Henry County Patriots in 2011

QBClubPrez

I'm not in charge of anything. YOU'RE the one who just jumped on QBClubPrez for not posting about something that YOU wanted him to post about. And yeah, if I don't like it, then I'm going to respond. Judging from your very own comments along with general wisdom, the student in question is no longer on the team. So no, it no longer pertains to Henry County football. He assaulted a teacher. Get over it and move on.

Then you know more than I do. You are much closer to the situation than I am. I hadn't heard that he had been removed. I will believe it when Liberty comes to town or when we host round one of the playoffs next year. You implied that you wanted to discuss another topic involving Henry County football. I am up for that. What would that topic be?

Then you know more than I do. You are much closer to the situation than I am. I hadn't heard that he had been removed. I will believe it when Liberty comes to town or when we host round one of the playoffs next year. You implied that you wanted to discuss another topic involving Henry County football. I am up for that. What would that topic be?

Fair enough. How far do you believe this team goes next season? Which games on the schedule are you most looking forward to? Do you believe we will have any players other than Jelks who will receive some D1 offers?

Personally, I believe this team will COMPETE for a state title next season. They may not win it, but I'm certainly not expecting another 2nd round exit, given the returning starters and overall talent level. The games I'm most looking forward to are game 1 against Liberty, it will be interesting to see how the team comes out of the gate, given the drumming we took from Liberty in last year's season opener. Also the Beech game. I realize they are probably going to take a step back, but they will still more than likely be one of the two or three best teams we face next season. It will be on the road, "against a midstate school", I'm looking forward to it. Springfield is quickly becoming a solid rivalry. However, I've heard they might also take somewhat of a step back seeing as how they lost some good talent off last year's squad. District implications of course, it will be at home. And of course, Dickson County. We're at home for that one as well, and I'm certainly expecting us to make it 5 in a row over the cougars. Which, I believe, would give us a lead in the overall series with them. I believe that there will be at least 4 other players besides Jelks off of next year's squad that will play college football. Najee Ray, Shaq Allen, Caleb Counce, and Randall Dunlap off the top of my head. And we may have a couple of others.

What say you?

Fair enough. How far do you believe this team goes next season? Which games on the schedule are you most looking forward to? Do you believe we will have any players other than Jelks who will receive some D1 offers?

Personally, I believe this team will COMPETE for a state title next season. They may not win it, but I'm certainly not expecting another 2nd round exit, given the returning starters and overall talent level. The games I'm most looking forward to are game 1 against Liberty, it will be interesting to see how the team comes out of the gate, given the drumming we took from Liberty in last year's season opener. Also the Beech game. I realize they are probably going to take a step back, but they will still more than likely be one of the two or three best teams we face next season. It will be on the road, "against a midstate school", I'm looking forward to it. Springfield is quickly becoming a solid rivalry. However, I've heard they might also take somewhat of a step back seeing as how they lost some good talent off last year's squad. District implications of course, it will be at home. And of course, Dickson County. We're at home for that one as well, and I'm certainly expecting us to make it 5 in a row over the cougars. Which, I believe, would give us a lead in the overall series with them. I believe that there will be at least 4 other players besides Jelks off of next year's squad that will play college football. Najee Ray, Shaq Allen, Caleb Counce, and Randall Dunlap off the top of my head. And we may have a couple of others.

What say you?

Henry County has become a very big game for SHS. That game is a measuring stick for how our team stacks up to everyone else. It is very true that we lost some very good players (four recieved scholarhips to play at the next level and we have a change of others signings) we are now hoping that our underclassmen are ready to step up so that we can reload instead of rebuild every four years. It is some progress to be in the conversation again for important games.

What say you?

I think the team has a great chance to win it all. I don't see any Hillsboro or Maplewood type teams to stop us this time around. Beech will be way down and Gallatin is down a notch. Columbia won't be as good and Melrose seems to have peaked. Ridgeway will be tough but has no kicking game. I look forward to the Liberty game because they are the only team on the schedule who can compete with us. I look forward to the destruction of Dickson County because they can't play with us. I look forward to beating Springfield because they are decent but think they are better than they are. We will ease through the schedule after Liberty. I agree with your list of college players.

Does anyone have any idea where Jelks is leaning as far as what school to attend? Sure would love to see him on the hill in Knoxville.

I would too. It would be awesome to have two former patriots on the hill at the same time, even if it is only for a year. He's leaning towards UT, however, I've heard he's also taking a very hard look at Vandy.

Edit: He's received some more offers over the last couple of days. Wake Forrest, Missouri, and Ole Miss have now offered. So far he's got offers from UT, Vandy (with those two being his highest interests) along with Arkansas State, Cincinnati, Duke, Louisville, Ole Miss, Missouri, and Wake Forrest.

Edited by RedSwarm10

I think the team has a great chance to win it all. I don't see any Hillsboro or Maplewood type teams to stop us this time around. Beech will be way down and Gallatin is down a notch. Columbia won't be as good and Melrose seems to have peaked. Ridgeway will be tough but has no kicking game. I look forward to the Liberty game because they are the only team on the schedule who can compete with us. I look forward to the destruction of Dickson County because they can't play with us. I look forward to beating Springfield because they are decent but think they are better than they are. We will ease through the schedule after Liberty. I agree with your list of college players.

I agree that next year could be the best chance we've ever had at a state title. We will more than likely be 10-0 if we stay as healthy as we did last year (knock on wood). I think Liberty will be a good game. And color me superstitious, but I'm not sleeping on Beech. We should win that one, but I won't be surprised at all if it turns out to be a good game. Then of course there will be some blowouts, but just watch, one of the Clarksville schools is going to give us a game. It's happened the last two years, and I wouldn't doubt that it happens again. We will slaughter Dickson County this year, book it. And it's still just hard to say with Springfield, I think we'll win, but I really just don't know what to expect from them on the field.

But it just always seems like there's one team that comes out of nowhere in the playoffs. I certainly wasn't expecting Hendersonville to come into Patriot Stadium and do what they did last season, but they did. And there will probably be a surprise team or two this season as well. From what I understand, Gallatin will still be very good next year, but probably nothing we can't handle. As for Memphis, one of their top level 5A teams either moved up a class or down a class (can't remember which). I agree with your assessment of Ridgeway. I think that if we were to meet them in the playoffs it would probably be a lot like some of our previous playoff battles with Melrose (personally, the '07 and '08 playoff games we had with Melrose were two of the best/most entertaining Henry County games I've ever watched). I've also heard that Tullahoma has moved down to 5A. Don't know much about them, but I've heard plenty of good things. I have absolutely no clue about anyone in east tennessee. If you do, please share.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't predict anything, but I would imagine that for the most part it will look a lot like last year. The only positions where we are losing any starters are one wide reciever, all three linebackers, and one corner. Expect to see some of these names move up into starting roles next year, and I'm sure they sound familiar, because they were key reserves last year. Matt Craig, Brad Owens, Trey Cowens, and look out for rising sophomores Brandon Donaldson, Dennis Tharpe, and John Tyler Gallimore. Next year should be a good one. :thumb:

brad owens started last year