Whitehaven vs. Smyrna

Red Rebels

Really a shame for Smyrna.

Ever since 6th grade I can remember #5 and #45 being close buddies and studs on the football team. They went through Middle School dominating competition. I even recall talking to them their Freshmen year how they used to talk to each other on the field during kick offs debating "who would take this one back to the house." #5 was as lucky to get his Middle School jersey retired during his Freshmen year of High School ball. There was always a silent debate whether who had more impact in the High School game, I will not touch that argument. I've seen both players countless times make plays that were jaw dropping and have amazing games (see #5's performance as a True Freshmen vs Independence 5A State Championship.) But somehow, it seems like it will be a disappointment. #5 is questionable while #45 is doubtful, it's really a shame they will not get to lead their own team to a chance for a championship.

With that being said, I think (as much as it pains me to say being a Smyrna Alumni), this is it...I think this is where my last ties to SHS leave the school ringless. Whitehaven seems to be playing well, they had a pretty good season last year, they have Smyrna on the 3 hour bus ride (probably 4 the way school buses are), and more importantly Smyrna's Mr. Football Lineman is out, along with their Pitt commitment. Now I know Smyrna is a deep team, at HB they showed that, at WR they have some great athletes, TE is a very underrated position for the Bulldogs, and of course both lines and the defense are fairly deep. I just think there is too much going against the Bulldogs. Not to mention the fact if they get past this game who they'll most likely be playing. I wish emotions could carry you 2 more games, I wish players never had to miss games, but it just seems like everything is going right for Whitehaven.

Final Score:

Whitehaven - 17

Smyrna - 13

Hoping I'm wrong...

ALSO:

Nice little video of Smyrna vs Blackman last Friday

Smyrna is a Balanced team more tendency to run than pass. A mobile quarterback who throws the deep ball well. What about Whitehaven? Any video/high lights on them? Key players to watch for? D1 recruits?

Edited by t3a cups

Ever since 6th grade I can remember #5 and #45 being close buddies and studs on the football team. They went through Middle School dominating competition. I even recall talking to them their Freshmen year how they used to talk to each other on the field during kick offs debating "who would take this one back to the house." #5 was as lucky to get his Middle School jersey retired during his Freshmen year of High School ball. There was always a silent debate whether who had more impact in the High School game, I will not touch that argument. I've seen both players countless times make plays that were jaw dropping and have amazing games (see #5's performance as a True Freshmen vs Independence 5A State Championship.) But somehow, it seems like it will be a disappointment. #5 is questionable while #45 is doubtful, it's really a shame they will not get to lead their own team to a chance for a championship.

With that being said, I think (as much as it pains me to say being a Smyrna Alumni), this is it...I think this is where my last ties to SHS leave the school ringless. Whitehaven seems to be playing well, they had a pretty good season last year, they have Smyrna on the 3 hour bus ride (probably 4 the way school buses are), and more importantly Smyrna's Mr. Football Lineman is out, along with their Pitt commitment. Now I know Smyrna is a deep team, at HB they showed that, at WR they have some great athletes, TE is a very underrated position for the Bulldogs, and of course both lines and the defense are fairly deep. I just think there is too much going against the Bulldogs. Not to mention the fact if they get past this game who they'll most likely be playing. I wish emotions could carry you 2 more games, I wish players never had to miss games, but it just seems like everything is going right for Whitehaven.

Final Score:

Whitehaven - 17

Smyrna - 13

Hoping I'm wrong...

ALSO:

Smyrna is a Balanced team more tendency to run than pass. A mobile quarterback who throws the deep ball well. What about Whitehaven? Any video/high lights on them? Key players to watch for? D1 recruits?

What happened to Deon #45 did not even know he was hurt!!!!

What happened to Deon #45 did not even know he was hurt!!!!

The paper said he tore a tendon in his hand last week (against MJ) and the doctors told him he would need surgery in 7 to 10 days or risk losing feeling in the hand or finger... pretty courageous kid to play against blackman knowing that.

Edited by StarRaider

The paper said he tore a tendon in his hand last week (against MJ) and the doctors told him he would need surgery in 7 to 10 days or risk losing feeling in the hand or finger... pretty courageous kid to play against blackman knowing that.

Wow this is not good. I was already nervous about the game but that just makes my stomach turn. Hopefully some other guys can step up if neither one can play but, it will be very tough to overcome if just one of them is out.

Final Score:

Whitehaven - 17

Smyrna - 13

Hoping I'm wrong...

ALSO:

I think there is video on youtube under Whitehaven Tiger football.

Lots of people thought there is no way we could win without Bryson. Now they are saying the defense is not going to be able to get it done without Deon. This team is too deep to let one injury sink the ship. Like i said last week, it will be different but others will get it done. That is what championship programs do. Go Dawgs!!!