Franklin vs. Blackman

ftballkicker

Well someone asked if Rutherford Co teams could be beat. Yes. They can. No undefeated teams this year.

Congrats on your win over Oakland (3rd place team in Rutherford Co).

Keys to beating Blaze:

1. Stop Mather's or atleast try and contain......not an easy task.

2. Put pressure on young QB....he appears to be getting better each week.

3. Have a balanced offense....if you are one dimensional the D-line and LB's will have a field day.

4. Limit turnovers and penalties ......you don't want to play from behind.

Good luck to both teams.

Oh my guess would be Blaze by 13.

GO FALCONS!!!!!

Edited by naildriver247

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah...Franklin or no one else for that matter can beat a Rutherford County team. :rolleyes:

I'd really like to see Mt. Juliet beat at least one Rutherford Co. team. :thumb:

This past Friday the team and fans were on cruise control. :bored: Kinda looked like we were resting up to put the smack down on a Williamson county school again. This game may not be as fun for Frankiln as their last. They may want to talk with Brentwood (their district champs) about Mathers. It may be a very, very long night for the Rebs. We'll see :hungry:

GO BLAZE!

I agree, should be a great game. Whichever defense can stop the other team's strength more effectively will win the game. Should be a pretty high scoring affair in my opinion. I don't know too much about Blackman besides their star RB and that they have some pretty good linebackers (I had actually heard that before I read this post). But can one of the Blackman fans on here give me an honest opinion about the rest of their team. Obviously they are a very good team, but what where are their weaknesses? How is their passing game? And do they have a strong secondary that can limit Frankln's passing attack?

I have been to 6 of the 11 Blackman games this season, so i will attempt to give you my opinion of Blackman's team. Take it for what it's worth and if someone else can add a few things, please do!

1. Mathers is at another level compared to any running back you have seen this year. He is only a junior and all of us will get to watch him on Saturday's at a big time football program. But it sounds as if you already knew this.

2. Blackman has two inside Linebackers that will also play on Saturday's at Division 1-A or Division 1-AA schools. I have heard several say they may be the best Linebacking pair in the whole state. Both are big,fast, and come to play every down. Running the ball right at them is nearly impossible and they have the speed to get to the running back from sideline to sideline.

3. Defensive Line: At my first Blackman game, i read the program and saw that all 4 of these players are seniors and they play like it. One of the many reasons Blackman's Linebackers are so good is because these 4 control the line of scrimmage and can cause havock. #34 and # 42 make big play after big play on the outside of the line and # 58 and # 55 are very tough on the inside.

4. There outside linebackers are very good too. # 21 and # 10 compliment so well the inside guys. These two will both hit you and play the pass well. # 21 has a nose for the ball as he has many interceptions.

5. Secondary: even though they are very much improved, this would be in my opinion a weakness of the defense. At times they play great and at times they don't. But they were getting better until the riverdale game!

6. Offensive Line: They are not overly big at all, but from the production of Mathers they should be considered a strength. I have noticed that they are what i would call fiesty and hardly miss assignments. In the last couple of games i've been too i have noticed that they are playing 3 tightends at times. # 25, # 44, # 42 and all of them block well.

7. Fullback: is the defensive end # 34 that i mentioned above. He is a force to be dealt with as a blocker and when they call his number as a runner. He may be the most un-heralded player on the team at his fulback position as most fulbacks are, but he paves the way for many of mather's runs, over and over.

8. Quarterback: I did see the smyrna game and he did not play well, but since then i think he has improved vastly. I was also at the Oakland game and i think his performance at the end must have given him some confidence because he has played steady and has completed the passes that he needed to-to open up things for Mathers. I can't remember if he is a junior or senior.

Overall, Blackman is very solid and they play hard every down. They are beatable but it will not be easy. I would agree with what i read in the paper last week, "They are hot right now". Let's hope it stays that way! I hope this helps!

I have been to 6 of the 11 Blackman games this season, so i will attempt to give you my opinion of Blackman's team. Take it for what it's worth and if someone else can add a few things, please do!

1. Mathers is at another level compared to any running back you have seen this year. He is only a junior and all of us will get to watch him on Saturday's at a big time football program. But it sounds as if you already knew this.

2. Blackman has two inside Linebackers that will also play on Saturday's at Division 1-A or Division 1-AA schools. I have heard several say they may be the best Linebacking pair in the whole state. Both are big,fast, and come to play every down. Running the ball right at them is nearly impossible and they have the speed to get to the running back from sideline to sideline.

3. Defensive Line: At my first Blackman game, i read the program and saw that all 4 of these players are seniors and they play like it. One of the many reasons Blackman's Linebackers are so good is because these 4 control the line of scrimmage and can cause havock. #34 and # 42 make big play after big play on the outside of the line and # 58 and # 55 are very tough on the inside.

4. There outside linebackers are very good too. # 21 and # 10 compliment so well the inside guys. These two will both hit you and play the pass well. # 21 has a nose for the ball as he has many interceptions.

5. Secondary: even though they are very much improved, this would be in my opinion a weakness of the defense. At times they play great and at times they don't. But they were getting better until the riverdale game!

6. Offensive Line: They are not overly big at all, but from the production of Mathers they should be considered a strength. I have noticed that they are what i would call fiesty and hardly miss assignments. In the last couple of games i've been too i have noticed that they are playing 3 tightends at times. # 25, # 44, # 42 and all of them block well.

7. Fullback: is the defensive end # 34 that i mentioned above. He is a force to be dealt with as a blocker and when they call his number as a runner. He may be the most un-heralded player on the team at his fulback position as most fulbacks are, but he paves the way for many of mather's runs, over and over.

8. Quarterback: I did see the smyrna game and he did not play well, but since then i think he has improved vastly. I was also at the Oakland game and i think his performance at the end must have given him some confidence because he has played steady and has completed the passes that he needed to-to open up things for Mathers. I can't remember if he is a junior or senior.

Overall, Blackman is very solid and they play hard every down. They are beatable but it will not be easy. I would agree with what i read in the paper last week, "They are hot right now". Let's hope it stays that way! I hope this helps!

great post, thankyou for actually putting your honest opinion on here, I haven't seen Blackman play at all and honestly knew nothing about them besides Mathers. I think this is going to be a great game. Blackman may be the more talented team, but Franklin showed they could play with anybody Friday (a game they could have won by more and made many mistakes in). Franklin has a great coaching staff and I know they will have the boys ready to play Friday. The key will be if Franklin's defense can contain Mathers and if the Blackman defense can force Kuivinen into mistakes. If you give him enough time, he will pick you apart. But he is prone to bad decision-making sometimes, so I expect Blackman to blitz a lot. Good luck to both teams, let's hope for a clean, injury-free game!

Not sure who this Mathers and these linebackers you speak of are.... If I were Franklin I'd take Monday and Tuesday off to rest and enjoy the Oakland victory, Get together Wednesday and eat pizza as a team :hungry: , Have a walk-thru on Thursday and just show up in Rutherford Co. on Friday. I think that will work for ya.

If the Rebels are good enough to beat Oakland they will not have any trouble with Blackman.

I have been know to change my ideas as the week goes on. We'll see..... :popcorneater:

Edited by DaBlueRaider

Good Job!

I would like to add another part of Blackman's 2010 team

9. Special Teams: Special is the correct word. Kicker has a D1 future. On kick offs this season he has sailed the ball into the end zone on approx: 95% of all kicks. Be ready to start from your 20yd line. He can also BOOM punts, although he really has not had to punt very much this year he has great hang & distance.

Most team choose not to kick deep to #4. These short kicks are taken by the up men and they have some speed on returns for great starting field posistion.

Punt returns #19 & #4 are sure handed burners that can take it to the house.

Extra points - I can only recall the kicker missig only one in two years that is pretty darn good with the number of attemps over the last two seasons.

Good Job!

I would like to add another part of Blackman's 2010 team

9. Special Teams: Special is the correct word. Kicker has a D1 future. On kick offs this season he has sailed the ball into the end zone on approx: 95% of all kicks. Be ready to start from your 20yd line. He can also BOOM punts, although he really has not had to punt very much this year he has great hang & distance.

Most team choose not to kick deep to #4. These short kicks are taken by the up men and they have some speed on returns for great starting field posistion.

Punt returns #19 & #4 are sure handed burners that can take it to the house.

Extra points - I can only recall the kicker missig only one in two years that is pretty darn good with the number of attemps over the last two seasons.

How about 10, 11 and 12......

10. Pretty fair coaching

11. Way above average fan support

12. A rocking Band that almost gives Blackman an unfair advantage. :rolleyes:

GO BLAZE!

Not sure who this Mathers and these linebackers you speak of are.... If I were Franklin I'd take Monday and Tuesday off to rest and enjoy the Oakland victory, Get together Wednesday and eat pizza as a team :hungry: , Have a walk-thru on Thursday and just show up in Rutherford Co. on Friday. I think that will work for ya.

If the Rebels are good enough to beat Oakland they will not have any trouble with Blackman.

I have been know to change my ideas as the week goes on. We'll see..... :popcorneater:

Thanks for the advice. I will on over to the school and tell Coach Shad to prepare for Smyrna. (See your post in the Smyrna/ MJ thread) Sounds like an echo in here.

If Franklin gave up 143 to Chudi Echetebu they are not going to be able to contain Mathers. He is an unbelievable ball carrier and plan on him breaking at least two against Franklin. The only time I saw Blackman play was when they played Brentwood and they handed it to us. They are an extremely physical team and Franklin is not. Franklin does play well as a team and they do all of the little things right, but I think Blackman might be too much.Blackman's front seven is going to shut down Franklin's run game and I think their undersized offensive line is going to struggle in pass protection. If FHS can get the throws off Kuivinen will be able to shred Blackman's secondary but that is a BIG if. I think Franklin will have too many turnovers and Blackman will take this one 28-21.