Lexington Vs Trezevant 4A Semi's

rfbatboy

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trezvant is the highest seed so they deserve to play at home money shouldnt be an issue and go bigred!!!!!

Mixed feelings on this one,Trezvant does deserve the game at home but,nothing wrong with Lexington trying to aquire the home field either.If any hard feelings exist by the Bear fans(I would not be happy if it were my team),they need to be directed toward whomever is truly responsible for the very idea to begin with.If,in fact it's Trezvants' coach...well I could come closer to understanding the need for funds,but it'd still be selling out an advantage achieved by the team for monetary gain.

if the decision to change the venue goes through, you can bet that i will pen a very strong letter as well as call every number i and many others can find to voice our disapproval of such an action. Trezevant has earned the right to host this game. it has already been announced statewide that they would be hosting, and myself and several family and friends will be attending this game. it is, without a doubt, the biggest game in the history of the Trezevant football program. they have earned the right to play it at home, and now, all for the ALMIGHTY dollar, the TSSAA wants to strip a very worthy team of a home game in front of their fans.

I hope that MCS (Memphis City Schools) have the mindset to keep the game in Memphis for all the city fans. this game will be a great one for this school.

Coach Teli White has taken this program to heights not seen in this community in decades. They have earned this game at home.

It was up to Trezevant as to if they would move the game or not the whole time! It is not like someone was trying to make them do something they did not want to do! It is not like they will have home field advantage, the field is miles away from thier school campus and chances are that Lexington will bring more fans than Trezevant! Lexington has had more fans than the home team at all but maybe one road game this year. Just don't want people to think anyone was trying to take anything away from the Bears. It was an option and they did not want to do it so, game on Friday at Green Hill Stadium!

As far as the dirty play comment by the DHS fan...really? Did you see them play? I have a couple of times this year and they play hard and fast.....no dirtier than DHS or any other team.

Let the game be played where it should be and good luck to both teams!!!

not a dhs fan ,yes I saw them play DC and several Bears played dirty until flagged then were disciplinced by coach ..they are small in numbers 28-30 but are fast and play hard

on playing at home .. many Memphis schools dont have their onwn field sharing 4-5 fields in different parts of the city nearest to their school ...Ridgeway is also playing at nearest field to their school ..Halle

sadly typically Memphis inner city schools dont have team support ..kudos to the Bears on advancing

You do realize your own coach was ok with this game being in Lexington because he knew he would get a lot more money from it, right? Might want to talk to him first if you have problems with it ever being discussed and getting as far as it did. The TSSAA wasn't trying to force this down anyone's throat.

This is probably the first time in the history of man a Memphis school hasn't followed what could get them more money.

You should try and make the drive man. Lexington is making HISTORY and it will most definately be a great game! It may be a long drive but I'd say it's worth it, and the more Lexington fans the better!

You do realize your own coach was ok with this game being in Lexington because he knew he would get a lot more money from it, right? Might want to talk to him first if you have problems with it ever being discussed and getting as far as it did. The TSSAA wasn't trying to force this down anyone's throat.

This is probably the first time in the history of man a Memphis school hasn't followed what could get them more money.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Everyone needs to quit complaining about the game having a possibility of being moved. It's not going to be so stop arguing about it...that's history. The game is gonna be in Memphis-like it or not. It's not about the location, it's about the teams. Face it, both teams got where they are now because they deserved it. Let's be good about it and enjoy the game. And if you really can't make the drive yourself call someone in Lexington and pay $15 bucks to ride the bus going. Simple as that.

GO BIG RED!!!

Everyone needs to quit complaining about the game having a possibility of being moved. It's not going to be so stop arguing about it...that's history. The game is gonna be in Memphis-like it or not. It's not about the location, it's about the teams. Face it, both teams got where they are now because they deserved it. Let's be good about it and enjoy the game. And if you really can't make the drive yourself call someone in Lexington and pay $15 bucks to ride the bus going. Simple as that.

GO BIG RED!!!

[/quote

They dont really seemd to be complaining just talking about the possiblites and some of the beneifts of it if it happended whitch is not gonna happen. In The original lines of the topic, how do you see this game playing out?