Whitehaven vs. Smyrna

Red Rebels

Neely's, Corky's and Rendezvous are for tourists. I would suggest Cozy Corner, Payne's, Tom's, G-town Commissary and Central BBQ.

As for the football, I think Smyrna wins by a point or two.

Thanks for the suggestions! But you gave us too many to choose from, can you narrow it down to your top two choices. Bulldog fans apparently we will be playing at Whitehaven's home field. Same zip code as Graceland. Should be an interesting place to play.

Whitehaven does have a home field on campus....and it is very hostile!!! Just ask Germantown. As for the BBQ, The Commissary in Germantown and The BBQ Shop on Madison Ave. are local favorites. The home field advantage might be the difference in this game. Whitehaven is huge with athletic and fast playmakers. Will be a tough game. Smyrna will not come into Memphis and push this team around. Whitehaven is hungry. They had never made past the quarter finals until last night. They are very well coached. They are on a mission.

Whitehaven has their own stadium on campus. It's not huge but it will make for an awesome Thanksgiving atmosphere next week! Did I mention the atmosphere?

P.S. The Commissary is in Germantown just across the tracks (yes Germantown has tracks too!)but it certainly is worth leaving Rutherford County early to dine in this little dive!

Rendezvous is still hard to beat as is Jim Neely's!

Did I mention the atmosphere at D'Haven??

Question for Smyrna fans.

I have not seen Smyrna play, but is Smyrna a team that focuses more on the run or the pass. Because one insight that I can tell you about Whitehaven's defense is that hardly no one will be able to run against this Whitehaven defense, except maybe South Panola. And even S. Panola may not be able to pile on the yards against this stout run defense.

Question for Smyrna fans.

I have not seen Smyrna play, but is Smyrna a team that focuses more on the run or the pass. Because one insight that I can tell you about Whitehaven's defense is that hardly no one will be able to run against this Whitehaven defense, except maybe South Panola. And even S. Panola may not be able to pile on the yards against this stout run defense.

Smyrna is a very good running team and a good passing team, however, we will take what the defense is willing to gvie us. Blackman has one of the best D's in the state and we had over 300 hundred yards rushing without our best runningback last nite.Smyrna will not be like any team whitehaven has faced in the playoffs.Befor lastnites win smyrna was ranked #30 in the country and #1 defense in the state.

How about a map to Neelys or Monels :thumb:

Smyrna is a very good running team and a good passing team, however, we will take what the defense is willing to gvie us. Blackman has one of the best D's in the state and we had over 300 hundred yards rushing without our best runningback last nite.Smyrna will not be like any team whitehaven has faced in the playoffs.Befor lastnites win smyrna was ranked #30 in the country and #1 defense in the state.

How about a map to Neelys or Monels :thumb:

Whitehaven has given up only 100 points through 13 games. Smyrna has given up 156. Whitehaven also has one of the best defenses in the state. Respect the Haven.

I don't think Smyrna has played anyone like Whitehaven. We play a very physical style of football. Respect the Haven.

dis 7AAA is ranked 8th in the nation and we beat everyone in our district some twice. Im sure some of those teams were at least close to whitehaven tallent.

Now to the important stuff...where is Neeley's ?

I don't think Smyrna has played anyone like Whitehaven. We play a very physical style of football. Respect the Haven.

Seriously. Smyrna's schedule and playoff run has been packed with nothing but the top teams in the state. If it has been done in football this year we have seen it and beat it. "If you can't run with the BIG DOGS stay on the porch. You best fear the Dawgs!!!" :angry:

Edited by milo118