Hampton 2010/2011

uknoit2

Did you really say.....If Cloudland has about 40 winning seasons in a row they might have close to the same history as Unaka.?????

If you really want to state the facts: Unaka had a 3-4 year period when they were very good. They won a gold ball during that period. Other than that, they have been the whipping post for area teams. Even back in the late 60's and 70's, they were never better than OK. Football and basketball at the Creek has and will always be medicore at best. Baseball is a different story. As you said.... I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feeling here, just stating the facts. Sorry if that upsets some.

I wouldn't worry about it creekerballer. Most cloudlandnites are still a little jealous of the creekers. They have had some pretty good teams the last 6 or 7 years that directly coincided with Unaka having some coaching changes and being a little bit short on talent for a bit. If Cloudland has about 40 winning seasons in a row they might have close to the same history as Unaka. They just forget what JOKE they were for about 30 straight years on the hardwood. I like most of the kids up Cloudland's way and most of the people too, I just think it kind of funny when they talk junk in basketball and forget about their roots. Hampton on the other hand has always been strong for the most part. I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feeling here, just stating the facts. Sorry if that upsets some.

KING, I think Friday would be a great time to meet....BLUENGOLD, I havent made it up to your store yet, so maybe we should all three meet at trophy case?

Maybe ole PUJO will hang with ya so Ill know you are there and Ill bring you two a BULLDOG HAT to wear!!! :roflolk::roflolk:

I'll be fairly easy to spot since I'm the only one of a few who wears an Irish derby. :lol: However, I can think of worse hats than a bulldog hat.

CCoriginal, this Tyler Durden is a fool at best. I remember last year when the Clark kid from Avery was gonna go to Hampton and it didn't happened. He lamblasted Cloudland and vowed that Hampton would whip them anyway. Its kinda fun to wonder what makes his little thinker tick away like an alarm clock of tom-foolery.

I'll be fairly easy to spot since I'm the only one of a few who wears an Irish derby. :lol: However, I can think of worse hats than a bulldog hat.

CCoriginal, this Tyler Durden is a fool at best. I remember last year when the Clark kid from Avery was gonna go to Hampton and it didn't happened. He lamblasted Cloudland and vowed that Hampton would whip them anyway. Its kinda fun to wonder what makes his little thinker tick away like an alarm clock of tom-foolery.

Ahhhh, fellers, when these two teams are on the floor or on the field we're all trash-talkers at worst...but off the field or when one is playing a different opponent, we all get along pretty well!

I know a few players very well from Cloudland and Unaka and that boy of mine thinks the world of em! (until they hit the grid or hardwood :thumb: )

A lil spat over lack of support a few years ago may linger with some, but most here pull pretty hard for the 'Landers and those Rangers.....heck, we loose our heads every now and then and pull for those 'Clones!!! :unsure:

Friday should be a war... and I feel, if fouls dont come into play, we will see Hampton win.

NOW, saying that, if Cloudland is as I hear (I havent seen them play this season) they probably get the win at Cloudland later.

Sets up a heck of a post-season if neither screw up and loose to another conf team!

This is JMO though! We are about to find out!

KING, I think Friday would be a great time to meet....BLUENGOLD, I havent made it up to your store yet, so maybe we should all three meet at trophy case?

Maybe ole PUJO will hang with ya so Ill know you are there and Ill bring you two a BULLDOG HAT to wear!!! :roflolk::roflolk:

I'll be there. See you at the trophy case. I'd rather wear a dunce hat than put anything with a dog as ugly as a bulldog on this balding pate though :roflolk: Can't wait till friday. Huge match-up. Durden as much as I hate to say it(because your posts are almost always very good ones), You do need to check your history. Cloudland was very good in the 60's,70's and early to mid 80's. We only stunk when I played :roflol: Late 80's to early 90's. You definatly hit the nail on the head about coaches though. We got a BIG giftfrom Hampton(Ned and now Brandon) and getting K.Chambers and Rusty from Unaka this year. Keep'em comming guys! Aannyy way back to Fri. nite. The big key for us (and you all) I think is the post play between Bullwinkle and Hill.Don't see either team with an advantage at guard/forward. Potter and Hyden vs. Ward and Hughes is a pretty even matchup IMO. We cannot afford to get Bull in foul trouble because of our depth at post. Games within games, huh? For the record I don't hate Unaka,Hampton or any other school but I do have hard fellings about H.V. and Lizzybethton's superior ways.Felt they always kinda looked down on us(CHS,HHS,and UHS) maybe wrong but I always just got that vibe.

I wanted to go wrestle for Avery but somehow I stayed at Cloudland. I'm glad i did. I wouldn't have hard feelings toward Elizabethton because I think as a whole they are just small town people like we are. They have a few more things to offer as far as athletics go. I've despised the Creekers ever since 1987 when I was a cadet. I was 10 years old and creeker fans were yelling at me. That was the only place I've ever been where half the people needed a padded room. I have dated some very attractive girls from there and made some good friends too. Its just too easy to hate them in sports. Happy Valley? I don't like them either.

No jealousy Tyler. We are not talking about roots, we're talking about the present. It hasn't been just one season. We've put the beginning touches on a new found tradition that may lead to an eventual state championship. The Creekers days are over. I only sense a little animosity from you because we put Hampton out of both tournaments last year. I think Fridays game will be legendary. The best days may be yet to come for these programs. Tyler, I really don't know why you would defend the Creekers. As far as I'm concerned, they can be annexed by Johnson Co and be in social isolation like Shady Valley. :lol:

I think Cloudland had done a great job and I think they could get even better in years to come. I think Carp is a great coach and will do really good up there. I have no problem with Cloudland at all but I just thought it was really funny that someone with as little of a history of being anywhere near relevant in the basketball world would talk junk to someone who does have a gold ball and who considered Cloudland nothing more than another Clinch for many, many, many years. You did not end Hampton's season last year and if I remember correctly Hampton beat the Cloudlanites on their home floor when healthy last year. If they could beat them there, they could beat them anywhere IF they would have been healthy. Also, for the record, Hampton still went just as far as Cloudland did. As far as the Creekers getting annexed by Shady Valley, I'm sure they feel like I do and wish North Carolina would just take you guys! You could be Avery Co. light. :roflol: I think you are wrong about the Creekers being done. I think they will be back very soon.

Did you really say.....If Cloudland has about 40 winning seasons in a row they might have close to the same history as Unaka.?????

If you really want to state the facts: Unaka had a 3-4 year period when they were very good. They won a gold ball during that period. Other than that, they have been the whipping post for area teams. Even back in the late 60's and 70's, they were never better than OK. Football and basketball at the Creek has and will always be medicore at best. Baseball is a different story. As you said.... I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feeling here, just stating the facts. Sorry if that upsets some.

Yep, that is exactly what I said! Really! They were more than pretty good for more than 3 or 4 years....and Cloudland couldn't beat Unaka's JV for more than 3 or 4 years......sorry that upset you!

Hampton is playing like they're in a Charity against some middle school team....justa floating along.

One boring game.....decided to play a lil ball by third qtr.......JV in with 3 minutes to go....Dogs over UH 74-52

Glad we were scouted at this game....didn't show a thing! :)

Yeah, I saw a couple of schools represented tonight, and to be honest, I'm glad we had a game tonight instead of waiting till firday to look like they did tonight. I was a bit worried about this game, coming on the heels of that highly-charged game with Unicoi saturday, and the guys showed the hang-over. By the fourth qurter, however, they FINALLY got it going. I expect practice this week will be pretty brutal, considering the showing tonight, and hopefully they'll come out with a lot more fire friday. Go Dogs!

Yeah, I saw a couple of schools represented tonight, and to be honest, I'm glad we had a game tonight instead of waiting till firday to look like they did tonight. I was a bit worried about this game, coming on the heels of that highly-charged game with Unicoi saturday, and the guys showed the hang-over. By the fourth qurter, however, they FINALLY got it going. I expect practice this week will be pretty brutal, considering the showing tonight, and hopefully they'll come out with a lot more fire friday. Go Dogs!

They'll be ready Friday! Just hope the game is there in the 1st half.....but when they smell the blood in the water and go on one of their runs, they are fun to watch!

Edited by uknoit2

I think Cloudland had done a great job and I think they could get even better in years to come. I think Carp is a great coach and will do really good up there. I have no problem with Cloudland at all but I just thought it was really funny that someone with as little of a history of being anywhere near relevant in the basketball world would talk junk to someone who does have a gold ball and who considered Cloudland nothing more than another Clinch for many, many, many years. You did not end Hampton's season last year and if I remember correctly Hampton beat the Cloudlanites on their home floor when healthy last year. If they could beat them there, they could beat them anywhere IF they would have been healthy. Also, for the record, Hampton still went just as far as Cloudland did. As far as the Creekers getting annexed by Shady Valley, I'm sure they feel like I do and wish North Carolina would just take you guys! You could be Avery Co. light. :roflol: I think you are wrong about the Creekers being done. I think they will be back very soon.

I never said we ended Hampton's season, just put them out of both regional and district tournaments. You don't pay good attention. Whats irrelevant here is your excuses. When you have injuries, your bench is supposed to step up. Thats part of the game. The good teams have a bench to go to when life happens. I really like Hampton and their players. I don't like you and maybe only few other people from down there, but I have a lot of respect for the Hampton nation. As for talking junk, Unaka has only 1 win over the Landers since 2005. I'm talking about the present. If you and the Creekers wanna live in the past go ahead. I'm having fun winning titles NOW. :lol:

I'll be there. See you at the trophy case. I'd rather wear a dunce hat than put anything with a dog as ugly as a bulldog on this balding pate though :roflolk: Can't wait till friday. Huge match-up. Durden as much as I hate to say it(because your posts are almost always very good ones), You do need to check your history. Cloudland was very good in the 60's,70's and early to mid 80's. We only stunk when I played :roflol: Late 80's to early 90's. You definatly hit the nail on the head about coaches though. We got a BIG giftfrom Hampton(Ned and now Brandon) and getting K.Chambers and Rusty from Unaka this year. Keep'em comming guys! Aannyy way back to Fri. nite. The big key for us (and you all) I think is the post play between Bullwinkle and Hill.Don't see either team with an advantage at guard/forward. Potter and Hyden vs. Ward and Hughes is a pretty even matchup IMO. We cannot afford to get Bull in foul trouble because of our depth at post. Games within games, huh? For the record I don't hate Unaka,Hampton or any other school but I do have hard fellings about H.V. and Lizzybethton's superior ways.Felt they always kinda looked down on us(CHS,HHS,and UHS) maybe wrong but I always just got that vibe.

Yes, the 'Landers are loaded in the coacing dept as are the DOGS!

Should be MANY years of war between both the girls and boys.

Friday will determine which coach has put the most time in strategic planning for a game that will be more like a chess match and which team buys into it the most,,,IMO

Bluengold, U WILL WEAR THE BULLDOG HAT!!! :twisted::roflolk:

Edited by uknoit2