Whitehaven vs. Smyrna

Red Rebels

Whitehaven has good size but they are not as good as WhiteStation was. Maryville should handle them based on coaching alone.

Not so fast, my friend!!! :excl:

[Hey, KWC, DannyQ, Blackhaven Senator and all the other Whitehaven faithful-- pardon me for jumping in... Man, I just HAD to get my 2-cents worth in, in defense of your Tigers! Yall gonna have to hurry up and help me out here, now. I have a sneaking suspicion that I've opened up a can of worms :D No doubt, you Cats know a whole lot more about your team than I do.

Anyway, while I'm not necessarily projecting the Whitehaven Tigers as the next 6A State Champs, I genuinely believe that they are a better all-around team than the 2009 White Station Spartans team that defeated Maryville for the State Championship:

-------------------------------------

1) Defense -- Whitehaven's defense is exponentially superior!

2) Offense -- the Tigers' offense is equally prolific and balanced, but (perhaps, perhaps) not as explosive. Although, the more I think about it...Whitehaven's offense has been EXTREMELY explosive of late!

3) Special teams -- Again, Julian Burton was really Mr. Everything for White Station. Whitehaven "platoons."

4) Playmakers -- White Station really only had 2 or 3. Whitehaven easily matches that, if not exceed it...

5) Kicking game -- The 2009 Spartans might have the slight edge there, maybe...

6) Execution -- Edge to White Station, although Whitehaven has really cleaned up its act these past two games.

7) Team Speed -- Whitehaven is EASILY as fast as was White Station.

8) Coaching -- (sorry, I can't touch this one!)

----------------------------------------

Volunteer Coach, in looking at the above categories....I just don't see how one can legitimately and genuinely conclude that this Whitehaven team is "not as good" as the 2009 White Station Spartans.

Botton line: Whitehaven is a Bona Fide 6A State Championship contender! :thumb:

Edited by TraderB

[Hey, KWC, DannyQ, Blackhaven Senator and all the other Whitehaven faithful-- pardon me for jumping in... Man, I just HAD to get my 2-cents worth in, in defense of your Tigers! Yall gonna have to hurry up and help me out here, now. I have a sneaking suspicion that I've opened up a can of worms :D No doubt, you Cats know a whole lot more about your team than I do.

Anyway, while I'm not necessarily projecting the Whitehaven Tigers as the next 6A State Champs, I genuinely believe that they are a better all-around team than the 2009 White Station Spartans team that defeated Maryville for the State Championship:

2) Offense -- the Tigers' offense is equally prolific and balanced, but (perhaps, perhaps) not as explosive. Although, the more I think about it...Whitehaven's offense has been EXTREMELY explosive of late!

3) Special teams -- Again, Julian Burton was really Mr. Everything for White Station. Whitehaven "platoons."

4) Playmakers -- White Station really only had 2 or 3. Whitehaven easily matches that, if not exceed it...

6) Execution -- Edge to White Station, although Whitehaven has really cleaned up its act these past two games.

Volunteer Coach, in looking at the above categories....I just don't see how one can legitimately and genuinely conclude that this Whitehaven team is "not as good" as the 2009 White Station Spartans.

Well i guess White Station had better look out...oh wait...your not playing white station your playing

the 6a #1 ranked team in the state !

TraderB, you always give good unbiased observations. As a Spartan fan, I can agree that this years Whitehaven team is a 6A championship contender. But experience over the past few years has shown that once a team clears our area in the playoffs, the team they face from Nashville area is going to be a strong test. If Whitehaven can bring it as they did vs G'town, I think they have a great shot to get to the title game. But I do belive Smyrna will be the best Whitehaven has seen this year.

Regarding if this years Whitehaven team is better than last years WS team....that has yet to be determined. The Haven has always had the talent to be in "the best" discussion. But even this year, they failed to put 2 halves of quality play together until the Wooddale game, then again vs G'town. If they continue this trend, watchout everyone east of Memphis! But if they revert back to the way they played during the regular season, they won't get past Smyrna.

I'm hoping they get it done and get a Gold Ball for their trophy case!

Edited by Spartansfan

Thats it you guys dont mind us. Nothing to talk about. Forget all about little ole Smyrna. Nothing to see here. just go on and look right past us.

I really enjoy the banter here on coachT, but I will say this once and 1 time only... Forget all the trash talk and what not. The Boys play the game. LIP SERVICE IS NOT NEEDED... Simple and plain I get tired of the utter DISRESPECT Middle and East Tenn. gives the MEMPHIS-Shelby Metro area when it comes to football!!! Come Friday night people on here will understand why they should get used to seeing and hearing..........

RESPECT DA HAVEN

I really enjoy the banter here on coachT, but I will say this once and 1 time only... Forget all the trash talk and what not. The Boys play the game. LIP SERVICE IS NOT NEEDED... Simple and plain I get tired of the utter DISRESPECT Middle and East Tenn. gives the MEMPHIS-Shelby Metro area when it comes to football!!! Come Friday night people on here will understand why they should get used to seeing and hearing..........

RESPECT DA HAVEN

[/qu

This "respect da haven" is so boring....

Edited by AmericanBullDog

I went to the boro Friday night and saw 2 of the best defenses I'd seen in a while. I have heard that White Haven has a good defense also. This should be a defensive battle. I believe Smyrna has the edge due to the quality of teams they've played and before you peeps start, this is my opinion. Not trying to change anybody's mind. Just stating my opinion.

Good luck to both teams and Go Bulldogs.

I would have to disagree about Whitehaven not being better than last year's White Station team. They have a better defense and are much more physical and talented. No Whitehaven doesn't have a Julian Burton, but they do have a slew of playmakers all across their team. And Whitehaven is somewhat balanced, but are equally explosive in the run and pass.