Boyd Buc @ Signal Mountain

reaction

You know I don't remember anyone from Boyd talking this way last year when our girls kicked Signal Mountain's butt in volleyball. I don't have a daugther still on the team. She was one of the 4 seniors that graduated off of last year's State Championship team. Boyd played with a setter who was an 8th grader. For those of you who don't know the importance of a setter, the setter on the team is like a point guard on a basketball team. For Boyd to make it back to the Championship match with an 8th grade setter speaks volumes for what they accomplished this year. I might add that this was the 4th year in a row that Boyd made an appearance in the State Tournament. In 2008 we were the only Class A school in the field with Class AA teams and we were state runner up that year. That gave our girls the drive to make it back last year and they dominated many schools including Signal. The 2009 Lady Bucs State Champsionship team had wins over larger schools like Soddy Daisy and Red Bank during tournament last year too Mountain Troll....Rachel Harper, who is a senior this year, is probably one of the best volleyball players to come out of Chattanooga. She signed a scholarship with Carson Newman...show some respect.

smoke2.gif

You know I don't remember anyone from Boyd talking this way last year when our girls kicked Signal Mountain's butt in volleyball. I don't have a daugther still on the team. She was one of the 4 seniors that graduated off of last year's State Championship team. Boyd played with a setter who was an 8th grader. For those of you who don't know the importance of a setter, the setter on the team is like a point guard on a basketball team. For Boyd to make it back to the Championship match with an 8th grade setter speaks volumes for what they accomplished this year. I might add that this was the 4th year in a row that Boyd made an appearance in the State Tournament. In 2008 we were the only Class A school in the field with Class AA teams and we were state runner up that year. That gave our girls the drive to make it back last year and they dominated many schools including Signal. The 2009 Lady Bucs State Champsionship team had wins over larger schools like Soddy Daisy and Red Bank during tournament last year too Mountain Troll....Rachel Harper, who is a senior this year, is probably one of the best volleyball players to come out of Chattanooga. She signed a scholarship with Carson Newman...show some respect.

x6evc6.jpg

I will be pulling for SM, but if Boyd wins I will be all in for Boyd to win it all.

On another note, it saddens me some to see all the trash talking on here. patback.gif I understand it is mostly in fun, but a lot isn't. The game is for the kids and about the kids, not the parents or those who use to play.

Me too!

I kinda like Reaction and Buc55, so I probably would have too, until tonight.:roflol:

If Boyd wins, I think the Troll will be sittin' with Butchie. He's more my kind of folk.:thumb:

I prefer our solid white travelin' ones like we wore at South Pitt and Trousdale.:twisted::roflolk:

I’m kind of a fan of mix and match red & black. All white or all black are good too, but not a fan of the all red at all. Heck even white and black or red would be good.

Talking uni’s guess it’s good to get these trivial things out of the way on Sunday.

Seriously? :lol: I just had to delete my original response because I was sure it was going to hurt someones feelings.

As to another SM Issue, and I'm reluctant to mention because I want to keep it on SM and Bucs game this week, but enough people have asked. Here's the update: I just talked to our mascot student. He's been down most of the weekend and won't be at school tomorrow. Busted ribs, stinging neck, hurt tailbone, and a concussion. He never saw it coming. And no, he was not heading toward midfield and was not going to try to plant that plugged PVC pipe in the field.

SM 48

BB 21

Go Eagles!

For Sale: Yard bird costume. Some scaring and kick marks. Slightly soiled, but hardly used.

The Goat sez: Slightly soiled?? I thought he didn't see it coming! :roflolk:

Thought I better give you BBS folks a head's up. They's been some changes in the Signal Mountain roster for this week.:roflolk:

SMMHS_001-1.jpg

What is this mess all about? I garuntee you that this is not the same Signal boys that played us earlier in the year. If those other boys that played Griders team are illegal and thats why they are not in the picture, Signal will be in trouble with the TSSAA. If these are the players Signal has now, then Boyd Buchanan will probably win this game. These Signal boys better be lifting weights this week to get alot bigger or they will lose and their season will be over. You think im joking but im not.