Dobyns bennett off season thread

WaCoJaCo

Funny.

Say what you want about Morgan, but he has done more with less. That 'powerhouse' that we had in the early 90's lasted all of about two years. That 'powerhouse' produced exactly one state tournament victory. We beat a Haywood Co. team that featured Tony Delk. I was there.

How many teams has he beat that he shouldn't have? Several. He has taken several very average teams to the state. He hasn't had near the talent that Shipley had in his 'powerhouse' of the early 90's. He hasn't had a single player as good as Black, Carnes or Mills. Maybe not even as good as Fred Smith.

How many teams has GC beat that he shouldn't have? How many teams has he lost to that he shouldn't have?

No it's not funny at all. You don't mess with a kids education and their future, just so you can control the situation. I'm not saying he is a bad coach and I don't see were Waco did but everything Waco said is 100% true. As far as Clark goes, atleast he tries to help his players get a start in life with scholarships and disapline, not trying to control them and Morgan refuses to do so. Morgan has went as far as he has because of the strength of schedule, not because he turned frogs into princes. This is not a basketball thread and I will leave it there.

Edited by FootballMania

Funny.

Say what you want about Morgan, but he has done more with less. That 'powerhouse' that we had in the early 90's lasted all of about two years. That 'powerhouse' produced exactly one state tournament victory. We beat a Haywood Co. team that featured Tony Delk. I was there.

How many teams has he beat that he shouldn't have? Several. He has taken several very average teams to the state. He hasn't had near the talent that Shipley had in his 'powerhouse' of the early 90's. He hasn't had a single player as good as Black, Carnes or Mills. Maybe not even as good as Fred Smith.

How many teams has GC beat that he shouldn't have? How many teams has he lost to that he shouldn't have?

Im not sure how this turned into a comparison of Morgan and Clark but I'll go ahead and take the bait. I can only think of two teams that Morgan has beat that he shouldn't have Knox West last year and Bearden the year before. As for Clark Im pretty sure he has won a bunch that he wasn't supposed to. MBA, Oak Ridge, Sevier Co. Jefferson Co. last year at South the whole Tri-Cities turned out to watch us get destroyed by the Rebels and what happened? Yeah. we couldn't beat a pee-wee team in the playoffs but Clark is hard to beat in regular season no matter who he's playing. I never said Morgan was a bad coach. He's just not a coach that will ever produce a powerhouse type team or ever win a game in the state tourny. If you want to compair football and basketball compair going to a DB basketball game against a DB football game. That will answer all your questions.

BS x1000.The first time you wrote a couple of years ago,you didn't know the name to go with the number when tossing praise.By the end,it was a fight to even talk of another lineman being great on the team.Now your just happen to be standing in a crowd of parents and players at the Big 8 banquet and overhear something but know nothing ? You know every little detail about a player on and off the field but "know nothing ? Still,you have to toss a barb at another player who is getting his due.I will put it this way.You can try to be a glory God all you want to,but if the talent isn't there,you will never be invited to the US Army All American combine.We have a player that has done that and is as fine a young man as any this years team had to offer,on and off the field...............

Wow,

Well a couple of years ago I did Not know numbers to go with names and as far as a fight as to talking about another lineman well I think you got it reversed. I called you out on promoting your friends kids and your kids friends and YOU DO, just like now!!! You won't give another kid the time of day and yes Ive looked at your post.I stated who I thought was the best lineman which I'm entitled to do and you have cried about it ever since. Did I break a rule Yes I was at the big 8 banquet supporting one of my friends kids, is their a problem with that. $15.00 a ticket you can invite anyone you want or did you change that rule? I didnt over here the conversation, I was in the midst of it. I was in the conversation but the conversation was about why he was not playing basketball The only thing said about football was he went on a visit to GA Tech, he missed several important chances playing in some bowl games because he started playing Basketball and he had just got informed that night he had been chose for the Border Bowl. It all revolved around Basketball. I think you have an obsession, really. Nothing I said in the above post has anything to do with another player on our team. I stated the reasons why I like this young man and the fact that I know many that think very highley of him all around. Since you mentioned it in that way though I really could work you over and challenge you on alot more but I won't due to the fact that I won't throw a Barb at you at his expense. I know more about your hero than I do my own. :lol:

Edited by FootballMania

This "fight" the two of you are having over a couple of players is not very becoming of either of you. This has been going on for almost a year. Its really pretty silly. And the worst of it is having "me" call you out on it. I mean how low do you have to go to have WaCoJaCo tell you to calm down.

Playing stupid doesn't cut it,but you are good to say the least.You didn't know your "friends" kid's number? Make it 10,000 x

What??? my friends kid goes to another school, genious. Don't kill yourself trying to figure it out :oops: You sound so childish and desperate :ph34r: .

What in my post trashed one of our players??? Really, is this just a ploy to keep him on the boards more without breaking the highest level of being an idiot. When you said All-American Army you added him in the equation, which is not what I was talking about. I was talking about no specific kid except Hall. I'm beginning to think your on their payroll.

Edited by FootballMania

This "fight" the two of you are having over a couple of players is not very becoming of either of you. This has been going on for almost a year. Its really pretty silly. And the worst of it is having "me" call you out on it. I mean how low do you have to go to have WaCoJaCo tell you to calm down.

It is ridiculous, I agree. I simply stated why I like Hall and respected him. I said nothing about a specific kid period nor was I aiming it at any specific Kid. He must feel this way about the kid cause he is the one relating him to my post. He called me out that my post was BS, WHY even go there.

From everything I've heard its the same as this year. I wish we could drop Farragut and Clinton and go with Maryville and Oak Ridge. We desperately need some beef on our schedule. Two losses to those to teams would be better than two wins over Farragut and Clinton come playoff time.

I'm not sure why Clinton would want another series with DB. They usually don't have teams like they did in 2008 and 2007 every year.

As for the Vikes, from what I've heard they've picked Jeff Co. and Johnson Co. in place of Greeneville and East.

Edited by THSVikings2004

I will try and find out but I swear I thought he HAD gotten picked. If anyone else know, please let us know.

Maybe he is playing in the kentucky verse Tennessee game I know your only allowed to play in two all star games and you do get s ring for playing in that game it is January 15

If I've seen it right,Greeneville is picking up Alcoa.I like their confidence but bringing the Devils down to earth won't take long after that matchup.If you have the horses it doesn't matter what your schedule is like.Alcoa could play Erwin or Maryville ten times and be good enough to run the 3A table either way.They are the only team that is that dominate in their class right now.There is hope for all the rest if they have the right team at the right time.DB just needs to get the best athlete's out every year and get them as big-strong and fast as they can.I like the changes in the youth programs and GC having a little more say,but parents have got to get their kids after it at home as well to help in the future.I would like to bring Alcoa in to J Fred,but Wouldn't be talking to much smack before the game.

I agree 100%. This BS about D-B needing to strengthen their schedule to succeed in the playoffs is just that...........BS. Greeneville played a mess of cupcakes this year and won the state. You have to have the horses. But, you are correct, even though I think it's admirable of the Devils to play Alcoa, it will be a beat down. And you will NEVER see D-B schedule Alcoa. Maryville is the only 6A team with the balls to do so.