Boyd Buc @ Wartburg

reaction

With the way parents will move or drive miles for their kids(traveling sports era). I think all schools have kids move in and move out because of Athletics and Academics. I use to think the same way as you, but when our program at Calhoun started to win big, all of sudden people started coming from everywhere and noone had to make a call. It is just what happens when teams start winning. We had a school in Georgia(Charlton County) who is one of the smallest and poorest schools around, but they win and people move there from Jacksonville area just so there kids can play for them. It is the nature of Today's high school athletics, so I feel as now that the multiplier is the best way to keep all things even.

Its not like that in rural areas. Calhoun is not far from Chattanooga. Ringgold, Fort O, and Rossville aren't far from Calhoun or Chattanooga. The Tri-state area is huge here near Chatt. So that makes it all possible. There aren't may jobs and/or big cities within the driving distance of most schools in the 1A(1A,2A) classification. Most are in rural places near small townsand don't have that option. Its easier near a big city or several bigger towns. Public schools can't do the same as privates either, if a child changes public schools in the same town or classification they have to sit out a year. The multiplier does help some but not all the time. There still needs to be a split.

Good luck to you and your son. Hope u enjoy all that Chattanooga has to offer. Good luck to Boyd tonight.

Edited by HHSBulldogType2001

Well its Game Day. All the talking is over and its time to let the players decide this one. Good luck to both teams tonight. I believe everyone will leave it all on the field tonight. I hope it is a injury free game. I think the Bucs D will be too much for Wartburg, and the offense will do just enough to win again.

Boyd Buc 24

Wartburg 7

Go Bucs! :thumb:

Wartburg has had a good week of practice, they looked fast and healthy. Boyds D lookes pretty tough against the run but I think we will set up our runs by passing. I saw the Unaka vs Boyd film and saw Unaka move the ball pretty good at times. I think Wartburg will do the same they just won't turn the ball over like Unaka. Our defense is pretty solid, sometimes they tend to give up some yards but not points. It looks like Boyds O will probably line up and run straight at Wartburg and try to wear them down. I don't know how well they pass but they probably can. Special teams; The Dogs have given up some yards on kickoffs but do alright every where else. I expect Boyds to be very good.

TONIGHT I'LL BE PULLING FOR THE DOGS!!!

BOYD......21

WARTBURG..34

GO DOGS

That sounds great. Would love to meet you guys. My son is in the 8th grade. He is ready to get going in basketball as we speak. He plays the big "3" sports: Football(QB & WR), Basketball, and Baseball(Pitcher, SS, and CF). He is a big kid at 6'0" 170 and is projected to be at 6'5" by the doctors. He is rated as one of America's who's who at Pitcher by Baseball America and U.S.S.S.A Baseball. He is very excited and has enjoyed just getting to know the school, teachers, coaches, and fellow students this past 2 months!!!

Been around usssa baseball quite a bit, saw teams from all over the US, GA is about as good as it gets nationally,Sounds like you have a talented and fortunate kid. Wish you fellers the best. Its not out of the question that we meet up on the diamond sometime in the future,may already have.