Dobyns bennett off season thread

WaCoJaCo

From everything I've heard its the same as this year. I wish we could drop Farragut and Clinton and go with Maryville and Oak Ridge. We desperately need some beef on our schedule. Two losses to those to teams would be better than two wins over Farragut and Clinton come playoff time.

South @ D-B 9/2/11

ADDITUP.BS x1000 had nothing to do with anything said by a player.I have no beef with any player and think every one of our offensive linemen were fine young men.It just makes me sick for anyone to put a kid down,over and over again.That's what the BS is about.You have to read through the BS to see what is really being said.I don't know why anyone can't just be an honest bastd and brag on someone without constantly throwing another kid under the bus.I'll say this.From the first time they posted,we all knew it was someone very close to the player.I don't see the need to cover up and be a liar.I used my real name on here and defended DB in every possible way before doing the same as BatmanDB.It's not a matter of who is right but a matter of who is low.To threaten and slander a kid on an open web page is pretty low.I would make sure the glass is safe around the glass house I was living in.Now,I don't care if that happens to be dead on and the truth hurts,because it is dead on and they know it.they know it,they know ittt

Man you are simply crazy. Ive never threatened a kid on here. I did say something like I could take a real jab at you but I won't do that at his expense. I'm messing with you. That was in response to a post you had made on here. Ive never slandered him either. I felt one was the total package and one was a very good player but needed work in some areas but I also said he was just a junior and had time. That was my opinion. You try and analyze everything I say but it's funny, no one sees it and comments on it but you. I think your lineman is a good kid and comes from a fine family (which I said before)I simply pointed out my thoughts and it was not slander or threats. Now you have gone to far. The end of your post makes no sense either. I'm done with this issue. YOUR A CRYBABY!!!!!!!!!!!

ADDITUP.BS x1000 had nothing to do with anything said by a player.I have no beef with any player and think every one of our offensive linemen were fine young men.It just makes me sick for anyone to put a kid down,over and over again.That's what the BS is about.You have to read through the BS to see what is really being said.I don't know why anyone can't just be an honest bastd and brag on someone without constantly throwing another kid under the bus.I'll say this.From the first time they posted,we all knew it was someone very close to the player.I don't see the need to cover up and be a liar.I used my real name on here and defended DB in every possible way before doing the same as BatmanDB.It's not a matter of who is right but a matter of who is low.To threaten and slander a kid on an open web page is pretty low.I would make sure the glass is safe around the glass house I was living in.Now,I don't care if that happens to be dead on and the truth hurts,because it is dead on and they know it.they know it,they know ittt

Slander: To make a FALSE statement that damages anothers reputation.

Threaten: To show an intention to do harm or something unwanted.

Ive done neither, nor would I. I could say your a crybaby and you suck at debating. That is not slander, it's my opinion.

I got tired of you pushing one or two people on here every year, so i decided to call you out and debate you and man, it's been a big ordeal every since. It's really not about either of these boys, it's about you and me. I'll call it quits and let you have it, just don't try and throw lemon juice in my eyes. Like I said it's not about either of these boys. You like one and I like the other and thats that. This is really getting old.

Mania,your the one that has looked like a deer in the headlights on this debate.You called one of our players slow and slow footed.You said another player could whip him all over the field.My offer to you or your sidekick stands.In response to those remarks,I'll bet whatever as to Hayworth getting the best college offers compared to any offensive lineman we have had in the last few years.That doesn't throw anyone under the bus but does end the debate as to who is slow and all those derogatory cuts.I'll cry all the way to the bank :roflolk:

He is slow and I stand by what I said. I didnt say he wasnt any good and it wasnt meant as a bashing and colleges have told him the same thing. It's something he needs to work on. I don't recall saying someone could whip him all over the field but I do remember saying one could run circles around him. Yes he will get a great scholarship due to his size and due to the fact his parents are getting him highly publisized and thats what it takes. It's not cause he had some awesome year (I'm not saying he had a bad one either, before you go there) Where ever he goes is the place that will truely learn him to play. Alot of good athletes get over looked because they don't get their name out there. You can take what I said and twist it however you like but I didnt slander nor threaten him by no means and some of your saying are just plain ridiculous :mrgreen: .

Let me see if I can settle this. Cory Hall was the better player this year. He was the quicker player and got down field to make blocks better. I always thought Hall would make a good tight end but we don't use one much in our offense. Im not sure if he has the hands for it but seems like he should being a good basketball player also. He might be a good fit in the ACC but if not I'd like to see him go to Appy. State. When Hayworth came on varsity as a soph. and after seeing him play a few games I didn't think he would amount to much (at the time) I believe my thinking was clouded by his size and I forgot about him just being a 10th grader. I guess he worked his butt off to get better over the summer because he was a beast this year. And was a good leader also. If he improves as much over this off season then Id say he'll be able to name the college. Tennessee I hope. In this argument you have to remember one was a Senior and one was a Junior. We shouldn't be making these comparisons. 1 year is a long time in the development of a high school football player.

Mania,your the one that has looked like a deer in the headlights on this debate.You called one of our players slow and slow footed.You said another player could whip him all over the field.My offer to you or your sidekick stands.In response to those remarks,I'll bet whatever as to Hayworth getting the best college offers compared to any offensive lineman we have had in the last few years.That doesn't throw anyone under the bus but does end the debate as to who is slow and all those derogatory cuts.I'll cry all the way to the bank :roflolk:

Mr Batman sir,

please chill out. No one is saying that Ty is not good, and that he will not go to a good school. only thing that is being pointed out is that he does have some work to do. Ty has been told he has to work on his speed and his footwork. He knows this and he will work on it hopefully. NO one is dogging him for the bowl game. I only said lets see how he comes out against other kids that are not from around here. Maybe you just needed to hear it from Waco. He said the same thing that FM and I said. I also said that a person will speak more highly of the person they like and may just make a general comment on the others,that's that persons right and opinion. I don't think FM attacked or said anything different that you have said on here. He supports his guy and you support yours. I just wanted to say that Ty was not the only person to put in work out there. Like Waco said also one was a Jr and the other was a Sr. To me i think Hall was a better player and could move better than Ty. My opinion, and that's who i saw be a little more productive on the field. If you have the tapes you will see that Hall simply moves a lot quicker and gets down the field. In the Boone game at one point you can see Ty go low on a guy and the next few plays they just started jumping over him. Most of Ty hits are pancakes and really nothing else. Not many blocks down field not many continuous hits or clearing people out just the initial hit and he is down. He is big and that will get him in but if he has not learned to move his feet and get down field a little more he will be very limited.Remember Refrigerator Perry? only went in to punch a TD in every now and then but he was a beast in college. Mr Delaney was a football player from DB and he was and is Huge, he talked to some the guys during camp when he came and he said being big is great, you can hit, you can tackle but to do it all you got to be able to move!!! I think you and Mr Waco are great supporters of DB football but I think Mr Waco has a way of seeing the whole game and you sometimes watch a player instead of the team. No debate, no argument, just my opinion and i don't even know FM so no side partner. Everyone supports the team, but every one also has a favorite and thats who you will always pull for a little harder than the others. I love Steele and Sensabaugh but I think Hall and Meece made it come together and put in some work on that line and Sr or Jr they deserved some respect and acknowledgment also.

I was reading on a Riverdale thread this morning and saw the below statement from Lost Old DAD concerning their coach's play calling;

Coach has not figured out LOTS of things. Man has been neglecting the small details that determine a Gold Ball WINNER and one that CHOKES!

I'm not saying that Clark choked this year in calling plays, but I think he did very well. The point that really came across to me was "small details that determine a Gold Ball WINNER". Weight room, skill, play calling, execution, dedication, just to name a few of our team's qualities are very good. But the reason it seems that we always come up short of a complete year are the small details of the game fundamentals. Such as; snapping of the ball, missed short field goals, wrapping up on tackles, dead-ball penalties, etc. I would hope that the DB coaching staff would begin to pay more attention to these "small details" and then I believe we would see the gold ball come up this way.

I was reading on a Riverdale thread this morning and saw the below statement from Lost Old DAD concerning their coach's play calling;

Coach has not figured out LOTS of things. Man has been neglecting the small details that determine a Gold Ball WINNER and one that CHOKES!

I'm not saying that Clark choked this year in calling plays, but I think he did very well. The point that really came across to me was "small details that determine a Gold Ball WINNER". Weight room, skill, play calling, execution, dedication, just to name a few of our team's qualities are very good. But the reason it seems that we always come up short of a complete year are the small details of the game fundamentals. Such as; snapping of the ball, missed short field goals, wrapping up on tackles, dead-ball penalties, etc. I would hope that the DB coaching staff would begin to pay more attention to these "small details" and then I believe we would see the gold ball come up this way.

Those small details/fundamentals are suposed to be taught in little league and middle school. In the past years our feeder system has been pathetic. To put it mildly. "Most" (not all) of the little league coaches have been more concerened about feeding their own ego's than they have been teaching football. The middle schools haven't had even decent coaching for years, so theres been very little "teaching" going on there. They replaced the Sevier coach with one thats even worse (believe it or not). The Robinson coach seemed to pick up his game this year so maybe there hope there. This was the first year that either program allowed any imput from Graham Clark. I think the little league programs took a GIANT leap in the right direction this year. Maybe things are turning around now. It will still be 4 or 5 years before we see the benifits but I think its comming. Hard to believe it has taken this long for people to realize the problem.

Batman, I have always respected the TSWA list over the Coach's list and I don't think there is any argument which list is biased. And I don't think Hayworth was ALL STATE material. But I do think Cory Hall was. As for the 2 Maryville linemen? I only saw one game so I can't comment. Mathers and Young are given for RB but it is rather incredible that CS did not make it. IMOP his skill set only came to maturity this season. He was twice the RB he was in years past. And was ALL STATE in each of those years.

• 3 weeks later...

Me as well,I've had to work every time any of the boys have played in a game since the season ended.This is a great chance for Hall to get some good looks from schools while playing against some other great players.I'm glad coach Clark nominated him for this bowl and all the fine players we had in the other bowls as well

It's looking like it might only be a local station in KY carrying it cause I've not heard anyone around here say if it was and that stinks. On their web-site thet state it's on TV , so I don"t know. Yeah I hope Hall does well, I just wish he would have gotten his name out there. That happens alot expecially around here.

Mania...CH has Division I qualities in my view. But each year there are many athletes that not only did not get DI looks but maybe not even DII. And then are relegated to NAIA. Mike Crowder is well versed in the fine art of high school football player marketing. Of course it doesn't hurt that his sons are 4.0 geniuses. We all know that Hall was playing the wrong position. I hope things come his way in the next few weeks. I just don't see in the past few years that DB has any special voodoo that other places don't in regard to player marketing.