until he burns us,we probably will think the same this year.Sometimes execution is tough on a runner like him.That first drive by JC was a little disapointing and they don't have near the team Bearden has.I think a good shot by our Dog back on the Bulldog might slow him down,I hope anyway.

I saw Jeff play at Bearden and Jeff at DB.Bearden did whatever they wanted against JC..DY ran till he and the other starters were sat on the bench around halftime...JC was at their mercy(sorry to say).DY is the REAL DEAL,Much better than last year{and he was good then).DB scored(from short yardage) on three miscues on the Jeff Offence and special teams .DB then marched down the field{on offence) and scored once.I am NOT saying DB didnt win or dominate JC.It just wasn't as impressive as what Bearden did.Of course this is the playoffs and anything can happen.GO BULLDOGS !!!dvp4life

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll just stay home Friday night. Looks like we don't have a chance.

Been watching high school football for many years and I must say that this DB team has more "team speed" than any I've seen. This includes the schools of the Big East, Big Eight and playoffs. DY is no doubt a weapon and has a very good future in store for him, but DB is no slouch for weapons also! Guess there will be quite a few people posting their opinions about this game and it's outcome. Looking forward to seeing the chin-straps snapped and hearing the whistle! DB wins this one, too many weapons in the Indians favor! ROLL TRIBE!:motorbike:

I don't remember him as a freshman (although he may well have been on the field), but was at the game at Bearden in '08 when he was a soph. He got his yards, but we slowed him down enough to keep him out of the endzone (mostly) and won the game. He is very quick but the main thing I was impressed by was how "slippery" he seemed. He broke numerous tackles not by running over people but because they just couldn't seem to hang onto him. It looked like the old greased pig contest at the county fair or something. If we pursue too aggressively rather than staying where we're supposed to be, or if our tackling is less than textbook, it could be a long night.

I'm not trying to sound negative, but Devrin is MUCH improved from his junior year, let alone his sophomore year. His jr. year, when we finished 5-5 and played him, we held him to 107 yards, 63 of them coming off of one run. However, we come back to Knoxville this year with a much better team, and he ran ALL over us. He broke a single game rushing record playing barely into the second half. Although he broke his own record again the next game, it was still a great showing against us. I take back my comment of him being the ONLY thing Bearden has. They have some good linebackers and a good offensive line. It's just hard for anyone to stand out next to Young. I really like the matchup of Bearden and DB. DB is a running team, and Bearden has a good run defense. Bearden, needless to say, runs the ball very well, and Devrin makes people miss, but DB is very good at wrapping up and making tackles. I'm not going to predict a winner because anything can happen.

I wouldn't kick to Young , if your kicker can't put it in the endzone I'd pooch kick . Young has definitely gotten bigger , stronger and even faster this year , he made me nervous every time he touched the ball . As long as DB stays disciplined on Defense they should win . Long , clock eating drives would come in handy too . If Young had a better supporting cast around him , Bearden would be unbelievable .

Good luck to DB , hopefully we'll both take care of business as I would love for Maryville to visit Kingsport DB

I wouldn't kick to Young , if your kicker can't put it in the endzone I'd pooch kick . Young has definitely gotten bigger , stronger and even faster this year , he made me nervous every time he touched the ball . As long as DB stays disciplined on Defense they should win . Long , clock eating drives would come in handy too . If Young had a better supporting cast around him , Bearden would be unbelievable .

Good luck to DB , hopefully we'll both take care of business as I would love for Maryville to visit Kingsport DB

If we are lucky enough to win friday,we would love to have you guys up as well.I wanted last years game even though I knew we would have to find a Genie in a lantern to have a chance.Had we found one last year,we couldn't have figured out how to release her before the game was over.

Edited by BatmanDB

I'm not trying to sound negative, but Devrin is MUCH improved from his junior year, let alone his sophomore year. His jr. year, when we finished 5-5 and played him, we held him to 107 yards, 63 of them coming off of one run. However, we come back to Knoxville this year with a much better team, and he ran ALL over us. He broke a single game rushing record playing barely into the second half. Although he broke his own record again the next game, it was still a great showing against us. I take back my comment of him being the ONLY thing Bearden has. They have some good linebackers and a good offensive line. It's just hard for anyone to stand out next to Young. I really like the matchup of Bearden and DB. DB is a running team, and Bearden has a good run defense. Bearden, needless to say, runs the ball very well, and Devrin makes people miss, but DB is very good at wrapping up and making tackles. I'm not going to predict a winner because anything can happen.

He may have improved some, and he is a very good player, but if he and/or the team were unstoppable they wouldn't have 3 losses. Maryville is Maryville so I'll discount that one, but West is merely a pretty good team, as is Farragut (and DB beat Farragut relatively easily). The point being, based on their body of work over the season, if DB plays the way they have all year (offensively and defensively) we should win. And if we don't play well or make mistakes, we could certainly lose. The margin for error will definitely be smaller than it was in round 1, and might be nonexistent in round 3 if we make it that far, but that's how it's supposed to be.

He may have improved some, and he is a very good player, but if he and/or the team were unstoppable they wouldn't have 3 losses. Maryville is Maryville so I'll discount that one, but West is merely a pretty good team, as is Farragut (and DB beat Farragut relatively easily). The point being, based on their body of work over the season, if DB plays the way they have all year (offensively and defensively) we should win. And if we don't play well or make mistakes, we could certainly lose. The margin for error will definitely be smaller than it was in round 1, and might be nonexistent in round 3 if we make it that far, but that's how it's supposed to be.

Good post but it's hard to tell how good teams are playing and matchup now.Farragut played Maryville and Bearden about the same {close}

Good post but it's hard to tell how good teams are playing and matchup now.Farragut played Maryville and Bearden about the same {close}

You're exactly right Batman, many factors come into play this time of year into HS football. Changes in personnel, improvements in play calling are just a couple of things to mention. Big factor this time of year are field conditions, rain and cold can greatly affect execution. So a team that played well in hot weather may not play so well in cold weather and visa versa. We could very well see a suprise outcome in the Maryville-Farragut game, they played close earlier this year but add a little cold to the game and it could have a different outcome. To be playing this time of year is what we look for at the start of every season, makes the games interesting and unpredictable to a certain degree. Time for the Tribe to step it up a notch and to keep on rolling!:thumb: