Dobyns bennett off season thread

WaCoJaCo

Have you checked to see if it's on the internet with that station ? Maybe there could be a way to get a copy of the game from that local station and put it on utube or some way we could all see it.Good luck to Cory and we know he will go until the whistle nomatter what.

I've googled it and checked their web-site. All the site says is that it's telavised. I won't be at the game but I did want to see one more high school football game before it's over till next year. We got a couple close kids going from what I see on the roster. Hall from DB, Austin Hyder from South and Ryan Mitchell from S.H. After the No all-state bubble bust for the big 8, this was a little refreshing. How would you get a tape of a game like this?

Mania...CH has Division I qualities in my view. But each year there are many athletes that not only did not get DI looks but maybe not even DII. And then are relegated to NAIA. Mike Crowder is well versed in the fine art of high school football player marketing. Of course it doesn't hurt that his sons are 4.0 geniuses. We all know that Hall was playing the wrong position. I hope things come his way in the next few weeks. I just don't see in the past few years that DB has any special voodoo that other places don't in regard to player marketing.

I think Hall has the potential as well but like you just stated, they have to get reconized. 95% of the time it just won't fall in their laps. The other 5% are just that good and at this level, that not alot because these kids truely learn the game of football at the college level. Mack Crowder has been on the radar for a while because of the stock and because his Dad know exactly what he is doing. I wouldnt be suprised if he didnt help Downs as well. Also, they probably didnt touch any of the sports scholarship money on these two because their academic should pay for it all. So that means, if I'm right, they got two good players using $0 football scholarship dollars. Pretty smart move on UT behalf. I was told along time ago that the only athletes to get a full ride on sports scholarship alone are the ones that can not get any academic money (Can barley get in a school)and they are what you would call a "super star" athlete.

Here are my thoughts on coach Clark and the job he does with players.There are a bunch of guys that have played at the next level from DB.From the IVY league,national title APPY state,D1 as well as small schools{that's right now alone}. The first thing coach will do is ask the parents if they have a kid that can play if he is interested in playing college ball.Many don't,but for those that do,there are not many high school coaches with more connections then coach Clark has.Coach nominates players for things like all-conferece and all-state as well as nominating them for bowls such as the border bowl.For those athletes that have it all,coach really doesn't have to do a whole lot.Like Adams on the 2008 team.When your 6'5" and have strenth and speed like he does,word will get around by it's self.That's very true when it comes to offensive lineman.That kid at Maryville is about 6'5", 300 pounds and playing for the state champs.His coach really doesn't have to do anything but let him play and dominate defensive lineman. I think North has a real big boy that very well might get a ride because of his size and talent.

Don't forget Clark also has two players in the NFL right now. Sensabaugh & Ghee.

Thanks Dragon.How are you guys looking for next season.From what I'm hearing,we should have a good team.It looks like we might need one or two from the planet Krypton to get us past the early rounds of the playoffs,but maybe it will happen soon for us.

We will be better than last year thats for sure. We started alot of soph and a couple of freshmen last year, and those guys have a year of experience under their belt now. It will be interesting, i am excited to see what we look like.

I dont understand how this keeps happening to you guys. I thought you guys would make it to at least the 3rd or 4th round last season. The year we went undefeated in the regular season....we lost in the 2nd round. I dunno man. Good luck to you guys this coming up season and it looks like we will meet again this year!

So Colobro resigns from Sullivan East. So now the rumors are starting. The rumor i heard today is bringing him to DB. For what? Defense? Is Watson leaving? Clark? Anyone have any information or insight to this? How would this help us? I know he was successful at Gate City but this is a different league. What does he bring to the table to get us over the hump? Maybe a strength and conditioning program. Maybe some new blood even though its old blood could help. I would just like to know for sure. ??????????????????????????

And how old is Colobro? And doesn't he have a serious heart condition? I'm not buying it. In all due respect, he is a wonderful coach. And maybe he is not finished. I think he could teach the local coaches a few things. But why come to East in the first place? And then leave a year later. Sounds cut and dried to me. Speaking of rumors...I heard CS was going to walk on at Knoxville. I truly wish the young man the best where ever he goes.

And how old is Colobro? And doesn't he have a serious heart condition? I'm not buying it. In all due respect, he is a wonderful coach. And maybe he is not finished. I think he could teach the local coaches a few things. But why come to East in the first place? And then leave a year later. Sounds cut and dried to me. Speaking of rumors...I heard CS was going to walk on at Knoxville. I truly wish the young man the best where ever he goes.

Don't think Coach Kersey is coming back so he maybe taking his place, if it's true. I heard that several of the DB team mates are trying to go to the same college, to stay together as a group.

I've heard that Cannon and Steele are heading to Carson Newman. As far as Sensabaugh, i've heard everything. First it was Clemson and then they withdrew the offer. A couple days ago i heard he had decided on Georgia Tech. Now, he's saying he will either go to North Carolina or walk on at Tennessee. Whatever he decides i hope for the best because whoever gets him is going to get a great football player. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've heard that Cannon and Steele are heading to Carson Newman. As far as Sensabaugh, i've heard everything. First it was Clemson and then they withdrew the offer. A couple days ago i heard he had decided on Georgia Tech. Now, he's saying he will either go to North Carolina or walk on at Tennessee. Whatever he decides i hope for the best because whoever gets him is going to get a great football player. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldnt be suprised if Carson Newman is over flowing with DB talent this year. I was told by one of the kids sister the other day that, CN was after them and that several of the boys liked the idea of staying together. The way she talked it was about 5 of them. I don't know how accurate she is but I'm sure she is not totaly wrong.