Greeneville vs Gibbs

DevilMan03

I was just mentioning teams that it had helped. I think the girls basketball team has held their own, even in the old classification for some time. But good to mention them too.

I think that both basketball teams and the wrestling team would have a couple of state championships if we had always been in the correct classification. Wrestling had one runner up in mid 90's along with two or three 3rd place finishes.

I think that both basketball teams and the wrestling team would have a couple of state championships if we had always been in the correct classification. Wrestling had one runner up in mid 90's along with two or three 3rd place finishes.

I think there would be several championships in many other sports as well. Definitely basketball. Several of the teams have made it the quarters and semis in the old classification. Both mens and womens soccer teams would have competed. There have been many a soccer team see their season end by DB or Science Hill. Without a doubt wrestling would have a few. Golf and cross country would probably have some as well. Too bad we will never know how many they would have had.

Dang this pat our selves on the back greeneville topic is interesting reading, just wondering what kind of record the greene devils had before they got into the powerful District they were put in last year by T$$AA. :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

TSSAA put the Greene Devils in our class because that's where our numbers say we should be and we all know our conference is weak but it sure hasn't showed yet in the playoffs...

Edited by greeneville2012

TSSAA put the Greene Devils in our class because that's where our numbers say we should be and we all know our conference is weak but it sure hasn't showed yet in the playoffs...

My bad greeneville 2012, but i thought you were just put in the district you are now in last year, maybe you need to be sure you are right, i thought the year before last you were in

AAA.

Gee you're on coacht....you can go see for yourself. But the best place to see Greeneville's record is at greenevillefootball.com. We could have been PUT in this district a long time ago and chose to play up. If T$$AA had allowed us to play UP in football but as assigned in all other sports, we might still be there. Playing as assigned has already resulted in a state title in girl's cross-country, a second place finish in boy's cross country and a semi-final appearance for the girls soccer team. I can't believe I'm sayin' this, but its not always about football.....

Well barb, i took your advice and went to greenevillefootball.com to see if i was right or greeneville2012 was right about greeneville being in AAA in 2008, seems i was right, they were in AAA in 2008, but since you told me to go there i did and lo and behold they say their record was 11 and 2, seems they forget to count their season ending loss to Maryville in their record for the year, you might want to tell someone to update that to 11 and 3 for the season. :roflol:

Dang those Blount County teams. lol

Edited by mrdrano

Well barb, i took your advice and went to greenevillefootball.com to see if i was right or greeneville2012 was right about greeneville being in AAA in 2008, seems i was right, they were in AAA in 2008, but since you told me to go there i did and lo and behold they say their record was 11 and 2, seems they forget to count their season ending loss to Maryville in their record for the year, you might want to tell someone to update that to 11 and 3 for the season. :roflol:

Actually mrdrano Greeneville played AAAA in football when there was 5 classifications. Greeneville has never been in AAA when it comes to Football.

Then you would have noticed that they played in 4A instead of 3A there pal. They played up and they played in the old IMAC against the likes of Mo. West, Mo.East, Cherokee, and others. Greeneville always held their own even though they usually had an enrollment around 800 compared to anywhere from 1100 to 1800 enrollments of teams they played week in and week out.

Then you would have noticed that they played in 4A instead of 3A there pal. They played up and they played in the old IMAC against the likes of Mo. West, Mo.East, Cherokee, and others. Greeneville always held their own even though they usually had an enrollment around 800 compared to anywhere from 1100 to 1800 enrollments of teams they played week in and week out.

Sorry about that bud, didnt pay that much attention to AAAA or AAA when i seen the record was incorrect for 2008, kinda got a chuckle out of that, seriously just kinda jawing on my part, whoever wins Friday night between Greeneville and Gibbs i will be for the rest of the way in the playoffs, i am for East Tenn teams when it gets farther in and we start seeing the Middle and West TN teams, good luck Friday night would like to see yory game but i am going to Alcoa and CAK it is closer.

Edited by mrdrano

Sorry about that bud, didnt pay that much attention to AAAA or AAA when i seen the record was incorrect for 2008, kinda got a chuckle out of that, seriously just kinda jawing on my part, whoever wins Friday night between Greeneville and Gibbs i will be for the rest of the way in the playoffs, i am for East Tenn teams when it gets farther in and we start seeing the Middle and West TN teams, good luck Friday night would like to see yory game but i am going to Alcoa and CAK it is closer.

I don't blame you for not wanting to travel. Have fun in Alcoa. You will probably see a better game there anyways.

Mr.Drano it wld be worth the money to see the Gorgeous Facilities that we have been blessed with in Greeneville. As for the game??? Willy will run wild. The Big Ole Devil Band plays at halftime so you will see a good show...