Boyd Buc @ Wartburg

reaction

I'll be real suprised if WB beats BB, Thats not a knock against WB, you guys have had a great season and should be proud. I do believe the QB is better than a left handed chimp. Boyd is just so big on the line and the whole defense is disaplined and quick to the ball ,it will be hard to score many points. If boyd picks off a pass or 2 ,it could be over in a hurry. I will say this ,our QB had time to throw and we had some open people, but you have to get it there quick, they recover in a hurry. It wouldn't be the biggest upset in football history.

Thanks Pujo,

An honest assessment. I have seen a roster and talked with a couple of folks who have said they are very big up front and very disciplined. We will obviously have our hands full, but every game in the playoffs is like that. . On another note, I wish to commend you on your balanced views and astute observations. One of the true Coach T heros and one I always try to read.

Say what you need to say about recruiting, that's fine. You're not telling us anything we haven't heard hundreds of times before. You're not breaking any new ground or sharing original thoughts. It's not for our benefit that you say it, it's for your own.

Say what you want. Its the same from each and every private school that plays with public schools. I'm sure you have heard it many times, I have no doubt. You aren't coming up with any golden morsels yourself. It doesn't benefit me one way or another. You recruit!! Its no excuse, I'm not saying it to make myself feel better. I'm stating the truth. Its no secret, we all know. Don't be ashamed by it. You can say whatever you want, paint a picture that draws the attention away from it. We still know....you recruit. :roflolk:

Edited by TigerDog

D & D you must have watched Wartburg play quite a few times this year seeing as how you know so much about them. Now lets talk about their average spread offense. You say they are not like a machine gun firing plays every 10-15 seconds, well you would be right I do see them them snap it fast occassionally but it appears that they usually line up & see what the defense is giving them & then check to a play that they like against that defense. I think thats a pretty good deal, but I must ask you what does that have to do with running the spread? Thats the no huddle, a lot of spread teams huddle. Wartburg goes with a no huddle approach that has apparently worked quite well for them this year.

Now let us talk some more about what you call average players. I guess they probably are seeing as how none of them will be playing division 1 college football next year but some may play some small college ball either way they are making the most of their Senior year of high school & playing as hard as they can which is all you can ask. I would be willing to say that they are having a much better high school career than you did. I mean I would guess you live a very "average" life at best. Probably not even average considering you have to get on a computer & bash a couple of kids on a computer knowing that here is a good chance they will read it. It must be sad to live such a miserable life that you make yourself feel better by trying to bash on a high school kids football days.

One thing about these average kids they have brought this football program a long way. A few years ago this school had lost 33 games in a row & now they are getting bashed because they arent playing the toughest schedule in the state. Danged if you do danged if you dont. They play competitive teams that they can compete with. Rockwood, Harriman, Midway teams that they play about every year & usually lose to them & now they get critcised for playing them because they won.

No doubt Boyd will be a tough game maybe the best they have played this year. They have won state championships & thats a level that Wartburg hasnt been to. Im sure we will find out Friday if we are ready for that step or not but win or lose it doesnt take away from the success that these boys have had this year.

D&D what school do you cheer for? Must be a team close by. Maybe one that our boys put a spanking on this year? Its obvious you dont like our boys but seriously....GET A LIFE!!!

Good luck to BB Friday & have a safe trip down, but I gotta say Go Dawgs!

Didn't bash anyone. Stated they weren't the best around. I suspect they already know that. Didn't say they were a bunch of no talent bums, in fact I stated they were more talented than most of their predecessors. As for my high school career, I did OK, ain't playing on Sundays but I got to hit some folks. As for my team, this week I'm pullin' for Boyd. As for my life, well let's just say I've been to Wartburg . . . & kept on goin' :roflol:

Edited by downanddistance

Thanks Pujo,

An honest assessment. I have seen a roster and talked with a couple of folks who have said they are very big up front and very disciplined. We will obviously have our hands full, but every game in the playoffs is like that. . On another note, I wish to commend you on your balanced views and astute observations. One of the true Coach T heros and one I always try to read.

I agree. I enjoy reading his posts.

Say what you want. Its the same from each and every private school that plays with private schools. I'm sure you have heard it many times, I have no doubt. You aren't coming up with any golden morsels yourself. It doesn't benefit me one way or another. You recruit!! Its no excuse, I'm not saying it to make myself feel better. I'm stating the truth. Its no secret, we all know. Don't be ashamed by it. You can say whatever you want, paint a picture that draws the attention away from it. We still know....you recruit. :roflolk:

so, what you're saying is, we recruit?

Thanks Pujo,

If you'll go back to page 4 your "coach t hero" agreed with me that this one could get ugly. Pujo is truly a class act & stated it much more PC than I did but it is what it is. Knowledgeable football fans agree WB is a huge underdog this week. Can they beat Boyd? Sure it is possible. Will it happen? I wouldn't put money on it.

Say what you want. Its the same from each and every private school that plays with public schools. I'm sure you have heard it many times, I have no doubt. You aren't coming up with any golden morsels yourself. It doesn't benefit me one way or another. You recruit!! Its no excuse, I'm not saying it to make myself feel better. I'm stating the truth. Its no secret, we all know. Don't be ashamed by it. You can say whatever you want, paint a picture that draws the attention away from it. We still know....you recruit. :roflolk:

It's funny to the people who know that u really don't know and are very ignorant. Let's get um bucs!!!

Thanks Pujo,

I respect every bunch of kids in the state, these kids drop alot of sweat and work their butts off to entertain us on Friday nights. I'd be lost without um. Appreciate the kind words. Wish you guys alot of luck . Its not an impossible task but I do think it will be tough for you guys to match up with them.