Hampton 2010/2011

uknoit2

This. Hampton is a very good 1A team but if both sides want to be brutally honest, the refs did all they could to make sure SH never got a big lead.

My earlier post spoke of the excuses if Hampton played the hill close. Not a surprise.

Never once did I say Hampton was better but if Ward has even a sub par first half, we may have beaten a team we shouldn't have even been within 20 of....that's my opinion!

We give out...plain and simple...I figured as much...but we didn't quit and I can live with that.

I was sure we led more than once. I will watch video, if Im wrong I apologize. But we pulled within single digits late in the game against a team that was to have destroyed us.

Thanks for the sorta compliment! Lol, just messn...good luck to The Hill

im not downing your bulldogs at all watched them play in the when i was in high school you guye ARE good didnt mean anything by that BUT tn high has there worst team inyears you say you beat all these teams in the summer just like every team does but alot are not all teams players playing baseball working on football ect but to say you can play with db or s hill you got to be kidding watch them play in the arbys then give me your thoughts you better put teams away in the arbys or there beat ya uh is terrible and you let them get back i hope you beat everybody that you play because like i said alot of my friends have played there good luck and be ready for some great games next week

Let's see, Hampton beat TN High on their floor and that's because TN High has their worse team ever?

But yet, TN High beat Science Hill today?!! Refs? Missing one player?

When I said Hampton can play with these school....NO, I WASN'T KIDDING! :)

Let's see, Hampton beat TN High on their floor and that's because TN High has their worse team ever?

But yet, TN High beat Science Hill today?!! Refs? Missing one player?

When I said Hampton can play with these school....NO, I WASN'T KIDDING! :)

SH also beat TN High a few weeks ago by 18 points. The team that should win doesn't always do so. We see it in the college game almost weekly. It happens. I don't know the reason for the loss by the Toppers today since I wasn't there but you can stop beating yesterday's game to death. SH won. Hampton lost. End of story.

Edited by AlumnI01

SH also beat TN High a few weeks ago by 18 points. I don't know the reason for the loss by the Toppers today since I wasn't there but you can stop beating yesterday's game to death. SH won, even with something obviously amiss with the officiating. EVERYONE who saw the game yesterday and posted here commented on it. Yes Hampton can play with the big boys. Can Hampton beat them though? The answer to that question for now is NO.

This is my Hampton forum....Ill continue with what dialogue I choose although yesterday's game wasn't mentioned here.

I replied to another's post that Hampton beat an awfully bad TN High team and that Hampton couldn't stay within 20 of the power house programs......

We appreciate the acknowledgment that we can run with the big boys.....and agree, that as of now, we haven't played the last minutes to the degree needed to beat a great program such as SH....

SH also beat TN High a few weeks ago by 18 points. The team that should win doesn't always do so. We see it in the college game almost weekly. It happens. I don't know the reason for the loss by the Toppers today since I wasn't there but you can stop beating yesterday's game to death. SH won. Hampton lost. End of story.

Why edit this post? Thought it was very good, it DID give Hampton a lil credit before......

There is alot of pride that goes into these small school basketball programs at Hampton and Cloudland. Very Little (what you would call natural, great) talent to pick from....they work hard to get where they are and deserve to be respected.

Why edit this post? Thought it was very good, it DID give Hampton a lil credit before......

There is alot of pride that goes into these small school basketball programs at Hampton and Cloudland. Very Little (what you would call natural, great) talent to pick from....they work hard to get where they are and deserve to be respected.

You got your respect. I said after yesterday's game that you guys have a good team. I also said you could play with the big boys and played tough. I'll leave it at that.

You got your respect. I said after yesterday's game that you guys have a good team. I also said you could play with the big boys and played tough. I'll leave it at that.

I find all this conjecture quite comical...for SH people to be complaining about officiating against Hampton is very demeaning...to them...SH plays a very aggressive style, while Hampton sat back in a zone...I wonder who had the opportunity to foul more...it was all right back in the day when "The Hill" would be the beneficiary of the officials non-calls...yet when they are not...they complain...can't have it both ways...I respect SH and pull for them...but give me a break with this nonsense...they lost today and the final 4 points of the game came at the foul line for TH...seems that SH may have a problem with fouling...I wish BOTH teams the best of luck the rest of the season...would LOVE to see them get to the Glass House and compete...

I find all this conjecture quite comical...for SH people to be complaining about oufficiating against Hampton is very demeaning...to them...SH plays a very aggressive style, while Hampton sat back in a zone...I wonder who had the opportunity to foul more...it was all right back in the day when "The Hill" would be the beneficiary of the officials non-calls...yet when they are not...they complain...can't have it both ways...I respect SH and pull for them...but give me a break with this nonsense...they lost today and the final 4 points of the game came at the foul line for TH...seems that SH may have a problem with fouling...I wish BOTH teams the best of luck the rest of the season...would LOVE to see them get to the Glass House and compete...

Spoken well from one that ALL players would give their eye teeth to be anywhere near the player HE was

HaHa...they are much better players than I ever was...but I do have PRIDE in that uniform...and I certainly mean NO disrespect towards SH...I admire their program and coaches...Good Luck to BOTH

I do not agree with the 1st part of this statement. You attained an award in a situation that has yet to be matched! And dominated your position!

PRIDE....If only more kids had that profound virtue.

How could one not respect the Hill? They have a past to be admired by all and are impressive now

I find all this conjecture quite comical...for SH people to be complaining about officiating against Hampton is very demeaning...to them...SH plays a very aggressive style, while Hampton sat back in a zone...I wonder who had the opportunity to foul more...it was all right back in the day when "The Hill" would be the beneficiary of the officials non-calls...yet when they are not...they complain...can't have it both ways...I respect SH and pull for them...but give me a break with this nonsense...they lost today and the final 4 points of the game came at the foul line for TH...seems that SH may have a problem with fouling...I wish BOTH teams the best of luck the rest of the season...would LOVE to see them get to the Glass House and compete...

Its just 2 different styles of basketball, Hampton plays Duke ball. Alot of these talented teams plays Kentucky ball, if Hampton tried to play SH in SH's style ,they'd get beat by 50.Basketball can be played at a good level without great atheletes. Princeton comes to mind.

Where you at the Hampton/SH game yesterday? TONS of people who were at the game, including NON SH fans commented on the poor officiating yesterday. Yes SH fouls. However, something wasn't right as far as the officiating was concerned yesterday and all the comments from people who were at the game yesterday are no coincidence. As far as today's loss by the Toppers goes, I wasn't at the game so I certainly won't try and comment much on it but when close games go down to the wire, there's usually a lot of fouling at the end, so I can only assume that about the end of today's game. You make them earn it from the free throw line at the end of a close game.

Edited by AlumnI01