Maryville vs. Oak Ridge

Red Rebels

This says otherwise....

Don't start unfounded rumors

Also, this is from the TSSAA website...

"In Division I, the higher seeded team shall be the host school. If the two schools are the same seed, in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. In even-numbered years the bottom team in each bracket shall be the host team."

Maryville is a #2 seed and Oak Ridge is a #5 seed, ergo, Maryville is the host team....

Edited by EarlVolFan

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was extremely impressed with Oak Ridge's victory of Riverdale. I am pretty excited to see these two traditional powerhouses play for a chance to play in the State Championship. I have to say though with how Maryville has dominated so far in the playoffs I have a feeling Maryville will win this one. My prediction is Maryville 31, Oak ridge 21. I hope for a great game and hopefully can actually go to this one. :thumb:

Should be a good game. It's amazing how Oak Ridge has turned it on down the stretch, I'm extremely impressed by the Wildcats run. I think this one will be a lot closer than some would say...especially if Oak Ridge holds onto the ball. Plus, Coach Blade knows how to beat Maryville in the postseason. I say Oak Ridge in a close one...24-21.

Should be a good game. It's amazing how Oak Ridge has turned it on down the stretch, I'm extremely impressed by the Wildcats run. I think this one will be a lot closer than some would say...especially if Oak Ridge holds onto the ball. Plus, Coach Blade knows how to beat Maryville in the postseason. I say Oak Ridge in a close one...24-21.

I would love to see OR pull it out, but its hard to bet against Maryville in a game like this. I say Maryville 28-20.

You must be looking for a vicarious experience... :popcorneater:

Greyrider, I think the poster is referring to the time that Coach Blade's Hillsboro team beat Maryville in the state championship game, but failed to mention the outcome of the last two OR/Maryville games which I believe had a combined score of 57-21 in favor of Maryville. In fairness, he did say "in the playoffs".