round 2 mustangs revisit brickyard

sawdust76

This is one of those games where you don't want to see either team lose, because you would like to see BOTH of them playing next week.

Congratulations to Giles co on a great season. Losses like this hurt bad, but if you have the right kind of kids in the right kind of program, and I believe Giles does, they make you better. Both teams should be extremely proud of themselves. Two great programs, coaching staffs, fan bases, and teams.

I completely agree Golddust281. Both teams should be proud. This game, and the one in 2007 vs Memphis Mitchell were probably the two greatest HS football games I've seen. Both teams and their fans can be very proud of these young men.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is one thing that happened well after the game ended and most fans had left the stadium. Coach McCadams and his wife and Coach O'Connor and his wife stood in the end zone and spent several minutes talking. Coach O'Connor's son later joined in the conversation. Last year, I saw a similar sight.

Both of these men are fierce competitors, but when the dust settled and the game was over, their families met as friends. Great class by both families.

And I didn't think the Scottish and Irish could get along.

Great game, I thought it was over and we'd lost again, but way to hang in there Mustangs. We played a great team and it could have gone either way. One of the nicest stadiums we've ever played in. I think all of this talk about Lipscomb having the silver spoons is a bit far fetched - we can only long for a facility as nice as this one.

If only the public scools knew (and would believe) what our program funding was, they would be proud their community supplied and funded this nice facilty. This stadium is one of the nicest in the state. The brick facade cost more than our entire stadium!

If only the public scools knew (and would believe) what our program funding was, they would be proud their community supplied and funded this nice facilty. This stadium is one of the nicest in the state. The brick facade cost more than our entire stadium!

The stadium was built with city & county tax dollars. It does not belong to the school system. GCHS has to pay the expenses to use it. It would be like DL renting Vandy's stadium for their games.

We have one of the highest unemployment rates in the state. We have almost 16% living below the poverty level. Our individual medium income level is around $23, 000 per year. Our program's funding would make you laugh for sure. Our parents struggle to send their kids to the movies much less a privite school of any kind. There will be no tears for you from Giles County :thumb:

The stadium was built with city & county tax dollars. It does not belong to the school system. GCHS has to pay the expenses to use it. It would be like DL renting Vandy's stadium for their games.

We have one of the highest unemployment rates in the state. We have almost 16% living below the poverty level. Our individual medium income level is around $23, 000 per year. Our program's funding would make you laugh for sure. Our parents struggle to send their kids to the movies much less a privite school of any kind. There will be no tears for you from Giles County :thumb:

Not looking for tears. I know the history of your stadium, cause I'm from down there. I KNOW your tax dollars were spent to renovate this wonderful stadium for GCHS to use. 3-4 million of those tax dollars for GCHS's high school field. That's all I was saying. I wish we had that kind of support. Most players will never play in a stadium that nice so make sure your kids understand what community support means and how fortunate they are that their community supports them in that way. Lipscomb gets it's athletic financial support from the university. We get what they give us,period. We will never have a stadium that nice because the funding is not there, but we are thankful for the sacrifices of those that gave us what we do have.We think our field is 1st class. Just not in the league as yours.

Your program's funding is seriously higher than our's though and that is a fact. No one does more with less than coach Mac.

Not looking for tears. I know the history of your stadium, cause I'm from down there. I KNOW your tax dollars were spent to renovate this wonderful stadium for GCHS to use. 3-4 million of those tax dollars for GCHS's high school field. That's all I was saying. I wish we had that kind of support. Most players will never play in a stadium that nice so make sure your kids understand what community support means and how fortunate they are that their community supports them in that way. Lipscomb gets it's athletic financial support from the university. We get what they give us,period. We will never have a stadium that nice because the funding is not there, but we are thankful for the sacrifices of those that gave us what we do have.We think our field is 1st class. Just not in the league as yours.

Your program's funding is seriously higher than our's though and that is a fact. No one does more with less than coach Mac.

craker is right. as a former player of DL, i dressed out in pads that were 10+ years old until my senior year. we might of gotten three new helments a year.our weight room is full of rust and 25 year old equipment. oh and we may get new jerseys every 8-10 years so if you think David lipscomb is loaded in their athletic department think again

Another classic game between these two teams.

Congrats Lipscomb, would love to see yall win state.

Congrats to the Bobcats on a good season. You did everything yall could friday night, but sometimes things just don't go your way. You all should be proud of what you did this season.

Congrats Likearock on your street cred. Still waiting on mine :roflol: