Greeneville vs Gibbs

DevilMan03

DevilMan03, on 13 November 2010 - 10:58 AM, said:

he was in cocke county b4 he was in nc. he is livin w/uncle cause he had bad family troubles. this is a better place fo him

Actually, the Johnson City Press had a feature on Willie Carmichael early in the football season. Maybe they were wrong, but they said he now lives in Greeneville with a cousin...last name was Moore I think I remember. Was that incorrect?

Thats correct and that was a great story as I recall...

If you build it, they will come....

That's right Barb!

If you build a great program, players will want to come be a part of that program which also belongs to an outstanding school.

Btw...so tired of hearing about where and/or why #3 is at GHS. He is here because that is what his family decided was best for him. No matter the reason, he's here and we welcomed him in without knowing about his fb capabilities. With that said, the fact that he is an all-around outstanding athlete is a pleasant bonus.

One more thing...while Carmichael is a great athlete, he is not the only gifted player on the team. It takes a joint effort from coaches and all players.

GOOD LUCK GREENE DEVILS!! FINISH!!!!! :thumb:

DevilMan03, on 13 November 2010 - 10:58 AM, said:

he was in cocke county b4 he was in nc. he is livin w/uncle cause he had bad family troubles. this is a better place fo him

Actually, the Johnson City Press had a feature on Willie Carmichael early in the football season. Maybe they were wrong, but they said he now lives in Greeneville with a cousin...last name was Moore I think I remember. Was that incorrect?

My Apologies Grad. I was mistaken. By the way Great year for you guys! They Made Greene County Proud!

This is actually becoming hilarious. All season long, people come on coacht and state Greeneville has nothing, they don't play anybody, wait 'til the playoffs, one and done, etc, etc, etc. Now they're going to the quarters and the naysayers are saying there has been no post season competition either. So, when Greeneville wins state, what are you going to say then? Maybe there should just be no 4A playoffs, huh? I'm sure Golddork will chime in with something. By the way, I don't think Barb said it was already built and finished (no pun intended). She said ,"build it". This program has been under construction for the past 5 years and continues to improve. I personally don't see it crumbling anytime too soon. How does the old cliche' go? "Alcoa wasn't built in a day". Something like that, anyway. All hail to the tornadoes and rebels, nobody else deserves any credit for anything. Press on Greeneville and Betsy!

And on a lighter note, even if you're not a football fan, Burley will be the place to be Friday night. Kenny Chesney and The Band Perry will be performing the half-time show. Not sure if that will compare to the can making demonstration in Blount County, but should be good, nonetheless.

Thats correct and that was a great story as I recall...

I thought that's what I had read. And anyway you say it, Carmichael is fast as lightning! He sure opens up a lot of options on offense which certainly helps the other offensive players out. I agree that GHS has lots of talented athletes on this years team, but he has to have made a huge difference. I have only seen GHS play one game this year and the only game I saw last year was the state championship game on TV. If GHS doesn't win state this year I'll be surprised. Their defense must be even better now than earlier in the season to have held Fulton to 0...

My Apologies Grad. I was mistaken. By the way Great year for you guys! They Made Greene County Proud!

Apology accepted and thanks for the compliment for my alma mater! I appreciate that some GHS fans aren't like CoachTFlorida.

And I still keep up with this stuff even though I don't live in Greene County and haven't for over 20 years! Maybe I need to get a life...LOL!!

Apology accepted and thanks for the compliment for my alma mater! I appreciate that some GHS fans aren't like CoachTFlorida.

And I still keep up with this stuff even though I don't live in Greene County and haven't for over 20 years! Maybe I need to get a life...LOL!!

Ha Ha Here in the present when life takes you away from the past we still manage to keep our dreams alive and relive our old highschool memories. I for one remember being at burley playin for my own alma mater. Life goes on but we still get the same feeling we got when we were in hs.

Ha Ha Here in the present when life takes you away from the past we still manage to keep our dreams alive and relive our old highschool memories. I for one remember being at burley playin for my own alma mater. Life goes on but we still get the same feeling we got when we were in hs.

You're right...no wonder the song "Glory Days" was and still is so popular! But I'm probably showing that I'm much older than you by recalling that song!

Never played football...the only field I played on in high school was the softball field...now that was awesome!

You're right...no wonder the song "Glory Days" was and still is so popular! But I'm probably showing that I'm much older than you by recalling that song!

Never played football...the only field I played on in high school was the softball field...now that was awesome!

Doesn't matter because you still had that same feeling every young player has...I'm a devil fan but I love to see all of my City/County teams do good. But now that the Devils are the only ones left, we should all stand behind them...A Gold Ball wld represent the The conference, town, and Ne Tn big time.

I'm ready for some Eagle FIRE-SNOT!

Gosh, sounds to me like we don't even need to play the game this week. Let's just skip it since it's a foregone conclusion, right? There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance. You may have Carmichael, but don't forget that Gibbs has a very dangerous back too. Gibbs defense can be had, but their triple option has not been contained all year. I'll agree that Greeneville seems likely to win, but if Gibbs can put up numbers like they have all season, things could get interesting.