CAK @ Alcoa

Govolsknox

#27 went to hospital for CT's and was discharged home. He won't be up an around normal for a couple of days but should be ok

Great Game! The old saying that "defense wins championships" is true. CAK played as good as game defensively against Alcoa than anyone in recent memory. Very good plan by the Warriors. Alcoa's defense played very will also. If CAK hauls in a couple of those bombs, might be a different story. Nix had his guys ready to go.

But in the end, it was the Alcoa running game to the rescue. The second half, Alcoa took over on the LOS. Long drives consuming huge amount of time kept the CAK offense off the field and limited their chances. No question they are the two best teams on this side of the bracket.

I agree that state needs to rethink the playoff system and consider some kind of cross-bracketing configuration. Back in the early 90's, there was cross braketing where teams from the same region would not see each other again until the semis.

I hope the kid who was injured late for CAK is OK. Somebody from CAK keep everyone updated.

Without a doubt these are the 2 best teams around and this game should have been for the gold ball, man these 2 teams pounded on each other for 48 minutes and they each took the others best shots. Who would have thought this would have been a defensive battle, CAKs defense came to play and for that matter so did Alcoas, these 2 teams are the cream of the crop in this division, one question I asked earlier in the year I know Epperly will be going on to play college ball does anyone konw of any of the other seniors getting any looks? Again hats off to the 2 best teams around. Can't wait till next year. GO WARRIORS

Congrats to CAK on another great game & season. CAK has had the 2nd best team in the state in our classification the last 3 out of 5 years. IMO... Their coaching staff has done a really nice job. :thumb:

Now for my Tornadoes... Coaching was the difference for us tonight. I will give CAK a lot of credit BUT we didn't play our best game OR coach our best game. CAK had something to do with that. However the kickoff to start the game was a terrible call. It dictated the whole 1st quarter. The 3 down lineman instead of 4 was killing me. The return game was a non factor and we were not even putting pressure on their punter. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THAT. If CAK would have had a fake punt called on the couple of punts they would have gotten it. That could get us beat if were not careful. I was so mad at not even trying to return a punt. It was like we were going through the motions. Play calling was really bad IMO... I usually don't criticize the coaches but this was not one of their shining moments.

I also hope #27 is ok. He took a big shot to the chest.

I feel drained and still somewhat emotional about it all right now so I'll not say too much until I watch the film, sleep on it, and post with a clearer head tomorrow.

I believe Alcoa shut us out in 2008, but we have to go all the way back to 2003 to find another game where we were held to just 3 pts. We let some scoring opportunities slip through our fingers, we've just got to find a way to carpe diem (seize the moment).

Hope Alcoa takes it all again this year. Go rep the region like you always do. :thumb:

Since CAK Started its own football program in the fall of 2002 their has only been 3 teams to hold us with out a touchdown ...Webb in 2002 ( 46-3)/ Alcoa in 2006 ( 42-0)/ Alcoa in 2010 (14-3)......... 2008 is actually the closet we had been to beating them until tonight!! 28-7 ( regular season) and 28-14 ( playoffs).... in

As for #27 the receiver who received the big hit at the end of the game! The latest news i have herd was that it was a big time concussion and that they did not think that there was any bleeding in his brain but wanted to check it out just to make sure!! .......As for the game I don't even know where to start! what a game! both Defensives played lights out! i don't believe i have ever seen both offensiveness struggle like they did tonight! just a great game all around!!! ......as for my boys in Blue and Gold I loved playing with you guys when i was a senior and you guys were just freshmen and sophomores! I have loved watching you guys grow into men and some pretty darn good ball players!! the club of losing to alcoa isn't a fun one!! but you will remember this night and this season for the rest of your lives!! I love you guys and keep those grades up and get u a education after high school!!!!!....................and good luck to Alcoa Go win state! Rep the Region well ( like u always do)

Congrats to CAK on another great game & season. CAK has had the 2nd best team in the state in our classification the last 3 out of 5 years. IMO... Their coaching staff has done a really nice job. :thumb:

Now for my Tornadoes... Coaching was the difference for us tonight. I will give CAK a lot of credit BUT we didn't play our best game OR coach our best game. CAK had something to do with that. However the kickoff to start the game was a terrible call. It dictated the whole 1st quarter. The 3 down lineman instead of 4 was killing me. The return game was a non factor and we were not even putting pressure on their punter. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THAT. If CAK would have had a fake punt called on the couple of punts they would have gotten it. That could get us beat if were not careful. I was so mad at not even trying to return a punt. It was like we were going through the motions. Play calling was really bad IMO... I usually don't criticize the coaches but this was not one of their shining moments.

I also hope #27 is ok. He took a big shot to the chest.

Listen if there is one thing i have learned in my years around these coaches there is one thing for sure there was a reason for the things that they were doing. As for the CAK coaches that were in the press box very tacky getting all giddy and screaming yes and good when #2 went down.(came back later and is ok just cramps)Coach whomever you are that was to put it just simply wrong and I hope you have time during your off season to think about how you react to a kid being down. It is never good when someone is hurt. Edited by alcoadaddy

Listen if there is one thing i have learned in my years around these coaches there is one thing for sure there was a reason for the things that they were doing. As for the CAK coaches that were in the press box very tacky getting all giddy and screaming yes and good when #2 went down.(came back later and is ok just cramps)Coach whomever you are that was to put it just simply wrong and I hope you have time during your off season to think about how you react to a kid being down. It is never good when someone is hurt.

Don't go there.......emotions where high on both sides. I don't think for a minute that the coaches where "giddy" over Tyson getting hurt, but the fact their defense stopped the play. This was a great game!

Don't go there.......emotions where high on both sides. I don't think for a minute that the coaches where "giddy" over Tyson getting hurt, but the fact their defense stopped the play. This was a great game!

exactly what i was going to say.

Anyway... I will now be posting as a former player. I'll never forget that game and the brothers that I played it with. Like someone said earlier, it was a war. We were one bad call (block in the back on #18 on a punt return down to the 5. ref came back and told one of our coaches that it was a clean block) and a one unfortunate drop away from winning 17-14. Both defenses played lights out. Credit several players on both sides for playing injured. #2 was playing with cracked ribs AND back spasms. I know a couple of the Alcoa backs were also playing injured. hats off to Alcoa for stepping up and getting it done like you always do. The ALcoa players are always some of the best in terms of sportsmen ship that we play, year in and year out. It was no different last night, until #16's apparently ridiculously cheap shot on #27. I was watching the ball and did not see it so I can't make a judgement. Anyway, go win state. I'll be disappointed if I dont see #1 and #4 play on Saturdays. If #4 played for a passing team, he'd be the number one WR prospect in the state. He catches everything.

CAK fought their guts out tonight, just didnt quite get it done. Congradulations to my fellow Warriors on an incredible season :thumb: