Riverdale's Future?

Lost Old Dad

Hey LOD, good luck Tuesday. If you need anything I'd be glad to help out.

Been out of the loop since Thanksgiving...any movement on any of the open coaching jobs? Has Coach A applied for any? Has Wells resigned?

Thank You. Can't think of a thing right now.

As to the final two questions, don't know and we can only HOPE! There are three openings in Williamson County though he could apply for that would put him closer to home and where he could teach where HIS children go to school.

Barring any change we can only hope Santa brings the staff a book on how to coach DEFENSE and SPECIAL TEAMS! Someone actually getting the kids to compete against each other in the weight room in the off season would be welcomed. Would be nice to see some in the 1500 pound weight group again.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell me how and whoo runs the weight program at Riverdale? Is it similar to how it was run before Rankin left or have they changed it to after school? Just kind of curious! Thanks! GO WARRIORS! :thumb:

its still the same i think the freshman still go during first period I dont think they do it during 6th period but i do beleive varsity goes and different class times

Thank You. Can't think of a thing right now.

As to the final two questions, don't know and we can only HOPE! There are three openings in Williamson County though he could apply for that would put him closer to home and where he could teach where HIS children go to school.

Barring any change we can only hope Santa brings the staff a book on how to coach DEFENSE and SPECIAL TEAMS! Someone actually getting the kids to compete against each other in the weight room in the off season would be welcomed. Would be nice to see some in the 1500 pound weight group again.

actually LOD his son DOES attend RIVERDALE he is a freshman and was on the freshman team

actually LOD his son DOES attend RIVERDALE he is a freshman and was on the freshman team

I believe you, but it is strange in that the freshman team was virtually ignored this year. Or was this the reason a FRESHMAN RB was brought up too soon and almost ruined this year by taking hits he wasn't used to yet. A two coach staff for the freshman team is ridiculous. Is there no volunteer coaches that want to work with this team anymore? If not then WHY?

Is his son coming from another county the reason he or ANY of his staff did NOT work with or attend ANY of the Christiana Middle School games?

While Coach A is one of the nicest and one of the most personable guys around, his lack of paying attention to details to the WHOLE program is hurting us.

This has been FIVE full years of the WingT. In my opinion the JOKE should be over and getting back to championship form should begin.

Is his son coming from another county the reason he or ANY of his staff did NOT work with or attend ANY of the Christiana Middle School games?

I dont want to get into all this because i dont have a dog in the hunt. I can say though for an absolute 100% fact that there WAS Riverdale coaches at the Christiana Middle School football games. Im not trying to defend anyone. I dont have answers for your questions about the freshman team or the weight program but I do know they had 1-2 coaches at almost every middle school game.

Coach Wells our DC had a kid on Chrisitannas team so he was at everyone of those games and he was a some of the practices as well...I do know coach A was at a few of our games at least for a half so he does have an idea of what he has coming also rockvale and buchanon play their games at RIVERDALE and I am usre he saw some of those games as well...keep in mind that Mr Gill has really cut them from ANY contact at middle schools EVEN if the kids are zoned RIVERDALEso he is limited on what he can do...back in the day you could go visit the school and ask for ZONED RIVERDALE students and now you cant do those things so they are EXTREMEMLY limited on contact with the kids

Someone actually getting the kids to compete against each other in the weight room in the off season would be welcomed. Would be nice to see some in the 1500 pound weight group again.

Just curious, when you say 1500 pound weight group, what do you mean? Most high schools and colleges only do a 3 max total from bench, power clean and squat so obviously thats not what you are talking about.

Just curious, when you say 1500 pound weight group, what do you mean? Most high schools and colleges only do a 3 max total from bench, power clean and squat so obviously thats not what you are talking about.

Thats exactly what I mean and those are the lifts I am talking about. The various weight clubs used to be posted on the walls of the weight room. I haven't been in it in the last 3 years so I do not know if it is that way now.

We USED to have one or two in the 1500 club each year. I know because my SON was one of them!

Thats exactly what I mean and those are the lifts I am talking about. The various weight clubs used to be posted on the walls of the weight room. I haven't been in it in the last 3 years so I do not know if it is that way now.

We USED to have one or two in the 1500 club each year. I know because my SON was one of them!

What were his individual maxes? Thats a ton a weight. I know a guy thats works in the S&C program at a top tier SEC school and he said they dont even guys get that high. He said its rare to get someone even in the 1400s. He said they shoot for about 500 on squat(real squats), 400 bench and 300 on power clean. Thats a total of 1200 so if Riverdale used to have 1-2 guys a year reaching 1500, thats pretty amazing.