Henry County Patriots in 2011

QBClubPrez

Any updates?

IMO the Pats look pretty darn good.Lots of bodies, spirited workouts, strong competition, and lots of returning starters.Strengths appear to be O and D lines, RB's, Secondary. Passing game is a work in progress and appears at this time to need a lot of work.New QB coach should make a big difference here.Jackson North Side this Friday, weather permitting,

GO BIG RED

IMO the Pats look pretty darn good.Lots of bodies, spirited workouts, strong competition, and lots of returning starters.Strengths appear to be O and D lines, RB's, Secondary. Passing game is a work in progress and appears at this time to need a lot of work.New QB coach should make a big difference here.Jackson North Side this Friday, weather permitting,

GO BIG RED

I have talked to some players and they expect to be very good. The word on the street is this team is the best one since 2008 and maybe better. The new QB coach is a former Patriot QB from what I have been hearing. I don't want to name him because I'm not sure if it's a done deal. If it is who I am hearing about then it is a very promising situation for HC.

GO BIG RED

Where is the scrimmage and what time?

Good job today Patriots at the Northside scrimmage...although weather shortened the afternoon...I hear we had a very good showing!! It's always good when you score on the first play!

For the one who asked about the jamboree....the games are as followed;

Marshall County Marshals vs. Camden Lions

Lexington Tigers vs. Martin Westview Chargers

Milan Bulldogs vs. Henry County Patriots

Spread the word!!!!!

Henry County looked very good!!! College coaches all over the place to see the two teams including Alabama, Miississippi State and Vanderbilt! I think both of these teams will have to be reckoned with when it comes playoff time!!! North Side did very well considering their youth! They played only two returning starters on each side of the ball and the Freshman QB looked very good throwing for 3 TD's!!! Should be a great season for both groups!! Good luck to both teams!!!

Henry County looked very good!!! College coaches all over the place to see the two teams including Alabama, Miississippi State and Vanderbilt! I think both of these teams will have to be reckoned with when it comes playoff time!!! North Side did very well considering their youth! They played only two returning starters on each side of the ball and the Freshman QB looked very good throwing for 3 TD's!!! Should be a great season for both groups!! Good luck to both teams!!!

Can we get a little bit of information about the scrimmage. Who looked good, what needs work ect.

Olddevil usually provides some good updates on the scrimmages.

Sorry to be so late in reporting in-- wanted to look over the film before commenting since I arrived late and missed the first two series. It was hard for me to concentrate on the play with the frightening cloud approaching that shortly after my arrival,hit with high winds, tornado sirens, hail, and a biblical deluge that promptly ended the scrimmage.At least four D1 scouts were there. We scored three times: Shaq broke a long td run on the first play, apower dive to the right where he broke a tackle then out ran the secondaryto the end zone: Counce caught a pass out of the H-back position and drove into the end zone: Najee made one of his patented runs to left, then down the sideline to a TD. Cook made a great catch of a Kalil pass but was stopped just short of the goal line.

The defense against the run looked very tough with very little positive yardage fo North Side. Pass defense; on the other hand, didn't look so good--Ns scored at least twiceon passes( ther QB who is reportedly a Frosh was impressive.)

Overall we were impressive (as was NS)Weare a long way from a finished product but I am confident we will get there.

GO BIG RED

Was impressed with the b team from henry and their coaches. They ran basic offense and basic defense. Last year we scrimmaged Dyer Co. and they thought it was a game and blitzed every play and ran trick crap. Did nothing for our young players trying to learn fundamentals at Dresden. Class act Henry coaches. We got good film and got to evaluate several players. Henry line coach does good job teaching inside hand position to young guys there. Glad you didn't bring all your speed! lol Wouldn't mind getting thumped by your varsity team knowing you wouldn't rub it in during a scrimmage in future. Thanks again and bring west tennessee a state championship!