Oak Ridge @ Riverdale

warhawks

Oak Ridge is a cupcake?!? LOL, Most people said that Riverdale would beat Oak Ridge back in 2005 too. What was the score in that game again?

Yes, Riverdale could win it all, if they didn't have to play Maryvile or Smyrna to win the state championship. LOL

That game and the ones in the three prior years is why some of us from R'dale know Oak Ridge is NO cup cake. Are they down this year? Yes, but it is only the second re building year under Coach Blade.

To me what is going to be interesting is the meeting of the two EX Hillsboro Coaches that won Championships there.

As to giving other teams grief, unfortunately some do that. But then again in the last 20 years there are ALOT of Championship Game balls here both Silver and Gold. We got 'cocky' listening to fans from schools like DB that keep saying they are going to destroy us. Unfortunately they do not seem to make it past the second round of the playoffs to do it! <_<

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were Riverdale I would not take Oak Ridge lightly. First off, it is round three and they are still here. When Maryville played them they turned it over several times. Overall their defense was one of the tougher ones we have seen, particularly against the run. They bring the wood and are a pretty physical bunch.

If I were Riverdale I would not take Oak Ridge lightly. First off, it is round three and they are still here. When Maryville played them they turned it over several times. Overall their defense was one of the tougher ones we have seen, particularly against the run. They bring the wood and are a pretty physical bunch.

i can assure you that no one at RIVERDALE is thinking cupcakes and should be easy and all that blah blah...we respect our opponents no matter who they are and to call a team that is in the 3rd round in the playoffs (final 8) a cupcake to me is just ludacris...this oak ridge team just beat the top seed in our bracket and being called a cupcake is unreal to me...OR record was what 6-4 well ours was 7-3 so their was only 1 game difference in the record. I am sure that our coaches are looking at game film finding the tendacies that we need to know about and putting in a game plan that will put us in the best position to win.

We need to really turn up the intensity on defense this week and more and more each week as defense wins the championship games..

GO WARRIORS

wow! 3 bringing 5... why don't you just put "the 8th toughest county in the country" as part of your signature , then we will all know to kneel when you post with out you having to say it and waste your energy.

Should some of us say 2 bringing 15+ in the last decade.

Sorry we couldnt beat yall for them....you were 4a at the time :thumb: But ours was the toughest classification...and since our county is all in the same one and not several levels like yours we cant bring home multiple titles a year...we all play for 1...yes 1 so take just one classification from your county..now how many do you have? :ugeek:

Sorry we couldnt beat yall for them....you were 4a at the time :thumb: But ours was the toughest classification...and since our county is all in the same one and not several levels like yours we cant bring home multiple titles a year...we all play for 1...yes 1 so take just one classification from your county..now how many do you have? :ugeek:

Blount County has 23 Football State Championships. Maryville has another one that was voted on, but it was before the playoffs started in 1969, so we only count it every other Thursday. Greenback used to be in Blount County. I wish it still was, we would count them too.

But this is OR vs. RD. so I'm pullin' for a home game for the Red Rebels. :thumb:

Edited by Red Rebels

Blount County has 23 Football State Championships. Maryville has another one that was voted on, but it was before the playoffs started in 1969, so we only count it every other Thursday. Greenback used to be in Blount County. I wish it still was, we would count them too.

But this is OR vs. RD. so I'm pullin' for a home game for the Red Rebels. :thumb:

in the last ten years rutherford has more than 5 ever...Rdale has 6 i believe...we have 10 total since playoffs began....

and i hope riverdale wins too

and i hope riverdale wins too

Maryville and Riverdale are both #2 seeds. If they both win, the team at the bottom of the bracket gets the home game (Riverdale). I don't think this is a good way to do it with quads, since they might be in a different quad next year and be the upper team. Gotta pull for the Clinton Engineering Works otherwise known as Oak Ridge.

oakri79.jpg

All these posts about Maryville beating Riverdale is making my point of Oak Ridge being a cupcake. Nobody thinks Oak Ridge has a chance to beat Riverdale. If Oak Ridge wasn't a cupcake, then they would believe they had a chance. They know they don't have a chance because they are a cupcake. Maryville is not a cupcake, that is why I said for Riverdale to enjoy their last cupcake. Thanks to everybody for agreeing with me.

I do realize the proud tradition that Oak Ridge has but that was the past and it wont help them today.

Edited by Blazeallthewaze

Maryville and Riverdale are both #2 seeds. If they both win, the team at the bottom of the bracket gets the home game (Riverdale). I don't think this is a good way to do it with quads, since they might be in a different quad next year and be the upper team. Gotta pull for the Clinton Engineering Works otherwise known as Oak Ridge.

oakri79.jpg

Riverdale was the 4th place team in their district. What was Maryville?

All these posts about Maryville beating Riverdale is making my point of Oak Ridge being a cupcake. Nobody thinks Oak Ridge has a chance to beat Riverdale. If Oak Ridge wasn't a cupcake, then they would believe they had a chance. They know they don't have a chance because they are a cupcake. Maryville is not a cupcake, that is why I said for Riverdale to enjoy their last cupcake. Thanks to everybody for agreeing with me.

I do realize the proud tradition that Oak Ridge has but that was the past and it wont help them today.

ok you think oak ridge is a cupcake...based on what?...their record?...games you have seen?...common opponents?...

ok you think oak ridge is a cupcake...based on what?...their record?...games you have seen?...common opponents?...

I will do some research this week and get back to you with the facts you ask for! Many, many people on Coach T have tried to tell you and other riverdale fans that the first two games would be blow outs for you, but you argued that this was not the case. So, I am doubtful the facts that i find that will support that Oakridge is yet another cupcake for Riverdale, will really make you admit that they are. Sometimes it is what it is! And what it has been and will be for Riverdale is 3 wins by 30 to 40 points. This is not Riverdale's fault or problem. You are just doing what the TSSAA asked you to do. What is difficult is the response by the Riverdale posters not accepting and admitting that there first three games are weak opponents. The past history of Oak Ridge has nothing to do with 2010!

I will do some research this week and get back to you with the facts you ask for! Many, many people on Coach T have tried to tell you and other riverdale fans that the first two games would be blow outs for you, but you argued that this was not the case. So, I am doubtful the facts that i find that will support that Oakridge is yet another cupcake for Riverdale, will really make you admit that they are. Sometimes it is what it is! And what it has been and will be for Riverdale is 3 wins by 30 to 40 points. This is not Riverdale's fault or problem. You are just doing what the TSSAA asked you to do. What is difficult is the response by the Riverdale posters not accepting and admitting that there first three games are weak opponents. The past history of Oak Ridge has nothing to do with 2010!

I would take Oak Ridge against Franklin any day . :thumb: