Coalfield vs. South Pittsburg

Roy Dillard

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crowe, no chip on our shoulder, we beat Coalfield every time we played them with the exception of the 2007 game. I just don't appreciate their late hits and personal fouls. By the way, I'm suprised that it took this long, but the 1st play of the 2nd qtr was a personal foul against the Sweat Bees. Trying to twist the ankle of a Pirate player after he was tackled out of bounds........"Par for the course" I would say.

Pirates 20-0 2nd qtr.

Actully you lost to coalfield in the playoffs in 2006 and lost in 2007. since you had to vacate wins for playing illegal players, bought players, you hold no victories against coalfield, or several other schools.

The score was very similar to what the Pirates did to the Lambs up at GCA in the semi-final game last year. :roflol:

You're right, I posted earlier that it would be similar. GCA scored 14 on the 1st string Pirates (before they woke up and started the rout). The sweat bees had to score on the 3 stringers. Maybe they will give you a better game next year.

Good luck in Cookeville, I will be pulling for the Pirates.

You're right, I posted earlier that it would be similar. GCA scored 14 on the 1st string Pirates (before they woke up and started the rout). The sweat bees had to score on the 3 stringers. Maybe they will give you a better game next year.

Coalfield had a couple of good drives in the 1st half and turned it over on downs inside the 10. They are a very very young team and I could see the being good next year and very very good in 2 and 3 years out. People better pay attention to them and give them some respect. I give them credit for bringing some wood last night.

Maybe they can give them a better game next year. One thing is for sure, they are not banned from the post season. :thumb: