Boyd Buc @ Wartburg

reaction

Here is why I choose Boyd. I don't make a lot of money and don't own my own company I am a working stiff like a lot of people. There are many other at Boyd the same way. When my son was in 4th grade my wife and I decided to look at a private school for our son. This was because we had a daughter in a public school in Chattanooga that I graduated from. We became disgusted with the school and when my daughter graduated she had a 8th grade reading level. We decided it would be worth the sacrifice to send our child to a private school rather than move. I drive a $2000 dollar car and my wife has the nice $3000 dollar one. We chose Boyd. Because when we went there it was like a family. At ball games all the alum come back to support the team and there are multi generation students that go there just like you would find in a small county. During football games it would be the same atmosphere that you would find at South Pitt,Marion and Hampton [a small town feel in the City]. My son has been recruited for sports but by 2 public schools that I will not name. I think that you would find a lot that Boyd and your small county school would have a lot in common. What makes Boyd special is the families willing to sacrifice for their children. We do have so called rich families but we have a lot like mine.

buc55 Well spoken! Not sure why we are even entertaining this; but you put it well!

Wish we could just keep the chats about what happens on the turf/grass..... ha ha' :rolleyes:

Gee, I thought this was a thread about B-B and Wartburg's game this Friday and folks are on here talking about everything under the sun besides the subject at hand-even got CY Jacket to come out of his 5 year hibernaton!! So, Boyd folks, what are the Bucs strengths, weaknesses? Someone had said that this game "might get ugly" but I just don't see it. I'm sure that Boyd has played some quality opponents this year, but I QUARANTEE they haven't seen a better linebacker than Hutchison and I think that Spence is probably as fast as anybody they've faced, also. I know that I saw Boyd play 8-9 years ago and they were very good. But I honestly believe that this is the best Wartburg team in 30 years, hand down. So who knows, Boyd may get the W friday, but I think thay'll have a real battle on their hands!

Pujo is right......

As for the problems with Hamilton County Schools, the need for "grapefruits" would have been to stay within the system, not drain the best and brightest from the system and make it worse. Leaving the system you pay for and not demanding a change is called no grapefruits.

Now, go Wartburg....Oops, did I say that?... :roflolk:

Good to see you on here CY Jacket, its been along time, I'll be pulling hard for you Coalfield fellers this week. I'm just glad our little country teachers do a good job of teaching the kids in this area, Both my kids are very learned. Not all the kids do quite so well but they have the same teachers as mine. I've always thought about this ,if everyone in the world had their choice,they would choose to be big , ,strong , and good looking. People are just born into different situation and circomstances. We were not all created equal and were not all going to achieve. The one elitest guy on here might need to come down fron his high horse and understand that in the end ,we will be judged by the way we treat the unfortunates of this world. Very few people born into poverty starts their own business,unless they go into the business of drugs or prostitution. Most of um end up on welfare or prison, we can't hold everyone to the same standards,we are mostly a product of our enviroment.All that being said, I salute all hard working people who give it their all to see that their kids do well. I wish all kids had these same kind of parents.

Gee, I thought this was a thread about B-B and Wartburg's game this Friday and folks are on here talking about everything under the sun besides the subject at hand-even got CY Jacket to come out of his 5 year hibernaton!! So, Boyd folks, what are the Bucs strengths, weaknesses? Someone had said that this game "might get ugly" but I just don't see it. I'm sure that Boyd has played some quality opponents this year, but I QUARANTEE they haven't seen a better linebacker than Hutchison and I think that Spence is probably as fast as anybody they've faced, also. I know that I saw Boyd play 8-9 years ago and they were very good. But I honestly believe that this is the best Wartburg team in 30 years, hand down. So who knows, Boyd may get the W friday, but I think thay'll have a real battle on their hands!

Defense is our strength. Our LB are very good. You will hear #33 and #15's names called all night. We are a run first team, but can throw if we have to. We have 1 speedster at RB and 2 power runners. All of them can take it to the house at any time. Have a freshman at QB but he managed the game well at Hampton. Should be a good game. I do not expect our defense to give up more than 2 scores again this week. Hard to score on this D lately. :thumb:

The Bucs are still a growing team that getting better each game. I been waiting all year for the Bucs to play as a team and they come together against Hampton. The offense of line are getting better each game and I must commend the coaches on their game plan against Hampton and Unaka. Our strength on offense is running the ball even though we run the spread offense. If you can stop the run you may win. We have a big line probably biggest( 3 300+) in 2A. We have 4 good backs 24,33,2,and 29. A good combination of speed and power. Our D-fense has been solid all year except the SP game and late in the RB game. Our big hitters are 15,2,and 33 but the whole team swarm to the ball. We defend the run very well and our D-back have really stepped it up in the last 2 games(7 Picks). I would really doubt that anyone or team faster than the kids from the speedway of S. Pitt. but I could be wrong.

I looked at your stats on line, looks like #59 is a beast on D and your QB can throw and run very well. Should be a good game but I think Boyd comes out on top. So what can you tell me about Wartburg

Sorry to get off track Reaction and Buc55, both you guys gave a great description of the Boyd team. The one thing I would ADD is you also have some quatity depth. I also think you are correct in saying you have the biggest line in 2a. I knew they were big ,but I was hoping they were short fat boys,flush that. These boys move pretty well for their size.Another thing I was impressed with was special teams,didn't find a flaw. I don't have a clue about Wartburg , but I thought they would beat OS.

Edited by pujo

The Bucs are still a growing team that getting better each game. I been waiting all year for the Bucs to play as a team and they come together against Hampton. The offense of line are getting better each game and I must commend the coaches on their game plan against Hampton and Unaka. Our strength on offense is running the ball even though we run the spread offense. If you can stop the run you may win. We have a big line probably biggest( 3 300+) in 2A. We have 4 good backs 24,33,2,and 29. A good combination of speed and power. Our D-fense has been solid all year except the SP game and late in the RB game. Our big hitters are 15,2,and 33 but the whole team swarm to the ball. We defend the run very well and our D-back have really stepped it up in the last 2 games(7 Picks). I would really doubt that anyone or team faster than the kids from the speedway of S. Pitt. but I could be wrong.

I looked at your stats on line, looks like #59 is a beast on D and your QB can throw and run very well. Should be a good game but I think Boyd comes out on top. So what can you tell me about Wartburg

finally someone wants to talk about the GAME. Wartburg has alot of senior leadership, they have a very good Defense. #58 is an All State linebacker. #16 & #6 are very good corners. #2 is our safety and somehow always seems to come up with key int's. #34 & #59 are tough d-ends and the tackles are solid and disciplined. All in all I think the entire Defense is fast and tough.

Wartburgs Offense seems to be on track right now. #11 is a dual threat QB a little under sized but very hard to control. #21 is the speed back that has a chance on any play. #16 is the go to reciever who just seems to make plays no matter how many you got on him. #34 gets alot of the tough catches acroos the middle. The O-line is very solid and get a good push off the ball. Special teams are sometimes shaky on kickoff coverage but I think they will have that fixed by Friday.

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS...

GO DOGS!!!

I AM ACTUALLY TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT PRIVATE SCHOOLS CHEATING.LETS BURY THIS ISSUE ONCE AND FOR ALL.IT ACTUALLY BOILS DOWN TO A SPIRIT OF JEALOUSY.THIS ISSUE OF CHEATING ONLY COMES UP WHEN OUR TEAM IS WINNING.CHEATING NEVER IS DISCUSSED WHEN WE WERE GETTING OUR TEETH KICKED IN BY RED BANK,HOWARD,POPE JOHN PAUL AND SOUTH PITTSBURG.SO,WITH ALL DUE RESPECT,QUIT DIMINISHING (BECOMING SMALLER OR LESS OR APPEARING TO DO SO) OUR KIDS EFFORT.THIS TEAM WAS WRITTEN OFF BY THE LOCAL MEDIA AND THE HEAD COACH LAST SPRING.THEY HAD ALREADY GIVEN UP ON THIS TEAM LAST SPRING AND THEY DID IT BY USING THE WORD "REBUILDING" (STARING OVER OR BUILD AGAIN).BACK TO THE SPIRIT OF JEALOUSLY.YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO CHEAT LIKE WE DO,BUT YOU LACK THE "GRAPEFRUITS" TO DO IT.YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A BETTER LIFE FOR YOUR FAMILY,BUT YOU LACK THE "GRAPEFRUITS" TO STEP OUT AND TRY ANYTHING DIFFERENT,LIKE STARTING A BUSINESS.YOU WOULD RATHER WORK A DANG JOB ("Just Over Broke") THAT YOU HATE AND DOES NOT MEET YOUR BASIC NEEDS.THEN AFTER ALL IS SAID AND DONE,WHEN YOU CAN'T POINT THE FINGER AT YOURSELF,YOU DEPEND ON A GOVERNMENT TO MEET YOUR NEEDS AND WHEN THEY FAIL YOU,YOU ELECT SOMEONE THAT CONTINUES TO LIE TO YOU AND TELL YOU THAT THEY CAN MAKE YOUR LIFE BETTER IF YOU ELECT THEM.WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO STAND UP AND FACE THE FACT THAT THE COMMON DENOMINATOR IN YOUR PATHETIC LIFE IS YOU.I SAID IT FINALLY.YOU ARE THE REASON FOR THE SEASON THAT YOUR LIFE IS IN.NOT YOUR MAMA,NOT YOUR DADDY,NOT THE UNCLE THAT "TOUCHED" YOU WHEN YOU WERE YOUNG.THE PROBLEM IS YOU.SO QUIT USING THESE SILLY BLOGS TO MAKE YOUR LIFE WORTH LIVING BY DIMINISHING WHAT THE BOYS FROM BOYD ARE DOING.GROW UP AND GROW SOME "GRAPEFRUITS".PEACE

First thing bucdaddy, in another post, you talked about how the Bucs castrated the Hampton Bulldogs and how they are going to castrate the Wartburg Bulldogs. Now you're talking about people who don't agree with you by saying they don't have any "grapefruits." It makes one wonder what is on your mind these days!

I find it hard to believe that the other Buc posters haven't rebuked you and your high and mighty beliefs. It must be very nice to sit up there on your self righteous pedastel and profile all people who don't own their own business, don't send their kids to a private school, or believe that most private schools recruit. Then you insinuate we are all no-good bums freeloading off the government.

Myself, I do not own a business. I didn't send my kids to a private school and they received a perfectly good education in the public schools of Hamilton and Carter counties. I not only believe it, but I know that most private schools recruit as well as a few public schools.

By the way, I am a Hampton fan and I have never said anything negative about Boyd Buchanan. I have also never accused them of recruiting or cheating.

I sure hope that the other Buc posters don't agree with Bucdaddy's postings.

:thumb:

Edited by hawkman

Of course cyjacket is back on here. The WEATHER if FAIR again for the coalfield FANS like him. :roflol::lol: