Bearden @ Dobyns-Bennett

ArtVandalay

Several posters have offered up the end-of-season 'great year' narrative.

How would this year possibly be characterized as 'great'?

Good year certainly - but not great.

It will be sickening if Bearden beats Maryville,but I feel pretty confident in giving Bearden 21 .I would have like to seen us play friday but it would have took a great game to compete with Maryville.We were a snap and kick away from probably the best we could have done,so that's why I would consider it a very good year this year.No choke when you gain that many yards and hold that back to a little over a hundred.I could see him getting three or four hundred against many big 8 teams.

As a DB fan from afar, I hope no one takes this as anything but constructive critisism. DB Coachs, parents, fans and players need to get that big V for victim and the big E for entitled off their chest. Concentrate on football, one play at a time. Don't get hung up in the V and E as that trickles down to the players and that is what they get in their head. ie After the South game it was 3 days of the refs did this and the fans did that. On here and I'll bet in the locker room, around the kitchen tables etc. Discouragement all around. Football, one play at a time.

I was wishing Farragut would get to replay DB and do the samething that Bearden did WIN. I had that feeling this was going to happen every year most of the time this region always beats you guys in the first round #1 again in the state and a 4th site beat you guys. I went and saw the West TN High game well it wasn't a game I was surprised at this at what West did to them. This game was played on your guys home turf and to blame the referee. Way to go Bearden.

I bet you do. Anything other than playing Maryville, again.

Heck, you would probably rather play the Dallas Cowboys. Anything other than Maryville.

I was wishing Farragut would get to replay DB and do the samething that Bearden did WIN. I had that feeling this was going to happen every year most of the time this region always beats you guys in the first round #1 again in the state and a 4th site beat you guys. I went and saw the West TN High game well it wasn't a game I was surprised at this at what West did to them. This game was played on your guys home turf and to blame the referee. Way to go Bearden.

Your team was not near as good this year.I wish we could have beat you again as well but it is what it is.I wasn't surprised by West because we beat Boone 42 -15 this year and West has a really good team right now

Edited by BatmanDB

Congrats to the Indians for a great season. You played hard the whole game like true DBHS Indians. I wish the seniors good luck as you go out into the world and you will find the life lessons you learned under Graham and the staff will help you face tough times, bounce back from failure and become productive young men and community leaders. Hope Bearden continues to play well and reaches the championship game. Roll Tribe Roll!

Edited by biglon68

It will be sickening if Bearden beats Maryville,but I feel pretty confident in giving Bearden 21 .I would have like to seen us play friday but it would have took a great game to compete with Maryville.We were a snap and kick away from probably the best we could have done,so that's why I would consider it a very good year this year.No choke when you gain that many yards and hold that back to a little over a hundred.I could see him getting three or four hundred against many big 8 teams.

That's poor. Why don't you just take your loss with a pain pill. Do you have to try to stick it into the smaller county teams in the area. Wonder why everyone dislikes DB??

As a DB fan from afar, I hope no one takes this as anything but constructive critisism. DB Coachs, parents, fans and players need to get that big V for victim and the big E for entitled off their chest. Concentrate on football, one play at a time. Don't get hung up in the V and E as that trickles down to the players and that is what they get in their head. ie After the South game it was 3 days of the refs did this and the fans did that. On here and I'll bet in the locker room, around the kitchen tables etc. Discouragement all around. Football, one play at a time.

I commend you on that posts. Finally someone with some class.

Batmast, I may be a whiner at times and we may be at oposite ends of the spectrum but I must say...Great Post.

That's poor. Why don't you just take your loss with a pain pill. Do you have to try to stick it into the smaller county teams in the area. Wonder why everyone dislikes DB??

Your right,I should have left the other schools out and said he could have gotton three or four hundred on us if we hadn't played him very good,I could care less if somebody likes DB however,that's up to them