Henry County Patriots in 2011

QBClubPrez

Sucks I couldn't make it tonight. Just a few questions for anyone who was there. How has our pass offense and pass defense progressed since the spring? What players on the team have really stepped it up? And just how do we look over all at this point? Thanks in advance.

I also see that Henry County is ranked #4 in the preseason 5A poll. Not surprising given our returning talent, but they kind of messed up their analysis of us, unless we have moved away from the two platoon system and are playing people both ways. Where they speak about our returning starters they have LaQuan McFerran listed as a running back in addition to defensive back, and say that our defense will be lead by Shaquille Allen at linebacker in addition to his tailback duties? I realize these analyses are hardly perfect, but are we seriously giving looks to a few players both ways? Given our depth and numbers it doesn't particularly matter to me one way or the other, I'm just genuinely curious.

I can't make it today but would love a review. Thanks!

Nice night for the Patriots: 40-13. Beautiful weather, good crowds on both sides, and a pretty playing surface and stadium. O and D lines looked very good. Pass defense was a little inconsistant but is improving.Obion has a talented QB and some good recievers so I suppose we should be satified with how well they were limited. Their highly regarded RB was pretty well held in check-- Kudoes to D line and LBs . A long TD pass from Najee to Cook was a thing of beauty. A stable of RBs looked good;downer of the night was that Shaq was injured on the first play of the game and didn't return (this after a 60 yard run). Next Friday at the Pepsi Mid-America Challenge should be a lot of fun.

GO BIG RED

Nice night for the Patriots: 40-13. Beautiful weather, good crowds on both sides, and a pretty playing surface and stadium. O and D lines looked very good. Pass defense was a little inconsistant but is improving.Obion has a talented QB and some good recievers so I suppose we should be satified with how well they were limited. Their highly regarded RB was pretty well held in check-- Kudoes to D line and LBs . A long TD pass from Najee to Cook was a thing of beauty. A stable of RBs looked good;downer of the night was that Shaq was injured on the first play of the game and didn't return (this after a 60 yard run). Next Friday at the Pepsi Mid-America Challenge should be a lot of fun.

GO BIG RED

What did he hurt and how bad is it?

GO BIG RED

Concur, good description. What i would add, a good bit of their yardage came from the screen pass. We have yet to work on that in practice so all in all we picked it up enough to keep scores from happening. And essentially, first string on first string was 33-7. Can't wait for Liberty!!! Go Big RED!!!

GO BIG RED

Thanks! Sounds good for the first week in pads. I expect the O line & D line to be nasty this year. I'm ready for Fiday night!

I'm so ready for this Friday's Jamboree. Then Liberty Tech the next week hopefully we can get some redemption on them. I know this is out of the subject but does anyone know how many total career wins Coach Counce Sr. has?

Coach Counce's all time record as a head coach is 183-82.

I sure hope he wins a state title before he retires, nobody deserves it more than that man.

Edited by RedSwarm10