Henry County Patriots in 2011

QBClubPrez

Correction. The last two weeks in May( I think ) Good reports from the weight room: nice improvement in strength, size, and speed!! Roughly 130 - 140 kids in upper three grades. We need morer room!!

GO BIG RED

I agree the fieldhouse needs an expansion. Any newcomers making any progress or looking promising so far?

Correction. The last two weeks in May( I think ) Good reports from the weight room: nice improvement in strength, size, and speed!! Roughly 130 - 140 kids in upper three grades. We need morer room!!

GO BIG RED

Thanks for the info.

And that's an incredible number of players for grades 10-12.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey HC fans, I know this is irrelevant to our football team, but I don't know of anyone here who follows the baseball boards regularly, and I didn't even see a thread about District 10AAA, so I'll refrain from starting one that noone will likely open. Just want to say congrats to our Patriot baseball team. Off to a 13-0 start to the season and 6-0 in district 10AAA play. Excellent job and keep up the good work. Caught a game the other night, turns out one of our QBs is also one heckuva slugger.

commish maybe your screen name should be the judge. Football a reward, so if I work my tail off harder than anyone in the world, make straight A's, and never get in any trouble and solve world hunger, I will be rewarded the oppurtunitiy to play college or pro football? Whether the young man gets a second chance or not is yet to be seen however commish, many young people make mistakes, shoudlnt we spend more time trying to help someone with control issues than just push them aside and say no football for you.

commish maybe your screen name should be the judge. Football a reward, so if I work my tail off harder than anyone in the world, make straight A's, and never get in any trouble and solve world hunger, I will be rewarded the oppurtunitiy to play college or pro football? Whether the young man gets a second chance or not is yet to be seen however commish, many young people make mistakes, shoudlnt we spend more time trying to help someone with control issues than just push them aside and say no football for you.

Maybe taking away football would help this kid realize he has to control himself better, otherwise there will be consequences. I'm sure he already knew that, seeing as how he was 17 years old, but maybe this will hit home a little harder. I don't even know who the player is or what the situation was, but I agree with commish on this one. If you hit an authority figure, then there should be a stiff penalty. Aggressiveness is a good trait to have if you're a football player, but you have to control yourself. If he hit a teacher, then he's got more things to worry about than just losing his spot on the football team.

I agree with Red Swarm on this one BUT I will keep an open mind and allow you to change it. I think you have misconstrued my statement with you’re analogizing of straight A’s, world hunger………… There are rules that govern play in the TSSAA. Passing grades is one of the stipulations for play. I am all for second chances. And I am pretty sure that this child will get a second, even third chance if need be. I just not sure that football should be included in his second chance. If we don’t take some stand somewhere then anarchy will reign. What kind of message are we send if we condone this type of behavior. Really, we are debating a moot point. If he is found to be guilty of striking a teacher, he will be sent to alternative school and not allowed to participate in athletics. At least that how we operate here in Robertson County. Maybe Henry is different. If you are I will admit now my error.

If the young man in question is even allowed to practice, let alone play, then that just confirms that the coaches/administration are a bunch of hypocrites who place winning a football game above even the safety of their own teachers. I would hope that the integrity of those in charge would not allow that to happen.