Boyd Buc @ Wartburg

reaction

Life is different for alot of people and its not just a choice you have when you come into this world. I'm not a wealthy person by any stretch of the imagination,although I do feel rich in many ways. I consider myself extremely fortunate. I don't look down on the people who has less than I and I don't envy or look up to the people with more. I grew up in a tough world and its made me a very determined parent. I have a home ,plenty of food and can can send my kids to school clean and properly dressed. Thats not the world I grew up in. Plenty of times in my childhood we were without food ,heat and pretty much always dressed in hand me down rags. I don't feel sorry for myself, I feel extremely fortunate that by the grace of God that I never lost my pride and could see that life didn't have to be that way. Abuse was pretty much a daily thing,physically and mentally but for some reason, I never gave up. I saw a better world around me and was fortunate enough to overcome it. I guees as a teenager I grew bitter and lashed out at the world ,but the only person it was hurting was myself. If not for a turn of events , I'd probably be dead or in prison, not many are that fortunate. It strike a mean spot in me when someone such as Bucdaddy has the grapefruits to make the ignorant comments that he made.Even though I grew up in a tough world, plenty of kids have had it alot worse. They,ll have a hard time owning anything. People need thank God for for their blessings and reach out to the unfortunates of the cruel world we live in. But I've also learned over the years that you really can't help most of these people ,they just waste it and reach their hand out for more. Its the only life they know. I still don't look down of um, just wish they could be as fortunate as I was to see that you can be happy and love life. I hope someone can read this and see the world for what it is and make a differene in this real world we live in. As for the Boyd people ,I'm embarressed that you have to rub shoulders with sush an uncaring person as Bucdaddy. Iknow most of you are better than this.

Great post some powerful stuff! :thumb:

Great post some powerful stuff! :thumb:

I guess thats why I love sports as much as I do, they got me through life . I walked several miles to practice and games my who;e childhood,don't recall ever missing one. the coach at Hampton would tag along with me. We learned that even though we didn't have anything that there was 2 or 3 times a week ,we could be special. We were not that gifted or talented, we just had more grit and desire than any of the other kids. Its all we had and the only chance we had to prove to the other kids that we were just as good as any of um. It was a blessing and we were fortunate enough to excel at it. Very few people have the ability to match the passion we posess. This is something I just thought about and its pretty funny now, when we were growining up and played on these ball teams, some times if we won ,some of the parents would take us to a resturant and buy us a hamburger, we thought we had died and went to heaven, I don't recall our parents ever taking us out to eat our whole childhood. Now thats pretty funny. I've got a feeling if any of you ever see my kids play ball,you'll get to see a little of me in them,they will understand how to compete and leave it all on the field. I'm not sure if either of them will ever be standouts, but I bet you;ll know their numbers after the game. The one thing I can't stand is a lack of effort, I expect it in the class room and on the ball field. I think they get my vibes.

I guess thats why I love sports as much as I do, they got me through life . I walked several miles to practice and games my who;e childhood,don't recall ever missing one. the coach at Hampton would tag along with me. We learned that even though we didn't have anything that there was 2 or 3 times a week ,we could be special. We were not that gifted or talented, we just had more grit and desire than any of the other kids. Its all we had and the only chance we had to prove to the other kids that we were just as good as any of um. It was a blessing and we were fortunate enough to excel at it. Very few people have the ability to match the passion we posess. This is something I just thought about and its pretty funny now, when we were growining up and played on these ball teams, some times if we won ,some of the parents would take us to a resturant and buy us a hamburger, we thought we had died and went to heaven, I don't recall our parents ever taking us out to eat our whole childhood. Now thats pretty funny. I've got a feeling if any of you ever see my kids play ball,you'll get to see a little of me in them,they will understand how to compete and leave it all on the field. I'm not sure if either of them will ever be standouts, but I bet you;ll know their numbers after the game. The one thing I can't stand is a lack of effort, I expect it in the class room and on the ball field. I think they get my vibes.

pujo for Coach T Prez. :thumb:

Snoball we need to fire Seven and Reaction I never got the 1st update on the TC game. Congrats on the win.

Whoa now buc55! I sent reaction updates everytime we scored. It was my understanding that he was going to pass them along to you. Now if you want to have this issue resolved by cutting out the middle man, just give the ok for reaction to pass along your # and you'll be added to the list.

Good luck this week Bucs! :thumb:

Edited by SEVEN

pujo for Coach T Prez. :thumb:

I think all of us could tell some great life stories, I guees I'm just a little more open. The way I see things, God already knows all this stuff so I can't hide it from the only one that really counts. Its really not a bad thing to grow up like I did ,whats bad is putting you're children through the same stuff. I learned alot from my situation and it helps me see the bigger picture. The only real hope for any of us is trusting in God. That can be a pretty tough job for people who don't think they need him. I've needed him all my life, doubt that will ever change.

Whoa now buc55! I sent reaction updates everytime we scored. It was my understanding that he was going to pass them along to you. Now if you want to have this issue resolved by cutting out the middle man, just give the ok for reaction to pass along your # and you'll be added to the list.

Good luck this week Bucs! :thumb:

I will let him know

I AM PROUD THAT YOU WENT TO BOYD FROM K-12.LET ME TELL YOU MY STORY AND YOU WON'T BE SO QUICK TO JUDGE MY POST.MY FATHER DIED WHEN I WAS 1 YEAR OLD.I WAS RAISED BY A MOTHER WHO WAS ADDICTED TO CRACK, AKA "CRACK "WHORE" AS SOMEONE PUT IT.I WAS MOVED AROUND FROM FOSTER HOME TO FOSTER HOME BECAUSE MY "GOVERNMENT DEPENDENT" FAMILY MEMBERS COULD NOT HELP RAISE ME.I ATTENDED AN INNER CITY HIGH SCHOOL THAT DID NOT HAVE ADEQUATE TEXT BOOKS FOR THE STUDENTS.I WENT ON TO EARN ACADEMIC AND ATHELETIC SCHOLARSHIPS SO THAT I COULD ATTEND COLLEGE,NOT PELL GRANTS OR STUDENT LOANS.NOW YOU KNOW THAT PART OF MY "HIGH AND MIGHTY" UPBRINGING.AFTER WORKING A JOB,AND PLAYING THE BUTT KISSING POLITICAL GAMES THAT COME ALONG WITH KEEPING A JOB,I QUIT AND STARTED MY OWN BUSINESS.I DID NOT BORROW MONEY TO START MY BUSINESS,BECAUSE YOU KNOW HOW "YOUR" SYSTEM WORKS.YOU KNOW,THE "SYSTEM" THAT HAS CAUSED A LOT OF AMERICANS THEIR HOMES AND JOBS AND MOST OF ALL,THEIR DIGNITY.THERE ARE PEOPLE AT BOYD THAT SHOULD BE ASHAMED TO LIE AND CALL THEMSELVES CHRISTIANS.I KNOW MUSLIMS THAT ARE CLOSER TO GOD THAN THESE PEOPLE WILL EVER BE.SO,THE NEXT TIME YOU WANT TO ATTACK MY SON AND SAY THAT ALL PRIVATE SCHOOLS CHEAT,BE PREPARED.IF YOU CAN DISH OUT THE DIRT, BE PREPARED TO RECEIVE SOME BACK.ALSO,SOMEONE SAID THAT PRIVATE SCHOOLS SHOULD BE "SEPARATE" FROM PUBLIC SCHOOLS.WHERE HAVE I HEARD THAT BEFORE? YEA, I REMEMBER NOW,IT WAS FORMER ALABAMA GOVERNOR GEORGE WALLACE.HOW DID THAT WORK FOR HIM.YOU SHOULD BE PROUD TO RUB SHOULDERS WITH ME.I'M NOT AFRAID TO SPEAK UP WHEN YOU COWARDLY ATTACK ME OR MY SON.

FINAL SCORE : BOYD 40 WARTBURG 10

Edited by BUCDADDY

I AM PROUD THAT YOU WENT TO BOYD FROM K-12.LET ME TELL YOU MY STORY AND YOU WON'T BE SO QUICK TO JUDGE MY POST.MY FATHER DIED WHEN I WAS 1 YEAR OLD.I WAS RAISED BY A MOTHER WHO WAS ADDICTED TO CRACK, AKA "CRACK "WHORE" AS SOMEONE PUT IT.I WAS MOVED AROUND FROM FOSTER HOME TO FOSTER HOME BECAUSE MY "GOVERNMENT DEPENDENT" FAMILY MEMBERS COULD NOT HELP RAISE ME.I ATTENDED AN INNER CITY HIGH SCHOOL THAT DID NOT HAVE ADEQUATE TEXT BOOKS FOR THE STUDENTS.I WENT ON TO EARN ACADEMIC AND ATHELETIC SCHOLARSHIPS SO THAT I COULD ATTEND COLLEGE,NOT PELL GRANTS OR STUDENT LOANS.NOW YOU KNOW THAT PART OF MY "HIGH AND MIGHTY" UPBRINGING.AFTER WORKING A JOB,AND PLAYING THE BUTT KISSING POLITICAL GAMES THAT COME ALONG WITH KEEPING A JOB,I QUIT AND STARTED MY OWN BUSINESS.I DID NOT BORROW MONEY TO START MY BUSINESS,BECAUSE YOU KNOW HOW "YOUR" SYSTEM WORKS.YOU KNOW,THE "SYSTEM" THAT HAS CAUSED A LOT OF AMERICANS THEIR HOMES AND JOBS AND MOST OF ALL,THEIR DIGNITY.THERE ARE PEOPLE AT BOYD THAT SHOULD BE ASHAMED TO LIE AND CALL THEMSELVES CHRISTIANS.I KNOW MUSLIMS THAT ARE CLOSER TO GOD THAN THESE PEOPLE WILL EVER BE.SO,THE NEXT TIME YOU WANT TO ATTACK MY SON AND SAY THAT ALL PRIVATE SCHOOLS CHEAT,BE PREPARED.IF YOU CAN DISH OUT THE DIRT, BE PREPARED TO RECEIVE SOME BACK.ALSO,SOMEONE SAID THAT PRIVATE SCHOOLS SHOULD BE "SEPARATE" FROM PUBLIC SCHOOLS.WHERE HAVE I HEARD THAT BEFORE? YEA, I REMEMBER NOW,IT WAS FORMER ALABAMA GOVERNOR GEORGE WALLACE.HOW DID THAT WORK FOR HIM.YOU SHOULD BE PROUD TO RUB SHOULDERS WITH ME.I'M NOT AFRAID TO SPEAK UP WHEN YOU COWARDLY ATTACK ME OR MY SON.

You need to thak the good lord above that you escaped the situation you were in, if not for some caring people , you would have had a hard time escaping poverty. Don't look down on the people of the world who were not as fortunate. What type of business do you think you would be in if you had stayed with you're mother.

WHAT CARING PEOPLE.FOSTER HOMES ARE NOT MADE UP OF CARING PEOPLE.THEY JUST WANT THE CHECK THAT COMES WITH THE FOSTER KID."WHAT TYPE OF BUSINESS WOULD YOU HAVE BEEN IN IF YOU STAYED WITH YOUR MOTHER".THAT WAS WEAK.I WENT BACK AND RESCUED MY MOTHER FROM HER CRACK ADDICTION.SHE IS DOING VERY WELL TODAY,THANKS TO THE GOOD LORD AND HER SON WHO DID NOT FORGET HER.I NEVER HAVE,AND NEVER WILL LOOK DOWN ON ANYBODY.GOD IS THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN JUDGE ANYBODY.

Edited by BUCDADDY

WHAT CARING PEOPLE.FOSTER HOMES ARE NOT MADE UP OF CARING PEOPLE.THEY JUST WANT THE CHECK THAT COMES WITH THE FOSTER KID."WHAT TYPE OF BUSINESS WOULD YOU HAVE BEEN IN IF YOU STAYED WITH YOUR MOTHER".THAT WAS WEAK.I WENT BACK AND RESCUED MY MOTHER FROM HER CRACK ADDICTION.SHE IS DOING VERY WELL TODAY,THANKS TO THE GOOD LORD AND HER SON WHO DID NOT FORGET HER.I NEVER HAVE,AND NEVER WILL LOOK DOWN ON ANYBODY.GOD IS THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN JUDGE ANYBODY.

The 'system' is pitiful. Always has been always will be. It seems by the tone that you would like to make the separation of public and private schools a black/white issue?! Your analogy I dont understand?

If a school offers any type of scholarship and is known to recruit, let em play in a different division....period! Nothing against any school mentioned on the boards unless they have been found cheating....that doesnt seem to be the case with BB.

Heck, I rub shoulders with all sorts of people from all diff backgrounds...just as long as they realize that a man is nothing more nor anything less than a man! Its all about heart and morals! :thumb: