Bearden @ Dobyns-Bennett

ArtVandalay

Batman-

In fact there is some similarity. That loss featured a kick-off (or punt return) for a TD at the end of the game. The year when Coty Sensabaug was a SR featured DB missing a FG that would have won the game.

When we played Riverdale, we mis-played a punt that resulted in a TD for Riverdale.

Special team mistakes have been a killer for The Tribe in the playoffs.

How many team that we were clearly better than have we lost to in the playoffs? Whatever the number, it is happening entirely too frequently!

Good post.From what I have heard most people see it the same as you.Not mentality prepared as Barb said has a lot do with it,along with play calling in the playoffs, has been a killer for DB.Time for a change.

You are really struggling with this loss, aren't you?

No,it makes me feel good to see kids lose that I've watched from the time they were 5 years old.It brings me joy every year the local teams fall short for the past half a century.I'll say one thing if my old school doesn't get it done,some of the people claiming to be Greene Devil fans on coacht couldn't be a better target for a monster let down.If they don't win it this year,we may never see a local team do it again because the road will never be this clear for the gold.

OK Bud I'll bite. DB had the players. So IMOP that was not the problem.

1. Karma.

2. Coaches.

3. Playing a weak schedule.

4. Mental preparedness.

5. Lack of experience in playoffs.

I would cite 1 and 2.

Ask yourself, what is the difference between D-B and Alcoa or Maryville.

There is no way that there is a dime's worth of difference between the quality of these kids. Has to be something else. What else is different? I wager it's #2. Personally I think that D-B should recruit Rankin when Clark retires from the game. Rankin may not accept but it would be worth a try. Otherwise the status quo continues so just accept it.

Batman-

In fact there is some similarity. That loss featured a kick-off (or punt return) for a TD at the end of the game. The year when Coty Sensabaug was a SR featured DB missing a FG that would have won the game.

When we played Riverdale, we mis-played a punt that resulted in a TD for Riverdale.

Special team mistakes have been a killer for The Tribe in the playoffs.

How many team that we were clearly better than have we lost to in the playoffs? Whatever the number, it is happening entirely too frequently!

I remember that game...yall was the better team that night yall moved the ball up and down the field but if memeory serves me correctly all you got was FG...i remember that punt...we had a SO make a smart play and picked the ball up and ran it in for the TD it was a poor punt and i think the DB players were just leaving it alone but he made a GREAT HEADS UP play...that was DEFINTLY a game i thought we got lucky on as i thought yall was better and we just snuck a way to victory

I remember that game...yall was the better team that night yall moved the ball up and down the field but if memeory serves me correctly all you got was FG...i remember that punt...we had a SO make a smart play and picked the ball up and ran it in for the TD it was a poor punt and i think the DB players were just leaving it alone but he made a GREAT HEADS UP play...that was DEFINTLY a game i thought we got lucky on as i thought yall was better and we just snuck a way to victory

That was DB's best shot in the last several years.We were talking about that game this summer. DB touched the ball and walked off the field and the ref never blew it dead.You guys might have a different take however.I thought we had a good shot in 2008,but would have had problems with Oakland's big line

That was DB's best shot in the last several years.We were talking about that game this summer. DB touched the ball and walked off the field and the ref never blew it dead.You guys might have a different take however.I thought we had a good shot in 2008,but would have had problems with Oakland's big line

So Clark doesn't teach those boys that the play ain't over till the whistle blows?

Ask yourself, what is the difference between D-B and Alcoa or Maryville.

There is no way that there is a dime's worth of difference between the quality of these kids. Has to be something else. What else is different? I wager it's #2. Personally I think that D-B should recruit Rankin when Clark retires from the game. Rankin may not accept but it would be worth a try. Otherwise the status quo continues so just accept it.

You had better hurry a bit on this one the scuttlebutt has Rankin moving on to Catholic next year.

The best team DB has had in 10 years. I think everyone agrees on this statement. The offense was chocked full of athletes. The defense was awesome with one exception. Secondary. Add to that a weak kicking game. How do you have the best athletes you have had in 10 years and have a weak secondary and a weak kicking game? I don't know. I just know that next year they are going to have IT again.

The best team DB has had in 10 years. I think everyone agrees on this statement. The offense was chocked full of athletes. The defense was awesome with one exception. Secondary. Add to that a weak kicking game. How do you have the best athletes you have had in 10 years and have a weak secondary and a weak kicking game? I don't know. I just know that next year they are going to have IT again.

I'd think GC would have the necessary position coaches to get all those amazing athletes coached up to play. Sounds like some changes may be coming.

I know we have the greatest collection of football minds on coacht.Everyone has an opinion and that's a good thing.No Comp,it's not the best team in ten years and yes Barb GC is a very good coach. Ex,I doubt we will see a coaching change for a long time and I'm fine with that.

Edited by BatmanDB

I know we have the greatest collection of football minds on coacht.Everyone has an opinion and that's a good thing.No Comp,it's not the best team in ten years and yes Barb GC is a very good coach. Ex,I doubt we will see a coaching change for a long time and I'm fine with that.

I'm not suggesting GC should go... But obviously some staff tweaking is in order... Secondary and special teams.