Riverdale's Future?

Lost Old Dad

It's all been about changes. Over the past few years we have seen affect of the Blackman and Smyrna growth and the rezoning taking its toll on all the programs. As for the future, its about to change again. With the new high school going in between Blackman and Smyrna, it will affect both of those programs pulling students from both schools. But from what I have seen over the years it goes alot deeper than that. In the years past, Riverdale would just reload from a strong middle school program that developed players. Those days have gone. The middle school programs now do little to no conditioning or training. Ive seen stronger pratice ethics in the local junior pro programs. I watched 2 middle school programs this year that feed into Riverdale and I have to say, they were both a joke. Little to no practice, no conditioning, no weight training, no JV games. There once was a day where it was a special honor to become an " Iron Warrior" but that luster has faded greatly. Now, whos responsiblity is it? There was once a day when the coaches from the high school would go and visit the middle schools to assist in the developement. I didnt see any high school coaches or assistants at any of the middle school games this year. If we want a program that we all can be proud of it has to start at the bottom. Maybe its time we get back to the commitment to the "Warrior Way"

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you all not have open zoning down there? Blount County kids can pay a nominal fee and go to Maryville or Alcoa. Is it not that way where you are at? I would assume that if you can do it in one area that it would be legal in all areas.

Each county has its own rules. Heck please get with the times. <_<

Do you all not have open zoning down there? Blount County kids can pay a nominal fee and go to Maryville or Alcoa. Is it not that way where you are at? I would assume that if you can do it in one area that it would be legal in all areas.

No, The only way you can avoid rezoning is if you already were going to the school that you were rezoned from you can be grandfathered in but you have to provide your own transportation.

No open zoning. Part of the problem is as Warrier82dad indicates. All at the feet of the school board. The zoning is so messed up, it prevents the HS coaches from helping out at the middle schools. No real feeder system left to the high schools. A HS coach might be dealing with a kid at a middle school that will be zoned for a different HS, then all the recruiting weenies come out of the woodwork just because he showed a kid how to spin or swim a double team. Not sure what the T$$AA rules are, but it would be good if two or three of the head coaches would get together and offer a month long camp during the spring for the middle school kids that want to get better. Yeah, you might be coaching up a kid that is going to be on the opposite sidelines, but most coaches that I know want to see all kids improve. It might need to be a paid camp so that it doesn't violate any TSSAA rules. Soccer has been doing this for years through Murfreesboro Soccer Club. Granted that there is no real "team" focused activities, but I think individual technique could be greatly improved. Just my opinion. I still see Rdale as a powerhouse in the county, just going through what many schools have to do to stay competitive. I remember when they used to say that Blackman had a bunch of good hardworking kids and it was a shame that good kid didn't mean good football player.

LOD You are just a HATER. You never come on here when Riverdale wins to say anything positive. You were even negative when Rankin was here.

Rankin realized that his chances for success here were deminishing and he left. If you don't believe it, just ask him.

It's appearant this coaching staff is here to stay so love it or leave it!

NO!

You are not running me off either. Yes, there are some things I hate. One is seeing a well oiled football machine destroyed by lax discipline and NOT paying attention to details. I will be here and pointing out the failings of the program until it gets fixed. Don't like it, then don't read it, but I WILL be here pointing out the flaws in the program.

BTW, I am NOT alone. I am just the most mouthy!

Now Coach A, you get the old resume out and dusted off so you can run it by those three schools in Williamson County yet? Apparently they like 'Metro' type coaching!

Edited by Lost Old Dad

warrior82dad, the new school will affect Smyrna and LaVergne more as it will pull from both of them. The one after it scheduled for Rockvale will pull from Blackman and Riverdale.

I forsee both Siegel and Oakland being the twin football powers in Rutherford County then unless the LOSING/CHOKING situation is fixed at R'dale.

NO!

You are not running me off either. Yes, there are some things I hate. One is seeing a well oiled football machine destroyed by lax discipline and NOT paying attention to details. I will be here and pointing out the failings of the program until it gets fixed. Don't like it, then don't read it, but I WILL be here pointing out the flaws in the program.

BTW, I am NOT alone. I am just the most mouthy!

Now Coach A, you get the old resume out and dusted off so you can run it by those three schools in Williamson County yet? Apparently they like 'Metro' type coaching!

What metro coaches are coaching in Williamson County?

i disagree with warriordad...we didnt even play a lot of middle school ball til recently chrisitanna our first feeder school didnt open til 04 so while i do agree that they dont work much in the middle school it never existed now Mr GIll has REALLY tied all of the coaches in the county up where they cant work with their feeder schools its not allowed plus the zoning is so messed up that at christianna there are kids zone for oakland there these kids travel about 20 minutes when oakland middle is about 5 minutes from them thats messed up

when the new school opens while that school will pull from blackman and smyrna balckman will get some of our kids so we will take a hit from the new school opening

NONE, because Williamson County is smart! I am willing to bet they do NOT want Coach A either! <_<

"Apparently they like 'Metro' type coaching!" this does not make much sense when you follow it with "NONE, because Williamson County is smart!"

So Williamson county likes Metro type coaching, but have no former metro coaches. So Williamson couldnt get a metro coach? :wacko:

Had that blood pressure checked LATELY? Something is definitely keeping you from clear THINKING! :wacko:

Hey, this bold, oversized, over exclamation pointed style of posting is FUN!!![/b]