Maryville vs. Oak Ridge

Red Rebels

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oak Ridge will come out fired up and it should be very interesting early. However Maryville's depth will be a factor in the second half. Maryville 38 Oak Ridge 17

pretty close!If Greeneville can take care of the second half,I'm thinking of catching both games next week.Good luck to the Oak Ridge seniors,you guys have come a long ways since I seen you in 2008.Thanks "Red Rebels" for the info on the game and good luck to your fine program next week in bringing another one back east

Edited by BatmanDB

Proud of the Cats.Thanks for a great year.A very young team who never quit and always would bring the pain win or lose.What a year 2011 can be.Cant wait to see how good Normand will be as a JR and how much Zullinger improves for his last go at it.Oak Ridge is BACK and as long as Blade is coach its not goin to change.Also would like to think Maryville for being such a great host.Very nice people and great coaches who do it the right way.Go bring back that chip to East TN

Thought it was a hard fought football game and both teams represented themselves well.

I wish the refs would get better control of these playoff games though. I love when they "let'em play" but when these kids and coaches figure it out on the field any given night they go crazy. I watched BOTH teams holding almost every play and when a player scores a touchdown and is turning to find the ref to give him the ball and is horse collared seven yards deep in the endzone right in front of the ref....... you decide. I didn't buy a ticket to watch the zebras but keep control please.

The wildcats will be tuff next year and teams will have to win at blankenship next year.

Zulliger has heart like few high school players I have ever seen, he's 100% every play, great year.

Normand, get stronger, you've already got them hearing footsteps.

Fantastic year wildcats, I hope your as proud of yourselves as this city is of you.

Thought it was a hard fought football game and both teams represented themselves well.

I wish the refs would get better control of these playoff games though. I love when they "let'em play" but when these kids and coaches figure it out on the field any given night they go crazy. I watched BOTH teams holding almost every play and when a player scores a touchdown and is turning to find the ref to give him the ball and is horse collared seven yards deep in the endzone right in front of the ref....... you decide. I didn't buy a ticket to watch the zebras but keep control please.

The wildcats will be tuff next year and teams will have to win at blankenship next year.

Zulliger has heart like few high school players I have ever seen, he's 100% every play, great year.

Normand, get stronger, you've already got them hearing footsteps.

Fantastic year wildcats, I hope your as proud of yourselves as this city is of you.

great post 3 wiggle..

first of all i want to congratulate the fine team and staff of maryville... outstanding team and a great football team with great tough hard nosed kids... Robinette was something else tonight.. i can remember at least a few times OR had him sacked for huge losses and he found a way to escape and get the ball to his guys, great player.. that kid can move too.. OR i want you to know as a fan how proud i am of you.. this team coulda packed it in , but they didnt... a lot of heart and soul on this team.. They were fighting tooth and nail on defense even when the game was out of reach and stoned maryville 4th and less that one yard, so much heart.. love it... Seniors, keep your head held high, gave us a great ride this year, and with this season i think the oak ridge of old is coming back.. Zulliger, wow! what else can you say? the kid just has heart, thats about all you can say about him... and last ,but not least, please stay at oak ridge coach blade!!!! lol

again, congrats maryville, hope you win it all!