CAK @ Alcoa

Govolsknox

It did not look like you were throwing stones, and you don't owe anybody an apology. A message board poster who wasn't on the field with you last night is trying to be picky with your wording to distract from the fact that the shot was indeed ridiculously cheap and unnecessary. The insult was made worse by the fact that none of the officials saw it or, if they did, had the guts the pull their flag. Kind of soured the end of an otherwise exceptional ball game by both teams. Hold your head high, Warrior, you fought the battle well.

You're right a biased kid standing on the sidelines digging in his butt had a better view of a hit that happened directly in front of me last night. Shame on me for knowing what Im talking about. :rolleyes:

You're right a biased kid standing on the sidelines digging in his butt had a better view of a hit that happened directly in front of me last night. Shame on me for knowing what Im talking about. :rolleyes:

GoddardField, if you knew why the young man was standing on the sidelines instead of being out on the field trading helmet paint, you might be inclined to cut him a little slack. He's had more to deal with in the past year or so than most people have to face in a lifetime. Through it all, he's maintained a positive outlook, had his faith strengthened, and become a source of inspiration for his classmates...and their families. In fact if you knew the whole story, you'd probably be ashamed of yourself.

Having said that, he did clarify his initial statement.

Peace.

GoddardField, if you knew why the young man was standing on the sidelines instead of being out on the field trading helmet paint, you might be inclined to cut him a little slack. He's had more to deal with in the past year or so than most people have to face in a lifetime. Through it all, he's maintained a positive outlook, had his faith strengthened, and become a source of inspiration for his classmates...and their families. In fact if you knew the whole story, you'd probably be ashamed of yourself.

Peace.

You beat me to this one...Jordan is an inspiration to a lot of people in the community and should be held in high regard no matter how bitter the CAK-Alcoa rivalry has become.

GF, you no doubt had no idea of this, but if you did, I know you would never had come across as you did.

Jordan's Story

Stick with LAW TD! Football is just not your cup of tea! :thumb:

It's quite sad that you have to make things so personal. Does it make you feel better about yourself? Stop and think before you answer that.

All I did was come to the defense of one of our boys who was being, in my opinion, unfairly picked on by the guy who takes his name from your football field. I obviously am not as much of a football expert as you; you seem to believe that you know everything. I'm beginning to realize that APB has a little class, even though he and I might have different views on some things. I can't say the same about you.

Your posts are just not nearly as funny as you seem to think they are. So, whatever your job is, you might ought to stick to it and spend a little less time telling me what to do. Have a nice day.

Ok, my son will kill me but this is Warrior011's old man. Just a couple of comments. First, 011 isn't Jordan-but all that has been said about Jordan by APB is correct. Second, my son has been on the field regularly for the last two years against Alcoa and has a better perspective than all of us old flatulence producers combined. He consistently talks about the class and humor of the vast majority of Alcoa players. He had fun covering #4 and points to the gouges in his helmet left by #1 and #2 with some pride-particularly when it was accompanied with being part of a tackle of a guy 70 lbs bigger and faster than you. There has been one consistent exception to that and it probably doesn't need to go further than that. No team, including CAKs, is ever going to have a set of perfect kids. Having said that, I'll end with comments I overheard from two Alcoa parents walking to the car--

"did you see that last hit (on #27)?" "Yea, that was borderline" "No, that was cheap."

Thanks to the vast majority of Alcoa fans, players and posters for their class or at least consistent humor (APB, my son and I will miss most of your pictures). Goddard--wow, dude, you've got some issues.

If you are looking for someone to blame for that hit, look no further than your QB. Anytime a QB throws a ball that high, the receivers are fully exposed to shots like that delivered to #27. The Polk Co. folks pointed this fact out after the Polk CAK game last week. Flags stayed in pockets because the hit was perfectly legal.

Last night's game was a hard fought high school classic and should not be tainted by this play. Congrats CAK on another great season.

That pass wasnt intended for #27. If it had been, maybe the hit would've been understandable. But the ball wasnt even going to him. But like someone else said earlier, this one play shouldnt taint an otherwise classic gridiron war

It's quite sad that you have to make things so personal. Does it make you feel better about yourself? Stop and think before you answer that.

All I did was come to the defense of one of our boys who was being, in my opinion, unfairly picked on by the guy who takes his name from your football field. I obviously am not as much of a football expert as you; you seem to believe that you know everything. I'm beginning to realize that APB has a little class, even though he and I might have different views on some things. I can't say the same about you.

Your posts are just not nearly as funny as you seem to think they are. So, whatever your job is, you might ought to stick to it and spend a little less time telling me what to do. Have a nice day.

Thanks TD! In no means am I trying to be funny! I took your post about the hit in Friday nights game to be very ignorant. I'm sorry that we don't agree, however, if the circumstance had been switched, I doubt very seriously that you would have gotten on CoachT and accused a CAK player of being dirty. It was a big hit. I hope the kid is okay! This is football not touch football. Every receiver knows that if you go across the middle, there is ALWAYS a chance of getting hit. Again, I could care less about what you think, and I'm sure you feel the same about me. In the future, please, don't make accusations off the top of your head. I'm tired of arguing this subject with you. Have a good day as well.

P.S. I can't receive your personal message because I don't make enough money to subscribe!!!

Thanks TD! In no means am I trying to be funny! I took your post about the hit in Friday nights game to be very ignorant. I'm sorry that we don't agree, however, if the circumstance had been switched, I doubt very seriously that you would have gotten on CoachT and accused a CAK player of being dirty. It was a big hit. I hope the kid is okay! This is football not touch football. Every receiver knows that if you go across the middle, there is ALWAYS a chance of getting hit. Again, I could care less about what you think, and I'm sure you feel the same about me. In the future, please, don't make accusations off the top of your head. I'm tired of arguing this subject with you. Have a good day as well.

P.S. I can't receive your personal message because I don't make enough money to subscribe!!!

See Warrior 11's post above--If a CAK player made that kind of cheap shot against a defenseless Alcoa receiver after the ball was already past him, and the receiver had lowered his hands because he had no chance of catching it, and there's a good chance the ball wasn't even intended for him anyway, I would acknowledge that the player made a cheap shot. If you look around, you might notice that some of the staunchest defenders of Alcoa on here are not jumping to 16's defense on this one. But if you watched the same play that I saw and don't think it was a cheap shot, then we live in two different realities. I will tell you though, that I've spoken to literally dozens of people who watched from the CAK bleachers and haven't found one yet who thought it was a clean play by 16. So if I'm "ignorant" on this issue, I'm in some good company among many people whose opinions I respect highly.

See Warrior 11's post above--If a CAK player made that kind of cheap shot against a defenseless Alcoa receiver after the ball was already past him, and the receiver had lowered his hands because he had no chance of catching it, and there's a good chance the ball wasn't even intended for him anyway, I would acknowledge that the player made a cheap shot. If you look around, you might notice that some of the staunchest defenders of Alcoa on here are not jumping to 16's defense on this one. But if you watched the same play that I saw and don't think it was a cheap shot, then we live in two different realities. I will tell you though, that I've spoken to literally dozens of people who watched from the CAK bleachers and haven't found one yet who thought it was a clean play by 16. So if I'm "ignorant" on this issue, I'm in some good company among many people whose opinions I respect highly.

And I can tell you I spoke to literally dozens of people who watched from the Alcoa bleachers who thought it was a clean hit, apparently the referees agreed.

Peace.

Well it sucks for that Jordan kid and I hope everything turns out alright for him but as its been said Warrior011 isnt Jordan so that's neither here nor there. That being said, IF you dont see the hit then you dont need to say it was cheap/dirty. I never saw the helmets collide, the play happened too fast for me to judge that but Im not coming on here saying "Oh it was a clean legal hit".

Which brings me to my next point, does the TSSAA rule book even have anything against helmet to helmet hits? Ive tried to search for it but Ive yet to find anything. If by chance that its outlawed in NCAA and NFL but not TSSAA (which knowing them it wouldnt surprise me) then it wasnt a dirty hit. It was completely legal. Im sure TSSAA has something against it though.

Well it sucks for that Jordan kid and I hope everything turns out alright for him but as its been said Warrior011 isnt Jordan so that's neither here nor there. That being said, IF you dont see the hit then you dont need to say it was cheap/dirty. I never saw the helmets collide, the play happened too fast for me to judge that but Im not coming on here saying "Oh it was a clean legal hit".

Which brings me to my next point, does the TSSAA rule book even have anything against helmet to helmet hits? Ive tried to search for it but Ive yet to find anything. If by chance that its outlawed in NCAA and NFL but not TSSAA (which knowing them it wouldnt surprise me) then it wasnt a dirty hit. It was completely legal. Im sure TSSAA has something against it though.

I have seen a "helmet to helmet" penalty called, it is NOT legal in Tennessee.

Edited by JuniorsDad