Hampton 2010/2011

uknoit2

Yes, the 'Landers are loaded in the coacing dept as are the DOGS!

Should be MANY years of war between both the girls and boys.

Friday will determine which coach has put the most time in strategic planning for a game that will be more like a chess match and which team buys into it the most,,,IMO

Bluengold, U WILL WEAR THE BULLDOG HAT!!! :twisted::roflolk:

Well have traveled around and watched several teams this season and the best game I have seen is the Hampton Unicoi game this past week. It was a dandy! The Bulldogs pulled it out in OT despite the coaching. Watching Hampton over the years you can guess what Hampton is going to do. Really thought Smith was gonna help them this year but seems like they wont let him participate very much. White is unable to get up off the bench and Mathes has too much of an attitude to teach anybody anything so looks like this weeks big game with Cloudland is gonna be a good one. My opinion Hampton has the best talent but Cloudland has superior coaching talent. From some of the fans opinion the powers in charge may have jumped too quick and maybe should have went for the "Carp".

I never said we ended Hampton's season, just put them out of both regional and district tournaments. You don't pay good attention. Whats irrelevant here is your excuses. When you have injuries, your bench is supposed to step up. Thats part of the game. The good teams have a bench to go to when life happens. I really like Hampton and their players. I don't like you and maybe only few other people from down there, but I have a lot of respect for the Hampton nation. As for talking junk, Unaka has only 1 win over the Landers since 2005. I'm talking about the present. If you and the Creekers wanna live in the past go ahead. I'm having fun winning titles NOW. :lol:

def got a fact wrong there, i know of atleast the 7 OT win over cloudland and '09 at Unaka senior night idk about since then and it wasnt you but i remember something about Unaka only having 3 or 4 good years, i recall 10 straight championships by themselves.

def got a fact wrong there, i know of atleast the 7 OT win over cloudland and '09 at Unaka senior night idk about since then and it wasnt you but i remember something about Unaka only having 3 or 4 good years, i recall 10 straight championships by themselves.

You guys are up and coming too. Great talent on the j.v. The Bales boys, t.Dillinger, L.Carrier, and Michel Nave and(can't rembr the name of the tall kid that hurt his knee) are all very good players. My boy plays AAU with some of them and they have a bright future there. These next several years are going to be interesting in this conf. Hampton has several very good kids coming also. C.Mclain is in range when he crosses half court. The cubbard ain't xactly bare up here either. Z.Potter, Hill, Mclellan, Whitehead,and Whitehead are all capable of puttin 20 on the board on any given night. My boy fits right in that mix as well.(Carnett) This will be one of the better districts in all of 1a IMO. Oh, and bring that hat UKNOIT, I've got a special place beside the toilet with it's own little holder just for it :roflol:

Edited by Bluengoldblood

:ugeek:

You guys are up and coming too. Great talent on the j.v. The Bales boys, t.Dillinger, L.Carrier, and Michel Nave and(can't rembr the name of the tall kid that hurt his knee) are all very good players. My boy plays AAU with some of them and they have a bright future there. These next several years are going to be interesting in this conf. Hampton has several very good kids coming also. C.Mclain is in range when he crosses half court. The cubbard ain't xactly bare up here either. Z.Potter, Hill, Mclellan, Whitehead,and Whitehead are all capable of puttin 20 on the board on any given night. My boy fits right in that mix as well.(Carnett) This will be one of the better districts in all of 1a IMO. Oh, and bring that hat UKNOIT, I've got a special place beside the toilet with it's own little holder just for it :roflol:

yeah the freshman class that came from hunter is a good one and baltji could be too hes got upside and he's still growing. havent seen hamptons middle school lately but cloudland had 2 7th graders last year that were very good ball players as well

Well have traveled around and watched several teams this season and the best game I have seen is the Hampton Unicoi game this past week. It was a dandy! The Bulldogs pulled it out in OT despite the coaching. Watching Hampton over the years you can guess what Hampton is going to do. Really thought Smith was gonna help them this year but seems like they wont let him participate very much. White is unable to get up off the bench and Mathes has too much of an attitude to teach anybody anything so looks like this weeks big game with Cloudland is gonna be a good one. My opinion Hampton has the best talent but Cloudland has superior coaching talent. From some of the fans opinion the powers in charge may have jumped too quick and maybe should have went for the "Carp".

Naaaaa, Smith is exactly what we wanted (love Carp though).

I watch VERY closely and Smith is very involved. White does what he knows, but I see defensive and offensive changes coming more quickly this season and those changes all have a lil different look.

Do I wish Smith was even more involved? Yep! And I believe he will continue to do so.

Matheson is a good teacher on the practice floor and even on the bench.... like me, a bit emotional when someone just refuses to stay within game plan and/or doesn't play to their potential.

But, this is the way "I" see it

Edited by uknoit2

:roflolk:

Can't wait to see this one, either team is capable of winning.If either team gets rolling ,it could be a blowout.Hope the stripes do a good job and the fans stay under control.Both schools should be proud of the product we'll be seeing Friday night.

Hard to predict the future of any of these schools,too many things can change in a year or 2 span. As for now , things looks pretty good for all 3 of our little schools.

Can't wait to see this one, either team is capable of winning.If either team gets rolling ,it could be a blowout.Hope the stripes do a good job and the fans stay under control.Both schools should be proud of the product we'll be seeing Friday night.

Hard to predict the future of any of these schools,too many things can change in a year or 2 span. As for now , things looks pretty good for all 3 of our little schools.

:thumb: with everything but the "blowout"...just dont see either team letting that happen...not hardly the same situation as football for us to have any thoughts of a blowout. But, if these boys go on one of their 'rolls' and Cloudland dont match it, we could win by dbl digits.

I dont see that being an easy thing to do though.

I sure wish the 1st game was at Cloudland....Easy to figure out why!

Edited by uknoit2

Naaaaa, Smith is exactly what we wanted (love Carp though).

I watch VERY closely and Smith is very involved. White does what he knows, but I see defensive and offensive changes coming more quickly this season and those changes all have a lil different look.

Do I wish Smith was even more involved? Yep! And I believe he will continue to do so.

Matheson is a good teacher on the practice floor and even on the bench.... like me, a bit emotional when someone just refuses to stay within game plan and/or doesn't play to their potential.

But, this is the way "I" see it

Have noticed myself the defense is better this year. Hopefully they will "peak" near the end of the season, would be great to see a couple of teams go to the big dance. Would be a nice sendoff for White and Matheson!

Have noticed myself the defense is better this year. Hopefully they will "peak" near the end of the season, would be great to see a couple of teams go to the big dance. Would be a nice sendoff for White and Matheson!

Improvements are what I was speaking of exactly ....didn't figure White would just back out, but he's allowed Ned to change and tweek quite a bit.

These boys came up short in the 8th grade then again last year so I believe they have their priorities in proper order this year.

Would be awesome to see these two local teams head down West.