Whitehaven vs. Smyrna

Red Rebels

Have a happy Thanksgiving everybody! I pray you Smyrna fans have a safe trip to and from our fair city come Friday. I wish that you all have a wonderful time while you are here, except for the outcome of the game ... Go Whitehaven! ... and that you have a wonderful week end afterwards.

Go Tigers!

So funny to me that Maryville (who has had great success in 4A) is comparing themselves to the only 5A back-to-back public school champions...but hey obviously East Tennessee is great at football, no denying that. Just really funny how you have yet to win with the big boys, yet have the biggest mouth....White Station took it to you guys last year, be honest, Smyrna has yet to lose in a State Championship, to go along with the rest of District 7 who has lost what...1 state championship game?

Whitestation came out of nowhere and won pretty big for a Championship game. They weren't ranked in any natl polls, lost a couple of reg season games, not a lot of hype about them and they won it! Fella's....no one really knows who the better team actually is until about 9:30 friday night.

So funny to me that Maryville (who has had great success in 4A) is comparing themselves to the only 5A back-to-back public school champions...but hey obviously East Tennessee is great at football, no denying that. Just really funny how you have yet to win with the big boys, yet have the biggest mouth....White Station took it to you guys last year, be honest, Smyrna has yet to lose in a State Championship, to go along with the rest of District 7 who has lost what...1 state championship game?

What I find funny is........that you think there is any "comparison" at all between these two programs.

Now, let me see.......has Smyrna ever held the longest active winning streak in the country? Don't think so.....

Has Smyrna ever won back to back to back to back state titles? Don't think so.

I don't care what level of ball you're playing...1A all the way thru 6a now. That is an accomplishment that nobody else in this state can even fathom. Alcoa may be the only other school that will ever have a shot at the win streak.....oh wait, they are only a little ole 2A program, so they must not be able to compete with the big bad 6A schools. Hold on..... That's right, they have beaten Maryville the past two years. I guess that makes that argument mute.

When Smyrna has won 74 games straight, and at least 4 state championships in a row......then you can try and compare them to Maryville.

What I find funny is........that you think there is any "comparison" at all between these two programs.

Now, let me see.......has Smyrna ever held the longest active winning streak in the country? Don't think so.....

I don't care what level of ball you're playing...1A all the way thru 6a now. That is an accomplishment that nobody else in this state can even fathom. Alcoa may be the only other school that will ever have a shot at the win streak.....oh wait, they are only a little ole 2A program, so they must not be able to compete with the big bad 6A schools. Hold on..... That's right, they have beaten Maryville the past two years. I guess that makes that argument mute.

When Smyrna has won 74 games straight, and at least 4 state championships in a row......then you can try and compare them to Maryville.

Alcoa is 3A Maryville had the longest streak in state not country. And We may not have any state titles..but we are the only team in state history to win it back to back..oh and both those years we were supposed to suck :thumb:

I thought Independence High School out of Charlotte had the longest streak in the country? Maybe it was for Strekers (nude guys running)

Alcoa is 3A Maryville had the longest streak in state not country. And We may not have any state titles..but we are the only team in state history to win it back to back..oh and both those years we were supposed to suck :thumb:

Going into the state championship game, the year that Hillsboro ended the streak, Maryville had the longest win streak in the country. The team ahead of them (pardon me for not remembering who it was) lost either the night before, or earlier that day. So, it may have been by default.....but, even tho it was for a short time, Maryville held that honor.

Oh.....congrats on your two in a row.........I'd have placed bets on either Maryville, or Alcoa against the 5A finalists those years.

Going into the state championship game, the year that Hillsboro ended the streak, Maryville had the longest win streak in the country. The team ahead of them (pardon me for not remembering who it was) lost either the night before, or earlier that day. So, it may have been by default.....but, even tho it was for a short time, Maryville held that honor.

Oh.....congrats on your two in a row.........I'd have placed bets on either Maryville, or Alcoa against the 5A finalists those years.

Let me get this straight.. You held the longest streak in the country for a couple of hours?