Bearden @ Dobyns-Bennett

ArtVandalay

Maaaaaannnnnn I sure would like to stick it to some of you guys because you really have it comin! :roflolk: But I will put this one in my back pocket for now and just say congratulations on a VERY respectful season. I know EXACTLY how you feel right now (aint that right Blazer) :blush: . Just know that with the possible exception of Greenville… you were by FAR the best of the best in NET this year. With everyone but Elizabethton and Greeneville (I believe) out of the playoffs before the third round, combined with the Tribe SCALPING everybody but the boys from the South… none of us have any room to point the finger or criticizes DB for anything. Your boys did well and this was a great team by any measure. I for one could see that this team had GREAT potential at the opening game against Farragut (even though I would have never admitted it during the season). Good luck to all the seniors on whatever they choose to do.. and thanks for what you brought to NET High School Football this season. This is simply a character check for DB because I have a feeling that just like with me… :hungry: IT’S ON LIKE POPCORN AGAIN NEXT YEAR!!! :thumb:

Edited by Cap1

Maaaaaannnnnn I sure would like to stick it to some of you guys because you really have it comin! :roflolk: But I will put this one in my back pocket for now and just say congratulations on a VERY respectful season. I know EXACTLY how you feel right now (aint that right Blazer) :blush: . Just know that with the possible exception of Greenville… you were by FAR the best of the best in NET this year. With everyone but Elizabethton and Greeneville (I believe) out of the playoffs before the third round, combined with the Tribe SCALPING everybody but the boys from the South… none of us have any room to point the finger or criticizes DB for anything. Your boys did well and this was a great team by any measure. I for one could see that this team had GREAT potential at the opening game against Farragut (even though I would have never admitted it during the season). Good luck to all the seniors on whatever they choose to do.. and thanks for what you brought to NET High School Football this season. This is simply a character check for DB because I have a feeling that just like with me… :hungry: IT’S ON LIKE POPCORN AGAIN NEXT YEAR!!! :thumb:

Cap1,

I like it when you post like this. I think what all our teams in the area need to focus on is getting better as a whole. We all have a problem with teams beyond Morristown. Is it talent? Money? Interest? Structure? I don't know. But I do know there is a wall there. Now lucky for the schools not in 6A, you don't hit that wall until later rounds, but DB has to take it on in rounds 1 and 2. I am telling you, the facts and stats don't lie, our area can be world beaters locally, and average with the rest of the state. Discuss!

We had a very good team this year but so did Bearden.Two fine teams playing into overtime.Somebody was going to lose.It was the good guys

You make it sound as if a coin flip determined the winner.

Which team had over 100 yards in penalties? Which team had a special teams meltdown?

Make no mistake, Maryville will beat Bearden on friday night. They will have about 30 yards in penalties, and their special teams will be subperb. That is how they are coached, and that is how they play.

Which team had over 100 yards in penalties? Which team had a special teams meltdown?

Make no mistake, Maryville will beat Bearden on friday night. They will have about 30 yards in penalties, and their special teams will be subperb. That is how they are coached, and that is how they play.

How many of those 100+ yards were offensive holding?

I could dissect every phase of the game and point to many mistakes and the result would be the same.So,I choose to keep it simple.It's nothing like two years ago when we were the best team by a long shot and just didn't get it done.These guys love their coach and coach loves these young men.Yes we could have won,but yes they were a very good team as well...

Batman-

In fact there is some similarity. That loss featured a kick-off (or punt return) for a TD at the end of the game. The year when Coty Sensabaug was a SR featured DB missing a FG that would have won the game.

When we played Riverdale, we mis-played a punt that resulted in a TD for Riverdale.

Special team mistakes have been a killer for The Tribe in the playoffs.

How many team that we were clearly better than have we lost to in the playoffs? Whatever the number, it is happening entirely too frequently!

Edited by rolltriberoll

RTR,that is a very important part of the game and I said if we licked to Young,he could beat us.Well,I don't think we were kicking to him,but he got it anyway.You can point to many things that are a part of the game.After their first drive,I thought Young might break the all time rushing record for one game at J Fred.Young ended up with what,133 or something like that.We had nearly 500 yards of offense.

RTR,that is a very important part of the game and I said if we licked to Young,he could beat us.Well,I don't think we were kicking to him,but he got it anyway.You can point to many things that are a part of the game.After their first drive,I thought Young might break the all time rushing record for one game at J Fred.Young ended up with what,133 or something like that.We had nearly 500 yards of offense.

You are really struggling with this loss, aren't you?